Wii launch titles: which are you getting?

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Red Steel
- Metal Slug Anthology

Definitely in for:
Zelda TP
Wii Sports
Trauma Center

All the rest I imagine getting sometime down the line, but those games are my must haves.

I'm not getting one at launch, but if I were, I'd be interested in:

Metroid Prime 3
Madden 2007

Maybe:
Dragon Quest and the incredibly long title
Super Monkey Ball

I'll be getting Zelda (though I'm still undecided if it'll be the Wii or Gamecube version) and Trauma Center for sure.

I really want Wii Sports, but I'll wait and see on the pricing for that one.

As for MP3...it'll be good, but I probably won't have time for it in the Fall. I'll pick it up as soon as I can, though.

Launch day I think I would only pick up 2 titles at the most. Have to get Super Monkey Ball for the wife and zelda to start. I would jump on Metroid 3 early on as well.

I am really interested in some of the unique titles Wii Sports and Wii Orchestra, but I want to see pricing on some of those first. We know those are some of the titles they are pushing to show what it can do more then be the top sellers. I remember reading a interview awhile back and initial they were put together as demos to show to developers or something.

[quote name='botticus']I'd almost say swap it with Metroid Prime 3 if it were ready. Nothing beats getting a Nintendo console with a new Mario.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, especially since Mario Galaxy seems to capture that unique sense of wonder and exploration more than any Mario title in recent memory (NSMB not withstanding).

Also, I kind of wish they'd hold off on MP3 if it is, as has been suggested, the final title in the Metroid Prime franchise...even though I haven't played MP2 yet. :roll:

none of them, untill I hear impressions of the final versions of the games. Cheapy's remarks in one of his E3 cagcast, is leaning me towards holding off on wii game decisions untill closer to launch. I didn't make any decisions on 360 games untill closer to launch (besides full auto).

Legend of Zelda: TP
Metroid Prime 3
Red Steel
Trauma Center

Hopefully the Virtual Console will be available too so I can get some classic games at launch.

Does anyone else feel that Wii Sports, despite looking like fun at E3, does not appear to have enough substance to be a stand-alone title, and would do better as a little tech demo for Wii?

I'm holding my fingers crossed for Mario Galaxies to be a launch title. If it will b available on launch day, I'm getting Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: TP, and Super Mario Galaxy. I think everyone will be staring at the three exclamation signs that would materialize over my head, and make a buzzing sound due to obscene amounts of static electricity penetrating them.

I guess maybe finger crossing would better be for "no delays of the system," though.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Does anyone else feel that Wii Sports, despite looking like fun at E3, does not appear to have enough substance to be a stand-alone title, and would do better as a little tech demo for Wii?

I'm holding my fingers crossed for Mario Galaxies to be a launch title. If it will b available on launch day, I'm getting Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: TP, and Super Mario Galaxy. I think everyone will be staring at the three exclamation signs that would materialize over my head, and make a buzzing sound due to obscene amounts of static electricity penetrating them.

I guess maybe finger crossing would better be for "no delays of the system," though.[/QUOTE]
I think the whole "Wii" suite of products (Wii Sports, Wii Orchestra, etc) could be no more than $10-$20 games if sold on their own. They'd be better off packing them into the system as a fun tutorial for everyone.

[quote name='botticus']I think the whole "Wii" suite of products (Wii Sports, Wii Orchestra, etc) could be no more than $10-$20 games if sold on their own. They'd be better off packing them into the system as a fun tutorial for everyone.[/quote]

I hope you are right. Will Wii Orchestra be available at all?

[quote name='IGN']Though there are no current plans to release the title outside of E3, the colon after Wii Music is very similar to the colon after Wii Sports; a collection of games that are indeed planned for the system.[/quote]

I thought that Wii Orchestra looked awesome. Not as a game, but just as something to mess with for a while, like the drawing thing on Super Mario 64 DS. I can see it being my "monday morning ritual" like so:

Wife: "Honey, are you ok?"
Me: "I hate my job, and I don't feel so good."
Wife: "It'll be okay...."
Me: "No, it won't be okay. It will be fucking awesome, for I am about to conduct the Legend of Zelda Theme!"

Man, she better not have first dibs on it...

I just placed a (pre-)order at EBgames.com for the following Wii titles:

Excite Truck
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The
Madden NFL 07
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Wii Sports

If Orchestra ever goes onto a disc they will probably make it a different set. Orchestra was called Wii Music: Orchestra at E3 and the only other game that was in Wii Music to my knowledge was the drum demo. They might be waiting to create some more music demos before making a package.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I thought that Wii Orchestra looked awesome. Not as a game, but just as something to mess with for a while, like the drawing thing on Super Mario 64 DS. I can see it being my "monday morning ritual" like so:

Wife: "Honey, are you ok?"
Me: "I hate my job, and I don't feel so good."
Wife: "It'll be okay...."
Me: "No, it won't be okay. It will be fucking awesome, for I am about to conduct the Legend of Zelda Theme!"

Man, she better not have first dibs on it...[/QUOTE]

If I talked to my wife that way the conversation would probably end with the Wii-mote forcibly inserted halfway up my ass.

[quote name='Tybee']If I talked to my wife that way the conversation would probably end with the Wii-mote forcibly inserted halfway up my ass.[/quote]

I don't get it, what did he say that was so wrong? #-o

[quote name='botticus']I think the whole "Wii" suite of products (Wii Sports, Wii Orchestra, etc) could be no more than $10-$20 games if sold on their own. They'd be better off packing them into the system as a fun tutorial for everyone.[/quote]

Yeah I sort of have the gut reaction I don't think I pay more then $20 for a game like those, but I know someone will. I wonder how much longer they are going to hold on annoucing prices etc...

[quote name='SpazX']I don't get it, what did he say that was so wrong? #-o[/QUOTE]

Are you married? ;)

You'll learn.

Supposing all goes well and I got money to spend:

Legend of Zelda: TP
Metroid Prime 3 (If I got spare cash)
Wii Sports
Red Steel (If it turns out to be good)
Dragon Quest Swords (I have no clue what this game is about, so we'll see)
Metal Slug Anthology (Maybe)
Trauma Center (I need to finish the DS version)
Elebits (Hell yeah)

And I want Warioware. It should be a launch title. hopefully in time it'll be announced.

bread's done
Back