Wii game for 10 year old - $20-$30

chris401

CAG Veteran
I'm a little out of my element here, so I was hoping y'all could help me out. My much younger sister is 10 years old and will be getting a Wii from her parents this year for Christmas. I would like to get her a game as present. I'm looking for a good deal on any game appropriate for said type of gamer; really, I don't think she is a very descriminating gamer so I think anything works (Petz 2, Shrek 3, etc.) In fact, I gave her a Barbie Spy game one year and she loved it, so I know she isn't too picky.

Still, your advice would be helpful. Any great picks out there? I would like to stay at $30 or under (shipped, taxes) if possible.

Thanks in advance.

while its $50 mario galaxy really is a fantastic game that isn't getting the attention it deservers. But if you want to go on the cheap end their is Sims 2 pets for $20 or 30, and I think rayman 1 is about $30 now. Rayman is also a pretty good one.

I'm not sure if you have a Hastings around you, but I was in my local one last night and they have a few 2-Pack Wii games for $20. They're not the top tier titles, but they look like they could be enjoyed by the younger fans. I'll check back tonight and make a list of what games are in specific 2-packs. Here is one I can remember:

Billy the Wizard Racing & Ninja Jajamaru-kun

Edit//

The other 2-Pack's are as follows:

- Ultimate Board Game Collection & Rock and Roll Adventures
- Counter Force & Legend of the Dragon (More for the boys than girls)

Very helpful suggestions---thank you both. As to SMG, I'm sure her parents will get that one for her if she asks, so I wanted to get her another game that (does it make me cheap) was a little less expensive.

Unless of course some knows about a great deal on SMG -- I want one for myself!

Thanks again.

[quote name='chris401']Very helpful suggestions---thank you both. As to SMG, I'm sure her parents will get that one for her if she asks, so I wanted to get her another game that (does it make me cheap) was a little less expensive.

Unless of course some knows about a great deal on SMG -- I want one for myself!

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

I think this Friday/Sat Shrek the Third for Wii is $15 at Toys R Us. You may need to get there early on Friday as last time it went on sale for $15, they were all gone by the time I got there (of course, I also have an eBay hoarder in the area).

Edit: Link to the TRU Doorbuster deal for this week thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163536

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Get the Zapper/Link's Crossbow Training for $20.[/QUOTE]

Oh good idea! Is there much play time in that game? I will check the reviews.

[quote name='bradr']I think this Friday/Sat Shrek the Third for Wii is $15 at Toys R Us. You may need to get there early on Friday as last time it went on sale for $15, they were all gone by the time I got there (of course, I also have an eBay hoarder in the area).

Edit: Link to the TRU Doorbuster deal for this week thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163536[/QUOTE]

Thanks! She would love it if I can get that game. I asked her what her favorite movie was (shrek the third) her favorite GBA game (shrek the third) and what she wanted to be when she grows up (shrek the third). Okay, I'm kidding about the last one, but she likes the franchise and I doubt the wii game is the same as the GBA game (well, you never know with franchise ports these days . . . ).

[quote name='chris401']Thanks! She would love it if I can get that game. I asked her what her favorite movie was (shrek the third) her favorite GBA game (shrek the third) and what she wanted to be when she grows up (shrek the third). Okay, I'm kidding about the last one, but she likes the franchise and I doubt the wii game is the same as the GBA game (well, you never know with franchise ports these days . . . ).[/quote]

IF possible, buy it today and go back tomorrow for a price adjustment. It's rather difficult to find the door busters at TRU on ad day.
Good Luck!
Did you catch the Shrek holiday show last night on TV? It was hilarious!

[quote name='donut']
Did you catch the Shrek holiday show last night on TV? It was hilarious![/quote]

In my opinion the shrek christmas special was fairly boring and really cliched. They are trying to make it more more family oriented but in doing so they are alianating the older crowds.

Try the Buy One Get One 50% off on Activision/THQ titles at Toys R Us this week, and use it to get a game based on a license she likes from one of those publishers (Avatar, Cars, Shrek, Ratatouille, etc).

[quote name='neocarbunkle']while its $50 mario galaxy really is a fantastic game that isn't getting the attention it deservers.[/QUOTE]
What you say?!?

Seriously, what are you talking about?

I second the Rayman game. Also, Chicken Little: Ace In Action and Ice Age 2 got good scores (7.6 and 7.5 respectively on IGN) and that is fairly cheap. While some people have been suggesting junk like Ninjabread Man 2 and Rock and Roll Adventures, those games are not even playable and she may just give up.

I will take a look at the chicken little and the rayman games. As an update, I went in to TRU on Friday and picked up Shrek the Third plus The Bee Movie--both were 50%, plus w/ the Activision special Shrek ended up at as B1G1 50% off again. So total for both was 32.50 (Shrek: 15-50% = 7.50; Bee movie: 25). I think I posed this deal in the other forum, but I just wanted to come back and say thanks for the assist in this deal. Might have her parents assist in the cost of the Bee Movie, or take it back, but that price on Shrek is great.

As for Resident Evil 4, I would love to pick that up for myself. I'm just waiting to see it hit $19.99, rather than $30. I never had a Cube (or any of the previous generation) so I feel left out.

Happy holidays!

bread's done
Back