Wii Memory Question/Memory Card Suggestions

Got_Wii

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
So with the update on Wii that allows SDHC cards to be used, I've been pondering about whether to buy one. Since Guitar Hero 5 is going to be released in 2 days and the ability to import songs is possible im going to need a bigger storage solution for wii. I'm not sure what size card I will need but Im just curious what people have been using? Right now I have 2 of the 2GB sandisk white ones that are made for wii. The DLC on Guitar hero seems to take up 150-200 memory blocks for each track and I have quite a few and plan on getting more when they release songs that I want. I also want to have plenty of room for extra VC games and WiiWare.

Would this be a good memory card?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10927009

Thanks for any help/suggestions/recommendations.

im pretty sure u cant put rock band saves on SD card. its like SSBB. u have to put everything else on mem card to make room on wii hard drive. unless that will change w/ RB5, but i doubt it.
that is a good SDHC card, though.

You just read his post, it is getting changed.

Not just for this game, for any developer who wants to use it. Veherub posted the article but no one responded. They are also making the universal system code available instead of separate in game codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twztid13']im pretty sure u cant put rock band saves on SD card. its like SSBB. u have to put everything else on mem card to make room on wii hard drive. unless that will change w/ RB5, but i doubt it.
that is a good SDHC card, though.[/QUOTE]

I know Rockband wont work with a memory card over 2GB. I have Guitar Hero though and I store my DLC on a memory card. But with the import process I think you have to have the songs from the other games saved on a memory card cause the file would be to big to fit on the wii.

my bad. thought u were referring 2 last update. i knew i just chcked for a new update after reading ur post and i already had newest update. last one i got was SD card update. it didnt register that u put SDHC. im not all there, sorry.

I picked up a SanDisk 16GB SDHC from Wal-Mart. Thanks for the help. Now I just wish the Music Store on Guitar Hero 5 would stop giving me an error and let me browse the songs that are available.

bread's done
Back