Wii Fit

shorj998

CAGiversary!
Is there anywhere to find this thing at a reasonable price? My girlfriend's birthday is next week, and this is pretty much the only thing I know of that she wants. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Define reasonable. I view the MSRP as obscenely overpriced. You are not going to find it below retail, barring a coupon or something like that. And if you are referring to the MSRP as reasonable, well, you're on your own.

I thought that $89.99 was MSRP, and I'm totally fine with that. I could even spend a little more. I'm just not willing to spend $150 or more.

Well Wii Fits are just as hard to find as the Wii itself. Your best bet is to pay attention to alerts here:

http://wiialerts.com/get_categories.php?cid=2&cname=Wii Fit

and possibly sign up to get text alerts, so that you can buy one immediately. Bundles are more likely to stay in stock for longer than just the balance board itself. Most of the bundles will range in the $120-$150 range and often include some carrying case, battery pack, and a silicone cover.

Another thing to do is to pay attention to store circulars. It is likely that if a store puts it in it's circular for the week, then it will be there on sunday. Just wake up early and get there at store opening and you might be able to get one. These circulars will often be posted somewhere in these forums, but you can find them here as well http://forum.dvdtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1 .

The last thing and probably the least reliable, imo, is to sign up for this site: http://www.itrackr.com/ and track the Wii fits. Though it can be slow and unreliable, it might net you one still. It shows you the majority of the major retailers in your area and if they have the Wii fit in stock. Though like I said, don't always trust it.

Here's how I snagged one before Christmas. I went to the Amazon page on the Wii Fit ( http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Fit-Nintendo/dp/B000VJRU44 ) and signed up to get a text message when they were in stock. The next day I got an SMS that they'd be in stock within an hour and since I have an account with them and a default credit card, I could simply reply to the text message and they'd send me one. 2 days later, it was at my house.

I tell ya, I felt like a Jetson.

Oh, and my wife loves the Wii Fit. She's playing it right now in fact.

Found one at Target! Apparantly it was the last one they had in stock and no one else has any. Thanks goodness I got it for $90 and didn't have to get extorted online. lol Thanks for the help though guys.

Trade in 2 Wii games towards it at Gamestop and get $30 off the price. There's a thread about it in the video game deals section.

She doesn't want it...trust me. It looks like a ton of fun, but, I got it on launch day, and haven't touched it for months. I only used it off and on for about two weeks and lost interest very quickly.

check the ad's for Sunday to see where what stores will have it in stock on Sunday morning. This past weekend, best buy had it advertised. I got there about 10 minutes before they opened, and there was already a big line outside. When they opened, I just went to the game section, and a guy was handing out wii fit tickets. It was easy, I guess since I got there early. I really like it so far. It's not like actually going to a gym, but it is better than sitting on the couch. If you do the workouts seriously, I think it will make a difference.

It's not for a serious workout at all, it's just for fun. It can help with correcting yoga postures but that's really about it.

As for discount, I did the 10% thing that lukewin suggested, along with a $15 off $100 purchase, so I basically got the starter kit for free with it.

[quote name='tholly']She doesn't want it...trust me. It looks like a ton of fun, but, I got it on launch day, and haven't touched it for months. I only used it off and on for about two weeks and lost interest very quickly.[/quote]

amen to that, I bought it for my gf and shes used it twice since sep

bread's done
Back