Wii Game for 6 Year Old Girl

Harbro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got the Wii today after reading the tipsters on this site (Target had 75 - I was 68th in line :cold: ). Shopping for my 11 year old son is a breeze but I'm clueless as to what game my 6 year old girl might like. I'll purchase Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 for the boy but any advice for my girl?

Mario Party 8 might be a good choice that they both would enjoy. (I'm sure she would like Mario Galaxy also, but the game requires both the remote and nunchuk to be used simultaneously, whereas Mario Party 8 only requires the remote so it might be easier for a 6 year old with less gaming experience to operate by herself.) If you want one "just for her" I am sure that she would probably enjoy some of the movie licensed games that most of us CAGers avoid, and you can find many of them for $20 or less. There are other CAGs with younger children who may be able to make specific game recommendations within that group, but just be aware that they are more likely to recommend games that they "help" with rather than games a 6 year old can do on her own.

I recently helped a Grandpa at Wal-Mart find a game on wii for his daughter. He ended up buying Bratz, High School Musical, Hannah Montana, and Mario Party.

Thanks. I'll go get Manhunt and RE4. She'll love em.

Thanks for the tips though seriously. I was really worried about the two controller thing with her. Pretty decent advice for a Sooner fan. Cooking Mama is a good one too. Never played it but sounds like something up her alley.

Thanks CAGs!

*insert comment about the Wii being for little girls here*

Hmm, although I never even played the original, maybe she would like the new Nights game that comes out this week, as that has had some hype, and seems kiddish enough.

MYSIMS. she can build little houses and decorate them. for a kid, its heaven. or buy Animal Crossing. its like 10 bucks EVERYWHERE, even new, and its got lots to do, just no wiimote functionality.

[quote name='Harbro']Thanks. I'll go get Manhunt and RE4. She'll love em.

Thanks for the tips though seriously. I was really worried about the two controller thing with her. Pretty decent advice for a Sooner fan. Cooking Mama is a good one too. Never played it but sounds like something up her alley.

Thanks CAGs![/QUOTE]

sure .... no problem in suggesting violent video games for your kids :) ...just don't blame US when they start taking out there anger on other kids and start beating them down, just like in the Wii game. :p

[quote name='Harbro']Got the Wii today after reading the tipsters on this site (Target had 75 - I was 68th in line :cold: ). Shopping for my 11 year old son is a breeze but I'm clueless as to what game my 6 year old girl might like. I'll purchase Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 for the boy but any advice for my girl?[/quote]

Wait... where's the part where someone trades a "Wii game for a 6 year old girl" :roll: ?

Okay for everyone who suggests Cooking Mama.

Stop!

The game is broken.

Get your girl Pokemon Snap from the VC. Then a copy of Mario Galaxy / Zack & Wiki that you can play alongside her.

Alright. Don't get Cooking Mama (since Ive never played). Get MySims (it'd be like barbie's construction building except not). There's AC for the Wii? When did this happen. *Goes to check*.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Alright. Don't get Cooking Mama (since Ive never played). Get MySims (actually probably better for her too). There's AC for the Wii? When did this happen. *Goes to check*.[/quote]

There isn't any AC.

Big Brain Academy Wii Degree works for anyone. It's fun, too.
WarioWare: Smooth Moves is very simple and fun

cooking Mama isn't that bad, IMO.
However, don't pay full price for it!

Girls like umm...Warioware.

Very simple gameplay with cute animations, and a game that won't be annoying for you to play with her.

Or hell go the cheap route and get her Kirby for the NES on virtual console, it's totally cute and totally easy.

If she's a gamer then don't worry about the controls being too hard. If she's new to gaming then she may struggle for a bit but if she really wants to play she'll learn.

I got my son a gamecube when he was 4 1/2. He beat Super Mario Sunshine when he was 5.

He's now 6 and he just beat Mario Galaxy today (we only give him an hour to play a night, if that). I'm most impressed by how well he does in Galaxy. I only helped him once or twice (mostly on things he missed by skipping the text rather than taking the time to actually read it).

Other games my son enjoyed, and beat himself.
- Warioware
- Spongebob (the crusty crab one)
- Nicktoons attack of the toybots (i do not recommend this game, it's a dreadful platformer and the levels are annoying and all very similar. Plus there's a lot of backtracking. At $20 it's a buy, but at $50 it's a rent)
- Wii Sports (his bowling average is higher than mine, sadly)
- Wii Play (it's pretty decent for the kids)
- Mercury Meltdown (can get a bit tough, but it's a good game to take turns as a family)

Old classics on the gamecube include:
- Super Monkey Ball I & II
- Billy Hatcher

I have a five year old girl and she absolutely loves to play Wario Smooth Moves and Cooking Mama. Zack & Wiki is great too, because you can guide her with the 2nd player pointer on what to do. She also likes paper mario, but only when the character is princess peach.

Try thrillville: Off the Rails. You don't have to do any of the park management stuff. You can walk around and ride rides and play minigames which are remakes of old school games. Theres a 1941 airplane shooter, a bi-plane dogfight game, racing games, a tank game, a few cute platformers, and some puzzle games. It's really simple, and lots of fun, IMO. My son likes it immensely - he's 7.

My 6 year old son likes Thrillville, Zack and wiki, warioware, rayman, Super mario Galaxy,excite truck. He also likes guitar hero 3 and rockband for the PS3.

Zack & Wiki : The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

Reasons are as follows:

I've discovered the Gobliiins games around that age, maybe a year or two older, and things that baffled the grown-ups made perfect sense to me, within that cartoon world of "ODDNESS."

Zack & Wiki will be a great present, because not only is it cartoony, pretty, cute, and fun, but because it has the very same hypnotic effect on adults as it does on kids. It's got much of what many other games lack these days, and that is, the complete and unapologetic attitude, best summarized by the Sex Pistols claim to NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS.

Really, get it.

bread's done
Back