Wii Fit Preorders on at EB Games

vibinvo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was at EB games on Sunday. They are taking pre-order for the Wii Fit however they still CANNOT confirm a launch date in Canada.
$5 is suppose to guarantee you a wii fit.

If this is anything like GH3 or the Wii itself - expect it to be sold out quickly and hard to find for many months.

it is a good idea to preorder this if you want it for the first day, if past first-party Wii titles have been any indication on the first day.

me, i'm going to save my 5 dollars and go for a walk.

At least bring a pedometer with you so you can have fun with walking. Make a game out of it. See how many steps you can get in an hour and then after, try to break it!

Enough with broken references, if all else fails, I'm sure if you wake up early enough, Zellers and the like will have many in stock, cause as we all know, EBgames and other specialty stores are pretty low on the priority list when it comes to big publishers.

[quote name='vibinvo']Was at EB games on Sunday. They are taking pre-order for the Wii Fit however they still CANNOT confirm a launch date in Canada.
$5 is suppose to guarantee you a wii fit.
[/quote]

According to EB's April flyer, Wii Fit is out May 18th. Of course, it can be delayed though. Price is not confirmed too.

EB is up to their old scare tactics again?

When Brawl was released, I calmly went into Futureshop that afternoon, picked up a copy and got a free hat, all without preordering. A little later I went into EB (which is in the same plaza as FS) and there were several people there asking about Brawl. The guy at the store was extremely rude saying "Do you have a preorder? No? Then I don't have a copy for you." You know damn well he was just told to say that to teach people a lesson.

Anyway, I spoke up and told everyone to walk over to Futureshop, where they had plenty of copies and be sure to ask for a free hat.

I am within walking distance of Zellers, EB, Best Buy, Futureshop, Superstore, and TRU. I bet on launch day, every one of those stores will have Wii Fit in stock except EB.

[quote name='Zing']EB is up to their old scare tactics again?

When Brawl was released, I calmly went into Futureshop that afternoon, picked up a copy and got a free hat, all without preordering. A little later I went into EB (which is in the same plaza as FS) and there were several people there asking about Brawl. The guy at the store was extremely rude saying "Do you have a preorder? No? Then I don't have a copy for you." You know damn well he was just told to say that to teach people a lesson.

Anyway, I spoke up and told everyone to walk over to Futureshop, where they had plenty of copies and be sure to ask for a free hat.

I am within walking distance of Zellers, EB, Best Buy, Futureshop, Superstore, and TRU. I bet on launch day, every one of those stores will have Wii Fit in stock except EB.[/quote]

I love EB's preorder system...seriously, this thing WILL be hard to find....my local EB sold out of SSBB by the aternoon, this will NOT be avaliable in MASS Quantities... I'm lucky to get 2 guitar hero 3 wii and 1 guitar hero 360 on launch...this is not a scare tactic.

[quote name='gamer602']this will NOT be avaliable in MASS Quantities...[/QUOTE]
Just like EB was saying about Halo 2?

Wii Fit is part of the trade 3 promo. Traded the following:
PS2-Naruto ultimate Ninja 2
xbox-Halo 2:LE
xbox360-Viruta Tennis 3

[quote name='shifty_37']Wii Fit is part of the trade 3 promo. Traded the following:
xbox360-Viruta Tennis 3[/quote]

Really????!!!!

So you got 90 off for trading in 3 games?!?!? or did you pay to make up the difference?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[quote name='Zing']Just like EB was saying about Halo 2?[/quote]

And Halo 3 and probably GTA IV and Metal Gear 4 and so on, this is a little different as it's a specialty bundle and most EB's will likely get about a dozen copies each at first shipment. It all depends on how quickly the units ship each day to prevent the same problems they had with GH3 and Rock Band.

Don't get me wrong, you can still probably find it easily at most major stores, EB is a pile of junk but if there's nowhere else you can go, you better pre-order it unless you want to wait at least a week or two.

[quote name='shifty_37']Wii Fit is part of the trade 3 promo. Traded the following:
xbox360-Viruta Tennis 3[/QUOTE]

How did you do that? I just called eb games and they said that game isn't part of the promo :bomb:

The guy just punched it in and said it's part of the trade 3 deal, games went for $20, $20, $30 on the receipt. The guy working there said it should be fine when I pick it up next month and that I shouldn't have to pay anything else since it's part of the promotion.

So i'll find out when I pick it up.

bread's done
Back