Wii In Stock at Amazon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hcamacho']For what is worth, I ve been noticing Wii in stock at locals Toys R Us, and Gamestop, so look there first, then go to amazon.![/quote]
I see them just about every time I go to TRU (a few times per week). I see lots at Target as well.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Wiis are rare still? I saw like ~19 when I was at walmart a few days ago[/QUOTE]

I was at MicroCenter in Madison Heights, MI on Saturday - they had lots in stock.
The "Private Shopping" event at the Best Buy in Novi on Sunday didn't sell out of their allotment of 30 either.
The Costco around there had at least a pallet of Wiis on the floor earlier in the week.

If you need one, there should be plenty to go 'round. Although I'm sure there's still plenty of fleaBay scalpers trying to make a quick buck still, I think supply has finally surpassed demand.

I think Nintendo finally started upping shipments to the US because the economy is in the shitter and they realized they can't ride the wave of hype anymore so they want one last score. Too bad they didn't have this massive surge 6 months ago.

I saw them almost everywhere now. I saw them at

Best Buy
Walmart
Gamestop?!

Though it's nice to finally see it being available. My Gamecrazy had like three used ones for 200 dollars.

I still don't understand why Nintendo is having such a hard time keeping them in stock. They seem like the least complicated console to make.

[quote name='Magehart']I think Nintendo finally started upping shipments to the US because the economy is in the shitter and they realized they can't ride the wave of hype anymore so they want one last score. Too bad they didn't have this massive surge 6 months ago.[/quote]

Actually, there's less incentive for them to route more Wiis to the U.S. because that $250 isn't worth nearly as much as it was 2 years ago. It's entirely possible that they make money on the Wii in Europe and Asia, but lose money on it here, but they can't exactly raise the price.

Wow still in stock.

I was interested in one, but my interest has passed. So thanks Nintendo, you saved me $250 because I couldn't get my hands on one.

[quote name='RoGo7']Wow still in stock.[/quote]
Amazon changed their policies and procedure for the Wii to prevent resellers from buying them all a few days ago. Since then its been in-stock for hours at a time.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I still don't understand why Nintendo is having such a hard time keeping them in stock. They seem like the least complicated console to make.[/quote]

Im surprised you didnt know this but its intentional. They were too cheap to ramp up production in a significant way. Also doubled as a pretty good marketing ploy.

[quote name='Vegan']Actually, there's less incentive for them to route more Wiis to the U.S. because that $250 isn't worth nearly as much as it was 2 years ago. It's entirely possible that they make money on the Wii in Europe and Asia, but lose money on it here, but they can't exactly raise the price.[/quote]

First, the US dollar value is actually very strong currently due to recession fears, and second, nintendo is already making a HUGE profit on each wii so really doubt they'd even consider shrugging off their largest market even in a minor way.

Even though I see them everywhere I go, I think as we get closer to Christmas, it will be progressively harder to find them.

[quote name='Vegan']Actually, there's less incentive for them to route more Wiis to the U.S. because that $250 isn't worth nearly as much as it was 2 years ago. It's entirely possible that they make money on the Wii in Europe and Asia, but lose money on it here, but they can't exactly raise the price.[/quote]

The euro has lost major ground to the dollar in the last 4 months buddy. At the beginning it was stock issues but I'd bet dollars to euros that they were withholding stock for the hype to keep about the Wii. Now that theres no hype because of economic woes they decided to open the floodgate since it can only get worse from here (immerse the population to get the last minute stragglers). Needless to say after Christmas Wii's will be plentiful.

Why is this thread still open?

images

Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back