Wii Launch Titles - What are you going to get?

[quote name='botticus']Well, Nintendo.com has a list of all currently announced games available in the fiscal year (ending 3/31/07). 51 of them.

http://wii.nintendo.com/games_list.html[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Mario Galaxy was coming out so soon. I'm also glad that Metroid really hasn't been pushed back all the far after all. And I can't wait for details on this new Prince of Persia game that is apparenlty coming out in the next 6 months (I kinda doubt it will though).

As far as launch goes, the only game that looks all that appealing is Zelda, but I'd like to wait for the GC version to ocme out so I could compare reviews. Elebits and Rayman 4 look pretty interesting too. I'll probably pick the Wii up at launch, but I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks now that Metroid has been delayed.

More thoughts:

At first I was dissapointed by the fact that the Wii is $50 higher than most anticipated, as Wii sports didn't look all that interesting. But on second thought, Wii bowling looks great! Even if the other 5 game suck, I'd say Wii bowling looks to be worth $20 on its own, and since only one person can play at a time, it's a game that can easily be enjoyed right out of the box opening day.

On the downside, I have to say that I don't think Trauma Center looks all that great. I liked Trauma Center quite a bit on the DS, but I feel that that's where it should stay, as controlling something in midair seems infinitely less precise than using a stylus against a screen. All the clips I've seen of it in Wii form make the pointer look a bit shaky, and with no surface to write on, I could see why.

Going back to the postive side of things, Excite Truck and WarioWare look pretty great too, so I may end up picking up one of those. In the end, I'd say that after getting past the slightly increased price and Metroid being pushed back, the actual games line-up seems more impressive now than ever, so I'm right back to being super excited about the Wii.

I am real bummed at the $250 price. I wish they bundled Zelda instead since everyone will be getting this game. Since controllers are $60, I guess I'll only be getting Zelda, but I want Exctie Truck, Red Steel and Madden

Probably just the only one you forgot to list, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, although these ones interest me as well:

Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Red Steel

I'll buy the bundle, an extra controller, 2 nunchucks, and Zelda. That's it. I guess that will ring up at 250+40+2*20+60 = $390. Damn.

Most likely Elebits if it turns out to be a good 2P or more game. I need a party game outside of Wii Sports. So while I won't buy Elebits at launch, I may buy it shortly thereafter.

I'm not going to let my wife see Rayman, because Rayman, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 for the DC were the only games I've ever known her to love, and she'll want Rayman for the Wii if she sees it. Now that I'm over my budget, what with the unexpected cost of controllers and the little bit of extra dough for the bundle (I planned on $225), I can only get 2 games instead of 3. And I'd rather have a multi-player game instead of some goofy French Canadian grab ass game.

I'm not a complete asshole: I'll get her Rayman later. Maybe around x-mas.

It's all about the Zelda!

Trauma Center as well, depending on reviews. But maybe I'll just stick with Zelda and save money for Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and Metroid Prime 3.

Trauma Center is the only thing that is convincing for me to get for Wii. I can't say Zelda since I never really played any of them. I might pick up some sort of party game as well since I'll be living in a house with 5 other guys and probably with a lot of people coming in and out.

At this point I'm thinking Excite Truck and Rayman (based on the recent trailer) -in addtion to Wii Sports obviously

Zelda and Super Monkey Ball will go on my Christmas list

[quote name='dothog']I'll buy the bundle, an extra controller, 2 nunchucks, and Zelda. That's it. I guess that will ring up at 250+40+2*20+60 = $390. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Don't you only need one extra nunchuck? One is packed-in, yes? And isn't Zelda $50, rather than $60? So $250 + $40 + $20 + $50 = $360.

For me, it'll be Zelda and either Trauma Center, Red Steel, Rayman, or Metal Slug.

Mr Durand Pierre has some good points about Trauma Center, so it's more "Probably..." than "Must Have" for me. Red Steel seems like it could go either way as a game at this point. Ancel is a top-notch designer, and the thought of the Wii version getting the top-priorityin development makes me happy. Plus I like to have some kind of platformer at launch, and with no Mario yet... Lastly, I know Metal Slug isn't on the list ... but c'mon: it's a freaking collection of old games. What could SNK possibly do to it that would make it miss launch?

Assuming I'm able to find a new (and higher paying) job before launch, I plan to get:

Zelda
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

I'm nervous about Trauma Center for the reasons stated in this thread, but I'm still interested cause I love the DS version (despite being stuck on 3rd Sin right now...fucking Triti!). We'll see once the reviews roll in, but the other 2 are definites, assuming I can even afford the Wii by launch :)

Zelda (duh), Maybe Monkey Ball down the line a bit, and then I'm playing VC games until Metroid or Mario is released.

I didnt read every post but I may be the only one who is really wanting Tony Hawk
So definitely that... Then:
Excite Truck
Red Steel, or Far Cry
and most likely Trauma Center

Not much love for Rayman around here. After the most recent trailer, I'm sold.

Zelda & Rayman for me. Trauma Center was on the list, but with a $250 system, TC gets cut(pun intended). I'll wait for a price drop or a true sequel.

Oh ya forgot about Rayman, that looks awesome. I guess you can include Zelda #1, followed by Rayman, followed by trauma center...although quite distantly. I only plan on getting a Wii once Mario/Metroid/Brawl comes out.

Since the Wii comes bundled with Wii Sports, I think Zelda is prolly all I will want, but once the reviews start coming in I may pick up a few more. This will be the first console I've purchased at launch ever.

Well, I'll be getting Wii Sports one way or another, I suppose. I would get Zelda, but I want to play that game on Cube, dammit. Delaying the Cube version is really like kicking dirt in that Cube's face. The thing is dying (or rather, has been dead for a while), and to do that with what will doubtless be it's last truly great game is fucking shameful. Oh, and moving Super Paper Mario from Cube to Wii was lame, too. I hate to see that done to the poor thing.

Anyways, at launch, I definitely want Trauma Center and Rayman.

After that, I think I'll be picking one or two of the following:
Red Steel
Excite Truck
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Elebits
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Far Cry: Vengeance

[quote name='pop311']Is rayman really exclusive to Wii? I hope so.[/QUOTE]
It is not, and has never been (PS2 and 360 links were up on EBGames since it was first announced)

Just Madden along with the included Wii Sports. I'll wait for the GC version of Zelda. I would've thought Wii Play would be out at launch as another title to show off the Wii's capabilities. Rayman would be an outside shot.

Definitely want these:

Zelda
Trauma Center
Wii Play (if it's even out)
Excite Truck
Super Monkey Ball

I'll wait for reviews for Rayman and Elebits, though they both look good. I won't really have the money to buy but maybe one or two around launch, so I'll probably wait for reviews for trauma center too just to make sure it's not impossible to use. Zelda will be my first pick that I'll definitely buy, if I have the money for two games I'll probably also pick up Super Monkey Ball. Others will have to wait for money...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'll wait for reviews for Red Steel, but I'll probably get that one too...I'm going to get nothing but games for christmas this year...

[quote name='yukine']Rayman isn't exclusive, but the developers seem to have put a lot of effort in making the Wii version really amazing.[/quote]
I believe it's a timed exclusive. I don't recall the other versions being available in November, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='botticus']I believe it's a timed exclusive. I don't recall the other versions being available in November, but I could be wrong.[/quote]
Rayman Raving Rabbids (PS2) - Nov. 14, 2006

All the rest just say Q4 2006, so that's just up in the air. The new trailer is hilarious, especially the ending.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Does anyone know when WarioWare: SM comes out? Will it be a launch title? If so, I'd deffinitely get it right away.[/quote]

This says it'll be out early next year.

I think I'll be getting 2 games. Right now the ones I'm mainly looking at are Zelda, Excite Truck, and Red Steel. I still haven't decided yet though.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Red Steel
Rayman: Raving Rabbids!

and of course...Wii Sports, seeing as how it is bundled with the console.

Well, I first have to decide if I'm getting the Wii now or waiting until Metroid Prime 3: Corruption as tthat is the game I am looking forward to most. But seeing than I am at college and my GC is at home with my little brother, which means I won't be able to play Zelda, I think I might just have to get one. So...

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Red Steel
Madden 07 (Maybe, this might be a wait for review/more money game)

I would like to personally like to get Excite Truck, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Elebits, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

In realization I have alot of money to spend that weekend so we shall see, but I will have them all before the end of week one and the only one that matters in all reality is zelda, must solve my frothing demand for it!

1. LoZ: TP
2. Red Steel
3. Trauma Center: SO
4. Excite Truck
5. Elebits
6. Marvel: UA
7. CoD 3

The only real must-have for me is LoZ: TP. But the rest are strong possibilities. The higher up on the list, the more likely I am to get it on launch day.

I like this list better.....

Activision
Call of Duty 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam
World Series of Poker

Atari
Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2

Atlus

Buena Vista Games
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Disney’s Meet the Robinsons

Codemasters
Dance Factory
Sidewinder

EA
The Godfather
Madden NFL 07
Need for Speed: Carbon
SSX
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Konami
Elebits

Majesco
Bust A Move Revolution

Midway
The Ant Bully
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Happy Feet
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Rampage: Total Destruction

Sega
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

SNK
Metal Slug Anthology

THQ
Barnyard
Cars
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

Ubisoft
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Far Cry: Vengeance
GT Pro Series
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Open Season
Prince of Persia
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
RED STEEL
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Vivendi
Ice Age 2

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1158252273
From what I have heard Truma Center is not a very good game and should be considered a port.

I'm not getting any of them because Nintendo is way too full of themselves and I hope MS lowers their price to stick it to Nintendo.

Plus what happened to Nintendo's 6-7 games at launch?

I'm not sure if it's a launch title or not, but the new Pokemon Battle Revolution game sounds really amazing, it's going to be playable online, and be the first game to connect to the DS.

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since probably Pokemon Snap for the N64.

What's the projected release date of Wii Play?

I was watching a video of it on GameSpot earlier today being played on the floor of the conference earlier in the week and the guy speaking mentioned it launching with Wii.

A mistake, or someting I've just missed hearing about thus far?

I want that game ASAP. The billiards portion looks awesome.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']What's the projected release date of Wii Play?

I was watching a video of it on GameSpot earlier today being played on the floor of the conference earlier in the week and the guy speaking mentioned it launching with Wii.

A mistake, or someting I've just missed hearing about thus far?

I want that game ASAP. The billiards portion looks awesome.[/QUOTE]
In Japan (if it's the same thing I'm thinking of) it's going to be bundled with the Wiimotes, making a $40 purches of a 2nd controller much sweeter. I certainly hope they do the same here, that and that classic controller bundled with a $50 points card. Regardless, it ought to be out there at launch, and hopefully somewaht inexpensive ($30 or so, what I figured Wii Sports would've been)

Codemasters is putting Dance Factory on the Wii? How? Bundled dance pad? New gameplay? Bwuh?

In any case, I'll be getting Twilight Princess, Red Steel, and Trauma Center. If I happen to have the funds, Monkey Ball will be joining them.

I'll probably only pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess at launch. I'm going to wait for some reviews for Red Steel before I buy it, but other than that, there's not a lot that interests me (besides VC games).

1. Twilight Princess

2. Red Steel

3. Trauma Center

4. Tony Hawk

5. Wario Ware

6. Rayman

That's the tentative list.

bread's done
Back