Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

[quote name='MasterSun1']Went to the Best Buy in Eugene, OR today at 9:55am. I was 15th in line, although they just opened the door and let people scramble for them. I casually grabbed one after all the older people in front of me finished the frenzy, strolled to customer service to return GTA IV (PS3) which I got by "exchanging" Condemned 2 at Wal-Mart (which I got from Game Crazy for $34.99) for the original price I paid for my original copy of GTAIV ($53.99 after 10% off coupon). Only cost me $26 more on my debit card as I had a $10 off coupon (Wii Fit only $79.99) and now I can start getting in shape lol.

GTA IV, $34.99
Wii Fit, $79.99
Getting in Shape, Priceless[/quote]

Story would have been better without the Wal-mart "return" fraud.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Went to the Best Buy in Eugene, OR today at 9:55am. I was 15th in line, although they just opened the door and let people scramble for them. I casually grabbed one after all the older people in front of me finished the frenzy, strolled to customer service to return GTA IV (PS3) which I got by "exchanging" Condemned 2 at Wal-Mart (which I got from Game Crazy for $34.99) for the original price I paid for my original copy of GTAIV ($53.99 after 10% off coupon). Only cost me $26 more on my debit card as I had a $10 off coupon (Wii Fit only $79.99) and now I can start getting in shape lol.

GTA IV, $34.99
Wii Fit, $79.99
Getting in Shape, Priceless[/QUOTE]Retail Fraud
Retail fraud involves the theft of merchandise, including price switching or attempting to obtain a fraudulent refund. Retail fraud is a crime of theft, requiring proof that the item was intentionally stolen; committing retail fraud can lead to a felony conviction of up to five year's imprisonment. Persons convicted of retail fraud can also be subjected to civil penalties demanded by the store in question. Retail fraud penalties can include the full price of the property and civil damages.

Getting raped in prison: priceless.

Went to Target at 7:45 (opened at 8), third in line, at 8 there was 15, they had 24 and they were letting people buy double, all were gone in 1 minute.

Phoenix, AZ

All the stores here are sold out. You'd think in the 6 month delay from Japan to US they would have been stockpiling. Hopefully it will come back in stock online.

my girlfriend bought it today waited out site of best buy and said there was actually a line for it...I am surprised i new it would sell but i didnt think this quick...also best buy was trying to sell ridiculous accessories...they tried selling her a mat to put under it for 30dollars and was like no thanks i have a 10 yoga mat at home

but it is definitely fun i am going to have to pick up we ski

i was kind of worried about finding one after reading here. luckily went into best buy around 2pm and they still had about 8-10 in the game section. i'll let the mrs weigh herself first. the box itself is heavier than i thought

mishawaka, in btw

[quote name='rjung']Wii Fit made Ellen Degeneres' "video of the day."
The audience goes nuts when she gives everyone a Wii + Wii Fit.

--R.J.[/quote]

Thanks Nintendo for giving away a ton of games and systems you know are scarce.

Helped a friend get a copy this morning at Best Buy. There were only about 9 of them and everyone got real grabby real fast. Ended up taking one out of a lady's shopping cart (she had 3) after the manager told her only one per customer.

[quote name='rjung']Wii Fit made Ellen Degeneres' "video of the day."
The audience goes nuts when she gives everyone a Wii + Wii Fit.

--R.J.[/quote]

And now WiiFit has everything it needs to sell millions. Whoever watched her show today probably now wants one of these fuckers, lol. Word of mouth to other soccer moms = massive profit, and none of them care about the Wii storage problem :bomb:.

While this does look fun, I myself am probably going to wait until I see that one good Wii game that uses the balance board that just says I need it. I know I would get bored of this after awhile and never play it again. Not that it is a bad game, but like with Wii sports, I played that for a good while and the last time I played it was about 6 months ago when I felt like bowling. If it was $60 I probably would of picked it up, but $90 is a bit too much out of my price range for this since I do not have the dire need to play it.

I'm glad, lilboo. Despite trying to convince yourself you could wait, I could really tell you wanted one. Hope you enjoy it!

[quote name='chakan']I'm glad, lilboo. Despite trying to convince yourself you could wait, I could really tell you wanted one. Hope you enjoy it![/quote]

It's the feel good story of the day! :applause:

Good to see that pretty much most CAGs wanting one are able to find 'em without too much trouble.

God, I kind of want to go look for it.

The mad rush has infected me with the Atlus Syndrome, even though I'm absolutely sure this will never become rare or anything.

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to find one after I get off of work at 5PM. I couldn't convince myself that taking the day off for Wii Fit was a good idea. At the very least I'm hoping more shipments will come for retailers to put out on Sunday. I should have pre-ordered... damn you, Ellen!

[quote name='chakan']I'm glad, lilboo. Despite trying to convince yourself you could wait, I could really tell you wanted one. Hope you enjoy it![/QUOTE]

Well I did want it! I wasn't going to go crazy either. I went to Wal-Mart they were sold out. Gamestop was across the street and they had it. If they didn't have it, I would have went to a place or 2 tonight to see.

Gamestop near me had like 4 left :shrug:
Yet, the Wal-Mart across the street was ransacked when they opened :lol: So I don't get why Gamestop had some left.

If anybody tries the Wii Fit Board with other games (more or less We Ski), I'd like to know how well the board works with them.

I ponied up the money last night for three reasons:

1. I always believe that things will be easy to find, but the Wii has now added a twinge of doubt to that mindset.

2. This is rarely going to go on sale.

3. This really isn't the sort of thing I'd want to buy used. OMG feetz.

From the sound of it, Nintendo also didn't ship out as many of them as I would've thought, which is likely because of the size. Obviously we've heard people say that Target got like 100 of them, but other stores seem to have received less. I'm hoping that means that they'll be a very quick second shipment.

I'm also damn curious to see the NPD numbers on this whenever they come out.

[quote name='anomynous']This is really that hard to find?[/quote]
We'll see later this week. Problem is that most stores didn't really put a limit on how many you could buy, so fatty scalpers were there to hoard multiples.

Yeah, I wish there was more wiifit board games.

The guy at Best Buy tried to give me some excuse as to why they only had 10 Wii Fit boxes this morning when they opened. He said Nintendo cut all shipments to retail stores in half...

I don't know if I believe that.

I actually picked mine up yesterday. FYE had them and broke the official street date. I just happen to ask the guy that works there if they were getting them in on the 21st and he said " Yeah, probably early morning shipment". Then he asked another employee and that guy said "Oh, we have 2 in the back right now." Well I only paid $9.06 for mine.

I was in that store earlier in the day to see how much I could get for The Simpsons Game I had picked up from Target for $2.65 and a copy of The Orange Box that I had picked up from Target as well for $16.03. Both games were sealed. To make a long story short, He gave me full credit for the actual cost of the games that they sell them for new.($39.99/$59.99+tx) Factor in my Backstage Pass membership and I got the Wii Fit and a gift card with $9.62 left on it. It pays to build good relationships with people.

Real Age: 29.
Fit Age: 37.
D'oh! (or Dough!) I expected as much, really.

Before I started, I weighed in on my bathroom scale, and then Wii Fit said I was about 14 pounds lighter. I thought that it would work fine on short carpets, but I added the foot extentions and my weight came up right the second time. It's a lot of fun. I just need to stretch out a little more before the lunges next time, and figure out how to do the push ups right on the board. They want my hands a lot closer together than I'm used to doing for push ups, which makes it a whole heck of a lot harder.

[quote name='jello00'] Nintendo cut all shipments to Best Buy in half...

I don't know if I believe that.[/QUOTE]Fixed. Multiple reports of 100 units at Targets. Nintendo knows where its audience shops, that's all.

[quote name='Travelsized']I just need to stretch out a little more before the lunges next time, and figure out how to do the push ups right on the board. [/quote]

There aren't any stretch exercises on the disc?

[quote name='VioletArrows']There aren't any stretch exercises on the disc?[/QUOTE]

There's yoga streching exercises, but I didn't do all of them today. (And I did them after the strength training, which ended up being backwards.) Some of the easier aerobic activities might work for stretching and warming up, but I'll have to take a closer look. If they do a sequel (or a third party tries to do something like this) a guided warm up routine would be extremely useful.

I did about 40 minutes today. This is pretty fun ^_^
My Wii Fit age is 37 and I'm 23 LOL :(

I also have a pretty big crush on my trainer..

So, I don't like being told what to do and spent the whole day at work staring at this giant Wii Fit box telling me to be healthy. So before I tried it tonight I got good and drunk, which was the least healthy thing I could think of that I was open to. I don't know if this is necessarily related, or if I am just naturally wobbly, but I am 28 and my Wii Fit age is 40. I feel pretty good about that.

This thing is fun. My favorite part (narrowly beating out the little "all done" voice) is that the power button makes the whole thing look like a giant DS. Obviously, that was the intent, but I think it's well executed. I'm going to try Wii Ski in a bit and I'll ramble about it here when I get a chance.

I had mixed results with mine I did my age test like 4 times in order they were 46,41,43,35. It really depends on which exercise I get on how well I do and the fact its more balance oriented makes me somewhat poor at it since my exercises don't focus on balance. Ahh well this should definatly help me shed a few extra pds with my regular exercise and get better tone and balance. Oh my real age is 31.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm actually fuckin sweating[/quote]Hawt!!

How much is this thing anyway? I pre-ordered one to be nice to my local EB manager, but didn't pay attention to the price. They're going for about $150 on ebay right now.

Ikea has these great big blue tarp type shopping bags that I take everywhere with me. All the garden stuff I buy at Home Depot I put in the bags to keep the car clean. And one bag can do a weeks worth of groceries no problem.

[quote name='guinaevere']
How much is this thing anyway? I pre-ordered one to be nice to my local EB manager, but didn't pay attention to the price. They're going for about $150 on ebay right now.[/quote]
$89.99 retail, $10 less if you can find it at Costco or use the $10 coupon at Best Buy. I got shot down at Target with the $5 Toy coupon since they make you buy this at the electronics counter. I ended up with an extra, which I think will probably end up going to a local friend. I had considered reselling it, but $50 is not enough of a profit to make me ignore that dirty feeling. I didn't realize you could only sync one board.

I am sucking serious wind after about 45 minutes, and I'm really not in all that bad of shape. My new favorite part is the "Basic Run", because I get to see all my Miis and they give me high fives and slap me the way only runners can.

They are $90.

I love how all ads featuring this have that IKEA like furniture :lol:
It really is making me wanna fuckin redecorate :bomb:

[quote name='mephitical']$89.99 retail, $10 less if you can find it at Costco or use the $10 coupon at Best Buy.[/quote]Thanks.

My new favorite part is the "Basic Run", because I get to see all my Miis and they give me high fives and slap me the way only runners can.
That sounds awesome. I'm no runner, but that's the sort of thing that'd be kinda enjoyable.

[quote name='lilboo']It really is making me wanna fuckin redecorate :bomb:[/quote]I just finished redoing my bedroom yesterday. But not in Ikea stuff. Theyr'e kinda hit or miss on quality.

I got their catalog in my mailbox last fall since one just opened up downtown.

I swore to myself that I'd never actually care about decorating crap, but I can't believe I was squeeing all the way through that retarded SAR warehouse. And my bed and bathroom are gorgeous now. -_-

...How did we start talking about Ikea?

[quote name='seanr1221']Luckily I just decked my room out with Ikea stuff, so it fits in nicely[/QUOTE]

I used to think you were cool.

Wii Fit, no.

The Balance Board, only if developers take it seriously and we end up with more than 5 games over the life of the console. Something tells me no on that also, though.

Ikea stuff is great, son. If you make sure it is reinforced and sturdy.

Also if you assume it'll fall apart within two years.

But for the most part it functions nicely enough. And it's as cheap as you can get while still getting a modern look.

/has to go look for Wii Fit tomorrow

[quote name='JoeB1233']
So, people who have this, do you foresee it having a lot of longevity? I know I probably couldn't pick this up now even if I wanted, but I'd like it to have a bit more staying power than Wii sports.
[/quote]
I thought Wii Sports had staying power, and I still play it a year and a half later, so I might not be the right person to answer your question (How do you get tired of basic, time-tested games like bowling? Seriously?). Anyway, after an hour now, I see Wii Fit as having the same longevity as Wii Sports for me. I actually care about excercising right now, which pretty much never happens, and I never get tired of nice Mii integration.

Speaking of, I just put in some time with Wii Ski. I guess I'll post more detailed impressions in the "official" thread, but I'd say it's worth about $20 at a glance. It does a decent job of simulating a ski hill, but the balance board integration is not fantastic like it should be and it feels more than a little tacked on (Ski School and the other skiiers only refer to remot/nunchuk control and just ignore the fact that you just went out and dropped $100 on a stupid balance board. So insensitive)

bread's done
Back