Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

[quote name='CombatCraig']Am I the only one who is having the varying weight problem. Because my living room is so small I have to get off the board and move things around. When I get back on the board it says my weight has changed since last time. Plus when I take the test it keeps showing drastic changes in my weight. Last night I gained 7 lbs, this afternoon I lost 10. I think it's because always moving the board. The board has it settle back in the carpet, etc. Because if I put it right back into the divots in my carpet from the last time I get no message about a change (Except for the BMI test that keeps changing every day no matter what)

Am I the only one having this problem?[/QUOTE]

I have had this issue as well. It actually says I've lost 4.5 pounds in two days, while my scale upstairs says I have lost .5 pounds. My wife speculated it is, in fact, due to it being on the carpet.

RD

All this fitness crap aside, I LOVE jogging through Nintendo land. Just once in reality I'd like to jog and see wind power windmills gently spinning as I emerge from a tunnel. Another reason not to jog in reality.

Confirmed games that'll use the Balance Board...

Rayman Raving Rabbids 3
Skate It
Don King's Prizefighter
All-Star Cheer Squad
Boogie Superstar (Boogie 2)

Square has also said they'd use the Balance Board in an upcoming Final Fantasy game, but they haven't really said much more than that.

OK, finally tried it today (got it yesterday, but yesterday belonged to the Penny Arcade Adventures demo). Says my BMI is on the high side of normal and my wii fit age is 26 (I'm 33...and, yeah, I know these numbers are bunk). Played Worked out for about 40 minutes. I set a low goal of losing 10 lbs. over 2 months (I could stand to lose about 20). We'll see what things look like in a week or two and adjust the goal accordingly.

The only exercise I've been getting for the past many years is pushing the lawnmower around the yard once a week for 6 months of the year. I'd like to get back to where I was when I regularly trained in martial arts...but obviously Wii Fit won't get me there alone. Maybe it's not a bad starting point? It's certainly a lot more fun.

Is anyone here considered obese? I'm curious to what they do/say for you when it comes up as obese.
I'm 5lbs overweight and it showed my Mii all fat with a belly LOL :cry: So I'm really curious to what they do for obese..

Maybe I'll create another profile and hold my nephew :lol:

I think my carpet is average. No trouble here. My scale says 160ish and so does my Wii Fit.
Except for my BF, according to Wii Fit he gained 2 1/2 pounds since yesterday LOL

[quote name='lilboo']I think my carpet is average. No trouble here. My scale says 160ish and so does my Wii Fit.
Except for my BF, according to Wii Fit he gained 2 1/2 pounds since yesterday LOL[/QUOTE]

I get about a 1pound error if I move it out of the indentations in the carpet.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Man, I'm weak. I just did that beginner's lunge exercise and now everythings all wobbly when I walk.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='seanr1221']I get about a 1pound error if I move it out of the indentations in the carpet.[/QUOTE]

I was having some pretty big problems and my carpet isn't even thick at all. But I also noticed every time I moved the board from the previous indentations my weight would change but more drastically than yours. I went from gaining 7 to losing 10 to gaining 5 more. I put on the extenders and my weight is about dead on from the last time I went to the doctor.

So now I know I'm really fat but since I've been training for 3 days we deleted our old data so we have more accurate results.

And whoever invented the jackknife deserves to die if they haven't already!

See? This game can provide some kind of results. I'm really impressed this morning and yesterday morning because I def have some sore spots. My whole hip area is completely fuckin numb thanks to those damn hula hoops.
Wait until you unlock 20 reps of Jacknife :lol: ^_^

I like the jackknife and I think the yogas pretty useful for stretching and balance. I haven't had much more time to mess with it really hoping ot tonight and possibly do some aerobics and get better at the pushups. I have a hard time seeing what he wants me to do on the screen since my TV is wall mounted and I'm around 2 to 3 feet away from it when I do that particular exercise.

It's interesting to see the variance in results that people are getting on carpets. Without the extensions WiiFit was within 2 lbs of what my scale shows. Maybe I'll put the feet on the board, though, and see what happens. I'll probably end up deleting my data and restarting if it seems to eliminate the 2 lb difference.

Anyone else have a problem getting used to the Balance Board? I had no clue what I was doing at first, and I think it contributed to my WiiFit age of 44!

[quote name='lilboo'][nerd] To the people who have this game or would be getting it soon, would anyone be interested in starting some kind of experiment? Set up a 2 week or 1 month goal with JUST using this as any forms of exercise (of course, with proper diet) to see what kind of results we can actually get from this?
[/nerd][/QUOTE]

I'd be up for trying that. I'd shoot for a month, maybe only having an "official" posted weigh-in once a week, just to try and offset any normal fluctuations in weight, but still try to do the body test each day. And if it works, who knows? Maybe we'll start posting cheap ass diet/exercise deals.

Good.
If we can get say..10 people we can start something on June 1st.
So post here or even PM me if you would be interested.

But if we can't even get 10 people, I'm not gonna bother :lol:

finally got to try it last night. pretty cool so far except that it says i'm overweight since it doesn't compensate for muscle (to be fair though, i could lose some around the midsection). strange too that my wife measured in as normal and she's 8 months pregnant! :)

Yeah, so she says ;)

She's probably been drinking and that's just a beer belly :nottalking:
Tsk tsk, the secret lives of people we trust :shame:

:grouphug: jk of course :)

[quote name='lilboo']Good.
If we can get say..10 people we can start something on June 1st.
So post here or even PM me if you would be interested.

But if we can't even get 10 people, I'm not gonna bother :lol:[/QUOTE]
You 10 people better hold up some big jeans or I won't believe this experiment happened. On the other end, we should find 10 people who go to the gym regularly to compete against the 10 Wii Fitters. CAG Biggest loser!

Of course it would have to go on the honor system. No bastards saying they lost 90 lbs, I don't care how big the jeans they're holding are.

Well the people who do the GYM will def beat out the people who ONLY did Wii Fit..but then, I guess it makes us wonder "How much more"? :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']Well the people who do the GYM will def beat out the people who ONLY did Wii Fit..but then, I guess it makes us wonder "How much more"? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Maybe try having one group do only wii fit against a group that does 50% gym and 50% wii fit? I would definitely be willing to participate in the 2nd group, and I think that would maybe yield better results.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Just the thought of that cracks me up. I want to take my 4' 11", 97 lb friend to Subway and take a picture of her holding my jeans.[/quote]
Do you have a picture of her?

Of course. Did you want the nudes or the regular pictures? Pull your pants down and lube up now in preparation. Its only available for CAG premium members though.

I got it this morning, and it seems good. I think mine might have a problem with it though, because I weighed myself yesterday on a scale and checked the weight feature on the game and I seem to have lost 41 lbs. since then.

After searching the box (because I like organizing my stuff), I found extenders. I put those on, and I gained 39 lbs. :(

Damn Nintendo...getting my hopes up.

[quote name='KingBroly']After searching the box (because I like organizing my stuff), I found extenders. I put those on, and I gained 39 lbs. :(

Damn Nintendo...getting my hopes up.[/quote]

On the bright side, there is still a net loss of 2 pounds. Congrats! :lol:

Shit. I can afford it now and can't find it.

Though all I want it for is yoga, so I might just get "Let's YOGA!" for DS, a yoga mat, and save $40. It has 70 poses instead of 15, and you can organize them into routines whereas on WiiFit, you can't.

[quote name='KingBroly']After searching the box (because I like organizing my stuff), I found extenders. I put those on, and I gained 39 lbs. :(

Damn Nintendo...getting my hopes up.[/quote]

Nintendo did that on purpose. Now you want to lose 40 lbs even more.

The yoga stuff is HARD. I like the Ski Jump game the best. It's short and easy. I did a jog...and I finished behind a dog. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do there.

[quote name='KingBroly']The yoga stuff is HARD. I like the Ski Jump game the best. It's short and easy. I did a jog...and I finished behind a dog. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do there.[/quote]

Obviously you have to kick the dog out of the way.

Is the yoga making anyone more flexible?;)

Woo, real age 23, wii fit age, 45...

I've only been playing for half and hour and im already tired, i guess 45 is a good estimate.

[quote name='Okari']Obviously you have to kick the dog out of the way.

Is the yoga making anyone more flexible?;)[/QUOTE]

I've had it since Monday and while I'm not sure if it is making me more flexible I will say that the poses are getting easier.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Of course. Did you want the nudes or the regular pictures? Pull your pants down and lube up now in preparation. Its only available for CAG premium members though.[/QUOTE]

lol

I just sold my extra today for cost to a local friend. I'm still kind of irritated that you can't have two running on the same Wii; I would have really liked to do side-by-side snowboarding.

Am I the only one trying to gain a little weight with this? I think it should be possible with more focus on the strength excersizes, which I have found to be surprisingly fun. I really hope there is an update to the Wii Fit channel that assigns you actual training routines based on your goal.

Well, just tried it out this evening.

Not as bad as I thought:

Real age: 39
Wii Fit Age: 38

And I'm just at the top of the normal range. It did reveal a very interesting thing about me that I knew was the case but I didn't know just how bad it was. Because of my bad left knee (had anterior cruciate reconstruction surgery on it about 18 years ago and it bugs me know and then though quite a bit recently) I knew that I favored my right leg. When it did the Body Test and asked me to stand up straight with even balance I really tried to stay even (as opposed to when my knee is hurting and I intentionally put most of my weight on the right side) and it revealed that I still have my balance far to the right side - it was 60/40 which is pretty bad considering I was trying very hard.

I did pretty well on the games though. My kids got a little frustrated with it though and they don't particularly seem to like it. Funny thing is both my 5 year old son and 11 year old daughter got Wii Fit ages of 30. They did pretty badly on the tests so I'm guessing that is simply the max for young children. It also called my 5 year-old obese! While he's on the big side he's also definitely not obese. My other son hasn't done it yet, but I bet he comes up underweight. Those 2 are quite a pair ;). Anyway, of course the BMI is not as applicable to small children.

Put in another 45-minutes this evening. I tried Yoga for the first time. I've always made fun of Yoga and Pilates people, but I have to say I can already see the appeal. Some of these streches and excersizes work so many muscles at once it's crazy. I got my Wii Fit age to within a year of my actual age.

I put in 30 minutes today. Super Hula hoop is fun...i did almost 400 spins swaying to the right but geez, doing the left was half of that.

I guess I'm unbalanced as I can't even pass 30 points in soccer and not passing stage 2 in the marble madness type of balance game.

I'm still going to mix Wii Fit along with the gym as well as a diet. Hopefully I get into the ideal weight by the end of the year. (Currently 210 lbs...goal 170 lbs)

bread's done
Back