Wii Memory SD 2 GB EB/GS

mrcheapo11

CAGiversary!
Saw this being advertised on IGN, and didn't see any threads, so here; http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802583 , it seems like a great price considering a 1 GB card is around $25 in most places. I assume this is for instore as well. So, :applause: to EB/GS for having an actually good deal.

Anyone think the price of this will be any cheaper in the next few months, as I will be getting my Wii from Wendys, and this seems like a good enough deal to actually buy now.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']as I will be getting my Wii from Wendys[/quote]
You're rather confident. Good luck ;)

[quote name='eau']You're rather confident. Good luck ;)[/quote]

I already won it :D I have gotten the confirmation email, and am guessing I will get another around the time at the end of the contest. The estimated shipping is 6-8 weeks after the end of the contest, which is July 31. Thanks for the luck though, I might need it so I don't get screwed out of a Wii.

In all honesty, I don't see what the rush is for getting the SD card. Unless you're buying every single Virtual Console game that comes out and buying every Wii game that's out, you really won't need it just yet.

I've got six Wii games, three VC titles and all the currently available channels downloaded and I still have quite the amount of space on my Wii. :s

Unless you reallllly want the card becuase it says "Wii" on it then I suggest you get a different card for cheaper, hell over 5 months ago I got a 2gig 150x for $28 shipped

[quote name='Chanash']Unless you reallllly want the card becuase it says "Wii" on it then I suggest you get a different card for cheaper, hell over 5 months ago I got a 2gig 150x for $28 shipped[/QUOTE]

I posted links to cheaper cards from a very reliable source but it seems like no one has noticed them.

[quote name='Graystone']I posted links to cheaper cards from a very reliable source but it seems like no one has noticed them.[/QUOTE]

many people cant make purchases of the internet. if this deal is good in-store, then its a very good buy. i picked one up when it was advetised a couple weeks ago. great investment. i've put a large trackist of mp3s for excite truck** and i also use the card for my digital camera which the wii makes it easy to view right away.
plus it looks a lot better than those other generic cards. it even has the WII logo on it. $20 for a 2gig sd is still a very competive deal nowadays
:bouncy:

**(almost a must for this game, the soundtrack gets old quick. but your own tunes make the game rock.

[quote name='mylifeisnothing']
plus it looks a lot better than those other generic cards. it even has the WII logo on it. $20 for a 2gig sd is [/QUOTE]

But you don't ever see it. Plus its not like SD cards are ugly to begin with. We're not talking compact flash here. PNY, Kingston, PQI, Ridata are all good companies.

I snagged one of these on the very first day of the sale. I was, to use a Sony term, 'paying for potential'. Does it really help me now? Not particularly, but I'm crossing my fingers that it will in the future.

Though, totally worth for the custom soundtrack on ExciteTruck. :D

... btw, it's backordered now.

[quote name='Graystone']But you don't ever see it. Plus its not like SD cards are ugly to begin with. We're not talking compact flash here. PNY, Kingston, PQI, Ridata are all good companies.[/quote]

agreed, i got the Wii version during the sale cuz it's a novel design but who cares what the card looks like. when you stick it into the Wii, it's completely unseen.

The brand who makes the Wii SD card is SanDisk. If you get a non-Wii SanDisk SD card, you will get the exact same product but with a different label. In other words, it's like buying a "Greatest Hits" version of an SD card instead of the original release.

I understand why some people would want the Wii logo, however.

I've never actually paid for a SD card. If you watch the sunday ads or specials from sites like amazon or buy.com you will find a SD card deal that is free after rebate.

i can only think of a couple of reasons to buy a sd card now.
1. if you have excite truck and want to listen to your own music
2. if you want to play with the photo channel

bread's done
Back