Wii Fit $10 Walmart.com Gift Card w/ Pre-order

turls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9906732

I tried to search and did not find this one. This was advertised in their "Mom's Day" booklet. The gift card is only good for use at walmart.com.

I know you have tax, but it looks like it may be as close to a deal as you're going to get.

EDIT: I wasn't even going to do this since I had a pre-order at Amazon, but since Amazon shipping is delayed from release day I thought I would try it. Well, shipping kills this Wal-Mart "deal". You don't get a ship-to-store option, and shipping is $10. If you need it close to release day maybe its worth it.

One of the good things about wal mart is they are a bit more solid on video game delivery dates than Amazon, though amazon did a great deal for me with restoring that reputation with GTA and Mario Kart last week. That said, this is one of the few places left to score this game, so I'm in.

pre-order is for online only...I tried in-store a few days ago and they unfortunatly don't do many preorders if any

[quote name='Squashua']This is a lousy deal.

It's shipping only; no in-store pick-up.

Cheapest shipping costs more than $10.[/quote]

I think I said all that in the OP, but I guess it bears repeating . . .?

And where are you planning on pre-ordering if you haven't already with any chance of getting it near release?

Are we able to use the $10 giftcard on WiiFit itself? They said they email you the giftcard within hours so I assume we could just use it on WiiFit?

[quote name='Raul0923']Are we able to use the $10 giftcard on WiiFit itself? They said they email you the giftcard within hours so I assume we could just use it on WiiFit?[/quote]

I think you have to pre-order it first. Then they send you the $10 gift card, I'm guessing if you cancel your pre-order and try to pre-order again your $10 gift card will be no good.

[quote name='KSHLove']it's not really a deal when shipping costs $10, since it's a pre-order they won't let you do site to store shipping.[/quote]

Is there an echo in here? If mods want to close the thread I'm all for it. So sue me, it wasn't obvious it wasn't a deal until I put it in my cart.

Actually while the $10 Gift Card isn't so much of a deal, it's a deal in that you can actually get Wii Fit....I went to Gamestop today and when they told me they were still taking pre-orders I got excited. Only to find that in fact they weren't. Neither are any of the big stores around here and ebay resellers are already charging outrageous prices (150+ in some cases) as well as many online stores.

So for basically what amounts to an extra buck ($11+ shipping - $10 gift card) it's not so bad :) I'm glad I actually got one now. Thanks OP!

I still had $10 gift card from Walmarts preorder screw up last January, and used it on this. That took care of the shipping, and made it $97 after tax + the gift card.

This is a great deal, since finding a Wii Fit in the stores around launch will be frustrating. This saves me time driving around and comes out to about the same overall price as if I paid in the store anyway. Just pre-ordered mine. Thanks a million op! :applause:

[quote name='tbolt30']Do they charge you right away for pre-ordering?[/quote]

Most sites do not. I don't have any experience with pre-ordering from Wal-Mart, but I would assume they won't charge you until Wii Fit is released.

Did anyone actually get their Gift Card Emails or order confirmations yet? I haven't which is making me wonder if they really are OOS and just delaying the notice. I hope to God this isn't the case =P

[quote name='goomba478']Did anyone actually get their Gift Card Emails or order confirmations yet? I haven't which is making me wonder if they really are OOS and just delaying the notice. I hope to God this isn't the case =P[/QUOTE]

I got my gift card email already but it took like 10 mins for it to go through for some odd reason.

Will we be able to walk into stores on day one and find wii fit available for purchase? It took amazon over a week to sell out of preorders (despite limit of 3 per customer), whereas the wii system preorder only lasted under a day.

Bah... I hate this 'hard to find' conundrum. Am I particularly excited about Wii Fit? Not really. Am I contemplating pre-ordering this just so I have one in case I decide I *do* want it? Certainly.

After the Wii, it's like all bets are off with Nintendo stuff. 'Oh, ha, I'll be able to find it later.' Yeah, we see how well that's gone. Though it's just the Wii itself, I see Wii Fit as having the potential to sell just as well, especially once it gets coverage.

... really, though, I'd imagine as long as you show up at Wal-Mart around midnight on launch day it should be easy to snag one, right? :lol:

That's great news. I'll look into that. Anyway, I did find a few contests online to win a Wii and I think the one at spout.com is legitimate. I am stuck on clue four. Now can anyone help me with movie trivia?

There will be a lot of Wii Fit on eBay for sure... Who cares if i can't score one at launch. It's not like it's free, you still have to pay for it. I'll wait till there's a deal or something. $90 is too much, maybe $70... This Walmart deal is pretty close to $80, but factoring in shipping and taxes, meh, even local BB or CC is better.

[quote name='rumblebear']Will we be able to walk into stores on day one and find wii fit available for purchase? It took amazon over a week to sell out of preorders (despite limit of 3 per customer), whereas the wii system preorder only lasted under a day.[/quote]

Looking at Ebay sales now, there not so great (w fees and tax) and some people are just breaking even. You should be able to walk in and get one. But you won't know till that day happens.

IMO, this game/accesory will be as hard to find as mario kart with wheel.

[quote name='Dhuk']Looking at Ebay sales now, there not so great (w fees and tax) and some people are just breaking even. You should be able to walk in and get one. But you won't know till that day happens.

IMO, this game/accesory will be as hard to find as mario kart with wheel.[/QUOTE]
I sold two already for $150 including shipping. With fees and shipping, I'm making $40 profit.

bread's done
Back