Wii games have arrived at stores (pics)

http://static.flickr.com/117/298479858_7aaaefcbb8.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/117/298479861_109c5a9c63.jpg?v=0

Got me red steel at gamestop from my preorder. They wouldnt give me my zelda even though I asked if it was street dated. They had the entire crew there handling things. Stopped by BB with no luck. Guy wouldnt sell zelda either. Did snap pics of the fun stuff.

http://static.flickr.com/104/298479862_3e4d312fb6.jpg?v=0

Thats at around 8pm CST on weds.
Forecast
Weds night: low 30 realfeel 18
thursday: high 42 realfeel 28
thurs night: low 24 realfeel 23

Boo for lameass black and white manuals.

The Trauma Center manual is quite nice, with mucho color and pages. Most of the other ones are black n' white, about 10 pages long.

I know this because I watched as my friend gutted copies to put on the wall.

Reality's Fringe;2373134]Boo for lameass black and white manuals. The Trauma Center manual is quite nice said:
For once, I will allow the gutting to occur, as it lets them throw a different game in the kiosk.

I managed to get Rayman.. my local GS had the following out on the shelf:

Call of Duty 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, GT Pro Series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Red Steel, Rayman, Madden, Happy Feet and DBZ

wii1.jpg

... hmmm, not sure what I should keep and return.

Could someone who bought Zelda at BestBuy put up a picture of their receipt? Guy at my BestBuy said he didn't think they were allowed to sell it, but if I could show him a receipt or picture of a scanned receipt of a BestBuy selling it, he'd give it to me.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/DocDaytona/SMBScan.jpg

Don't know what else they had at my Gamestop (I have Zelda preordered, too), but I got the call Tuesday night for this and FFIII (DS). No Midnight Opening for that store (opening 1 hour early on Sunday), nor do they know if they'll have any extra accessories, and if so, how many. I think the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is going to be completely sold out at retail stores within an hour of store open, so it's Gamestop or online or bust.

[quote name='BREVITY']Hastings had 4 different games when I went there today. But no Zelda.
I called Gamestop and they said the other stores were all breaking street date and that they would not have a single Wii item out till launch. Their loss since now I will buy all my stuff pre-launch from somewhere else. Cant find Zelda anywhere yet though.[/quote]Zelda and Excite Truck are specifically street dated, I don't think the others had a Nov. 19th streetdate.

[quote name='DocRamon']stopped by best buy on my lunch break this afternoon. out on the shelf, they had (numbers estimated)...

zelda (8)
excite truck (8)
rampage (6)
madden (6)
spongebob (2)
trauma center (2)
dragonballz (6)
tony hawk (6)
monkey ball (4)
happy feet (6)
marvel (8)

remotes (16)
nunchuks (12)
bunch of third party crap

picked up a remote, nunchuk and zelda![/QUOTE]

any third party component cables?

Damn Best Buys in my town aren't selling any games until Sunday. Grrrr. I would have liked to have had most of my games already.

Oh, well.

[quote name='Scrubsy']

I picked up my zelda pre-order tonight. The other games that arrived at my store were the official nintendo ones and THQ ones. So if you have preorders you can pick them up early and have one less thing to pick up for launch.[/quote]

I picked up Red Steel and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. The guy at the GameStop told me that they already had Zelda, but he couldn't give it to me until launch. Good thing they are doing a midnight launch. Wowowiii! :)

I pre-ordered Zelda @BB.com and received the following:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent Wii-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess pre-order on BestBuy.com.

Unfortunately a shipping issue has caused a delay in inventory reaching
our warehouse. As a result, your pre-order has switched to a backorder
state. You may have already received an email indicating your order for
Wii-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess is on backorder. Please disregard this email.
We will be receiving inventory in the next couple of days and anticipate shipping
your order on or near the new street date of 11/19/2006.

Thank you for your loyalty,
The Customer Care Team

So this holding of first party games until launch is a last minute thing?

[quote name='mofo1115']any third party component cables?[/QUOTE]

no

i went back to the same best buy today during lunch... they've now put out rayman, call of duty and GT... had a ton of rayman and GT, and only a handful of CoDs... i picked up a rayman for myself!

a few games were gone though... no more zelda, excite truck, or monkey ball... and they had about half as many remotes and nunchuks as yesterday.

I went to my Walmart Super Center with the intent of gawking at the PS3 line. Oddly enough, there wasn't one. From what I heard, the store had gotten 2 units(!) total, so they took the names of the first two people in line and sent everyone else home.

But, while I was there I was looking through the games section to see if they had anything for the Wii. They did in fact have quite a bit for the Wii. If I remember correctly they had Spongebob, Avatar, Billy & Mandy, GT Pro, Excite Truck, Zelda, Red Steel, Marvel UA, Rayman, and Super Monkey Ball. That's really all I can remember seeing there, though. They may very well have had all of the launch titles available already.

What's more, they had the classic controllers and Wii points card available. I didn't pick anything up though. I'm waiting to see reviews on games other than Zelda, and I don't think I'm really worried about getting a classic controller or a points card before launch. Still, thought you guys might want to know.

bread's done
Back