Wii Hunting tips?

richdmoore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Hello, I just found out I have been enlisted to help find a Wii for my brother's family. My parents didn't know that they would have any trouble buying them online, they thought that because the Wii was the hot toy last year, so they should be all over the shelves this year. I informed them otherwise, and that it's going to be a "tickle me elmo" type of product.

Anyway now I have to try and find one of these things, my parents up in Alaska really don't have any national chain stores in their town (no roads out either), so I'm going to have to do the legwork. What sites do I need to monitor to try to try and find out when wii shipments hit the stores, or online, other than the deal forum on CAG? (Is full price a deal?)

Thanks for any general info you can offer, this will be my first (and hopefully only) year trying to find the "in" product during xmas time.

my friend has 2 of them for sale...but he is looking for a premium on them. he wants 350 for one....that avenue is still there. Ebay...CAGS on here are looking to sell theirs...or you could try to call EB everyday and see if they have them in stock...its tough findig thouse things.

You may want to get to a GS or EB games really early on BF and get in line for one...get a ticket and your garunteed one....that would be my best bet.

amazon,GS,Toysrus...would be sites i would monitor.

Amazon will have some at 3am EST Friday morning when their BF sale begins. For now I'd check the BF ads, see who has them advertised. Beyond that, stores should be getting regular shipments for the holiday season so start calling around.

Stay downwind - they can hear the slightest aural vibrations.

Be sure to use musk as well to cover your own hideous scent. I recommend pissing all over yourself - this will draw the Wiinus Nintendicus out of its natural hiding places, as if to gain its trust.

It will be a difficult hunt. Bring many men. And women.

Use the women as bait.

Not paying a premium over ebay, that's for sure, also want to be able to have him return/exchange it if it is broken. Black Friday is out, I'm at work out of town until Saturday night. (I work week on/week off, when I am gone I never know what city I will spend the night.)

I will just keep searching around, and watching the boards here. I know at one point they had xbox, playstation, and nintendo web sites that would state the number and location of shipmets, I haven't heard about them in months however. I didn't know if anything like that actually worked or not.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Strell']Stay downwind - they can hear the slightest aural vibrations.

Be sure to use musk as well to cover your own hideous scent. I recommend pissing all over yourself - this will draw the Wiinus Nintendicus out of its natural hiding places, as if to gain its trust.

It will be a difficult hunt. Bring many men. And women.

Use the women as bait.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I have some red fox piss I can use to mask my scent left over from deer hunting. Do you recommend a rifle, or go with a shotgun?

NES Zapper.

Two if you got 'em.

Also an empty Pringles can filled with snakes. Snakes that are big. But not so big as to not fit in an empty Pringles can.

Get your fedora and bullwhip ready. And Jonathan Ke Quan, ideally. And get ready to make a bunch of red lines.

"Trust me."

If for some odd reason you suck hard enough to not get one from Amazon just drive around from one place to the next on Friday and you should be able to get one.

I think stores are holding them for black friday, and have been for the past month or two.

alot of gamestops will be getting them in tommorow. mine for instance in pa very small store has 18, so if u are desperate just get there early like 4 am and u should be good.

Thanks for the info, the earliest I would be able to hit a gamestop (or any other store) would be Sunday, (working out of town) so looks like it will be a bust if they are putting all of them out Friday.

I will keep looking, I'm not desperate, at worse can give a gift certificate with a picture of a wii so they know what to spend it on. (I'm actually going to try and buy the accessories, the parents want to buy the main unit, but like I said they are up in Alaska so they are extremly limited to stores that even carry a Wii.) I'm going to have to do the legwork for them if they have a shot of getting one.

Thanks for the suggestions about where to look this friday, I'm sure it will help other CAGs.

Get your one click shipping/billing preferences set up to send to your parents house for tonight's Amazon release of Wiis and you should be set. Good luck! Edit: as to wanting a b&m for returns... the QC on the Wii is extremely high, as is Amazon's shipping/return policy so you will have 0 problems in that department. Getting a B&M to actually issue you a return is a pain.

Alright guys, I'm off the hook.

I just got a call from my parents, they just purchased 2 wii's at Walmart (they said Kmart, but it closed down and became a Walmart recently), one for my brother and one for themselves.

They said that there was one more left at the store, I would doubt it would do anyone here any good, but if you happen to be in Juneau, Alaska head over there now.

Now my mission is to purchase some accessories for a wii for xmas. I don't know much about them, I guess I'll have to do some research.

Thanks everyone for the help, good luck anyone who is still looking for one.

Check out the FAQ - should give you some good information.

As far as accessories, I wouldn't really say any are overwhelmingly required. A second controller set would be good. Wii Points are always useful. A classic controller is good if you're planning on getting VC games. SD card is....partially useful.

After those, there's nothing else I'd say you really need. Stuff like the Wifi adapter and wireless sensor bar are pretty extraneous unless absolutely required.

Good to hear. Enjoy the system and start letting everyone know your friend codes and the like.

Actually, I don't have a Wii, I decided to get a 360 last month with the free Bioshock offer, the wii is for my brother and his family. I have never actually seen a wii in a store, much less played one, just pictures on the internet and tv commercials. I was thinking of the 2nd controller with the pack in wii game, I think it's a sport game or something. I may also get him resident evil 4, but I don't know if he will have the time to play it, with young kids in the house he would have to wait until they were asleep.

The one with the controller is Wii Play, which is a collection of 9 small mini games. It's worth it for the fact that you get another Wiimote, but the games themselves are kind of shallow. Though, it can be sold on eBay if someone decided they didn't need it.

The "you" was general up there, as I'd say the same thing to anyone.

Hope your brother and his family enjoys it.

bread's done
Back