Wii Games to be $29/$44

Rampage was released on the GC and PS2 for $19.99 as a budget title. Madden, a game that release at full price on current and next gen consoles will give a better indicator as to price.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Evidence:
Could this be a little intel on the Wii Software price structuring?[/quote]

No.

Well, in this case Rampage would be more expensive. But I don't know why they would put Rampage on the Wii, since the GC version will have been out for a year at that point. I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted it has it.

But yeah, Wii games are under Dreamcast, and PS3 games are under N64. I just preordered Downhill Jam for the DC at EB yesterday. :lol:

I could see some of the simpler games like Wii Tennis or - wishful thinking - Wario Ware launching at $29.99. I'll bet all the biggest titles will still be $49.99 as always, but at least we can be sure that there's no $59.99 bullshit.

[quote name='alongx']I could see some of the simpler games like Wii Tennis or - wishful thinking - Wario Ware launching at $29.99. I'll bet all the biggest titles will still be $49.99 as always, but at least we can be sure that there's no $59.99 bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I bet Nintendo could easily make something like WarioWare for $30... it would be a brilliant plan to attract customers. Make a few titles at $30 and that'll probably move systems like crazy. But I doubt they would, even their sh*ttiest games are start at $50.

Why would Wario Ware be $30? It will be $50. The GC version was $30 because it was a port of a GBA game.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Why is this game even being made?[/QUOTE]

Because of the innovation with the controller. Wario Ware is the perfect platform to show off the multiple uses/angles of the Wii controller.

[quote name='neudog']Because of the innovation with the controller. Wario Ware is the perfect platform to show off the multiple uses/angles of the Wii controller.[/quote]

Maybe he was asking why Rampage: Total Destruction was being made for the Wii. He wasn't very clear.

I dunno if I'd believe that, but I'd be buying every single launch game I have even a passing interest in at a $30 price point.

bread's done
Back