Wii mini + Mario Kart Bundle at Sam's

EvilMakiPR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I thought this was only for Canada and UK

1381635_10202406893680192_1089828260_n.jpg

EDIT:

That was on Mexico. Nintendo confimed it for US.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/04/wii-mini-confirmed-for-north-america/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

$99 and it includes Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL yeah exactly. Is this a stripped down barebones Wii that can't be hacked, and can't even put an SD card in it? Hell yes. Is it something that can't even go online or even buy Virtual Console games? Damn straight.

But the funny thing is, this thing is coming SO late that it's going to become a collectors item. I want to own one just to own. Sort of like an NES top loader, SNES Model 2, or a GBA Micro.

Damn, I can remember back when the GBA Micro was a Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart when the DS recently came out and there was a pallet FULL of them for like $40. $40! I bought one, buy unfortunately I got ripped off trying to do a trade online that included that item, and someone stole it from me.

I also remember when Wii launched, even a while after later on - I found a Gamecube silver Mario Kart bundle at Target for $50! One of the better deals I've ever landed. Brand new previous generation systems are rare to come back after a point.

OP can you confirm that you're in the US and at least what state you're in, because I'm curious about this bundle.

It's funny I found ONE on eBay with this bundle and its a NTSC model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Mini-Console-Red-LIMITED-EDITION-Mario-Kart-Bundle-NEW-/271291333041

The specs are weird as well. It has 8GB of onboard memory apparently according to eBay. WTF? That's more than the 360 if that's accurate. And the only thing you can do with that storage is SAVE GAMES.

EDIT: OP's post history shows he's Puerto Rican. Hey that's a US territory correct? Weird but ... I guess it's possible it may come to the mainland US.
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad someone else remembers that GB Micro Walmart was selling for dirty cheap...too bad I sneered at it at the time...

So hey. Guess what? 5 minutes of checking Amazon says you're wrong.

Just Dance 2014: October 8, 2013
Skylanders SWAP Force: October 13, 2013
Cabela's African Adventures: October 15, 2013
Wipeout Create & Crash: October 15, 2013
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: October 22, 2013
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge: October 22, 2013
Just Dance Kids 2014: October 22, 2013
Just Dance: October 29, 2013
Monster High: 13 Wishes: October 29, 2013
Angry Birds Star Wars: October 29, 2013
Ben 10 Omniverse 2: November 5, 2013
Zumba Fitness World Party: November 5, 2013
Zumba Kids: November 19, 2013
Young Justice: Legacy: November 19, 2013
Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse: November 19, 2013
The Croods: Prehistoric Party & Rise of the Guardians: Combo Pack: March 25, 2014
We Sing: UK Hits: March 27, 2014
All multiplats/shovelware. The only quality(ish) game on that list is Skylanders, and that's available on every other system including Wii U. You knew what I meant by "no games"; I'm not going to go into a binary semantics battle to satisfy your obsession with playing devil's advocate. No one is buying a Wii to play fucking Barbie or Young Justice.

Nintendo isn't making games for it and won't be manufacturing the console itself soon. It's dead, and if you're in the market for a new Nintendo system it would be a waste of money to buy one at this point.

I just bought a Wii U, but now I'm going to buy a Wii just because I can. My money to waste, stop worrying about what everyone else spends their money on.

All multiplats/shovelware. The only quality(ish) game on that list is Skylanders, and that's available on every other system including Wii U. You knew what I meant by "no games"; I'm not going to go into a binary semantics battle to satisfy your obsession with playing devil's advocate. No one is buying a Wii to play fucking Barbie or Young Justice.

Nintendo isn't making games for it and won't be manufacturing the console itself soon. It's dead, and if you're in the market for a new Nintendo system it would be a waste of money to buy one at this point.
Stop moving the goddamn goalposts. First you say that there's no new Wii releases, now you're saying that shovelware and multiplatform titles don't count.

And how do you know that a parent isn't going to buy a inexpensive Wii this Christmas for their daughter to play Barbie & Mario? Or for their son to play Young Justice and Zelda? Just because these games aren't meant for you doesn't automatically invalid their existence.

WTF is the point of putting the Nintendo WiFi logo on the game if the system can't play online games?
You can play online with the Ethernet Adapter.

Ok let get this right. It wasn't me that found it on Sam's it was a friend of mine that live in Mexico. But anyways its supposed to stay on Canada and UK right? Maybe soon we will see it on the States?

EDIT

Also on a Facebook Mexican Fanpage a lot of members have bought it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=722289344451321&set=gm.522074717866919&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202406893680192&set=gm.521902457884145&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

But what if I'm not interested in the Wii U at all? What if I just want to play Wii games? I should be forced into spending $300 when I only need the $100-priced hardware to do what I want it to? That doesn't make any sense.

That's like saying stores should stop selling DVD Players because Blu-Ray is available. What if I don't intend on buying Blu-Rays? I just need something to play DVDs.
Stores still sell DVD players lol.

You can play online with the Ethernet Adapter.

Ok let get this right. It wasn't me that found it on Sam's it was a friend of mine that live in Mexico. But anyways its supposed to stay on Canada and UK right? Maybe soon we will see it on the States?

EDIT

Also on a Facebook Mexican Fanpage a lot of members have bought it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=722289344451321&set=gm.522074717866919&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202406893680192&set=gm.521902457884145&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
Lame, should have said it was in Mexico in the OP. Yeah it's available "internationally" according to Nintendo. In Europe and South Africa as well. Basically everywhere not named United States or Japan.

Granted, I get where Nintendo's coming from. They figure first world countries like the US and Japan don't want a system like this and it would fit more in the third world countries like the UK, Canada, and Mexico where they barely have running water and electricity, much less Component HD connections, SD cards, or internet. But hey, I still want one. They shouldn't be just be marketing it to the "high end" third worlders that have VCR's that they can plug their Red, Yellow, White cables through.

Lame, should have said it was in Mexico in the OP. Yeah it's available "internationally" according to Nintendo. In Europe and South Africa as well. Basically everywhere not named United States or Japan.

Granted, I get where Nintendo's coming from. They figure first world countries like the US and Japan don't want a system like this and it would fit more in the third world countries like the UK, Canada, and Mexico where they barely have running water and electricity, much less Component HD connections, SD cards, or internet. But hey, I still want one. They shouldn't be just be marketing it to the "high end" third worlders that have VCR's that they can plug their Red, Yellow, White cables through.
Heck, even Japan's system is better than ours. They still have Gamecube backwards compatibility.

Wii component wasn't all that great in the first place. Composite only just adds to the fuck.

Sorry for bumping this but I have confirmation that another US retailer will be stocking this during the week of Xbox One's launch. Retail price of $99.99.

Oh man, don't get my hopes up again.  I'm still on the fence about getting a Wii U. 

Seeing this in-store for less than $100 seems more tempting.  My friend has a GCN backwards compatible Wii that he lets me borrow from time to time.  I also have a Gamecube. 

The biggest obstacle stopping me from buying a Wii mini are the Wii games that let you transfer GCN data to the Wii save file.  I have "Fire Emblem" on GCN and want to play the Wii version some day. 

Same story with the "Tales of" games. I don't know if there are more than those two games that do that.

Is there any way to get the same quality 

Wii + Composite Vs. Wii U?

Because I bought another Wii, but and its been playing my gamecube games nomsayin

So it really wasn't a pointless buy now that I think about it.

We can agree to disagree.
Well, see, if you said "The worse console ever crapped into a box and sold." that would have fallen under a legitimate, though flawed opinion.

But when you throw "The worse piece of electronics ever" into the mix, yeah, you've stripped all pretense that you're nothing but a goddamn troll.

You're saying in the history of electronics. That's close to 100 years of products. Off the top of my head, for instance, the Wii Mini is a better "piece of electronics" than every fucking one of those little Tiger LCD games that were made in the mid to late 90s.

Or how about those chinese knock-off consoles? The ones that play terrible java knock-offs of proper games? The Wii Mini is better than that by virtue of being an actual quality product.

How about, say, Divx players? Remember those? Where purchased physical discs were subject to a rental fee per use and were otherwise useless? The Wii Mini at least makes logical sense next to that.

So yeah. "Worse piece of electronics ever" my ass. Go troll elsewhere.

Sorry for bumping this but I have confirmation that another US retailer will be stocking this during the week of Xbox One's launch. Retail price of $99.99.
Any more info? It would be the first retailer to carry it if it's in the US, the OP was a Mexico Sam's chain.

If it's coming out, I may just go grab some old $20-$30 Wii games with the Target B2G1 deal. If they haven't pushed them out due to floor space that is.

Say what you will, but calling the Wii Mini "the worse piece of electronics ever crapped into a box and sold" is just straight-up trolling no matter how you look at it.
LOL true, but this is the most action a Wii thread has gotten in years I bet. :p

As for the 'cheapness' of it, I don't see the big deal in using composite over component. I've had a Wii before and bought the HD cables and put it in HD mode, and yes it does look clearer. But for a non HD console cleaner and crisper doesn't necessarily mean better. The jaggies and everything else are more apparent putting that SD resolution on an HDTV. There's a reason why there's some second hand demand for CRT TV's for retro systems. If it ain't HD - it doesn't look good. No matter what connection you use.

The online is fairly worthless as Wii's online scene never was good to begin with but now is dead, and will probably have all support cut off at the start of the year or so. Hacking the Wii was the only main use of online, but homebrew scene is dead as well basically.

The lack of an SD slot is the only weird thing though. But really, this is a legacy console people will only buy because it's cheap and Nintendo can get some green on it. For $100 and a game, if that's what they're doing, it's something no one else is doing. Microsoft and Sony still want $250 bones for they're soon to be last gen systems.

Well, see, if you said "The worse console ever crapped into a box and sold." that would have fallen under a legitimate, though flawed opinion.

But when you throw "The worse piece of electronics ever" into the mix, yeah, you've stripped all pretense that you're nothing but a goddamn troll.

You're saying in the history of electronics. That's close to 100 years of products. Off the top of my head, for instance, the Wii Mini is a better "piece of electronics" than every fucking one of those little Tiger LCD games that were made in the mid to late 90s.

Or how about those chinese knock-off consoles? The ones that play terrible java knock-offs of proper games? The Wii Mini is better than that by virtual of being an actual quality product.

How about, say, Divx players? Remember those? Where purchased physical discs were subject to a rental fee per use and were otherwise useless? The Wii Mini at least makes logical sense next to that.

So yeah. "Worse piece of electronics ever" my ass. Go troll elsewhere.
Wow. Emotional.

Wow! UK and CANADA are third world countries?

If it could do 480p(component) i would understand but i refuse to go back to composite.
This is why the Wii Mini is so lame, if it at LEAST had s-video or component, it might have some value; with only composite, it really is trash. Lack of online or SD card isn't terrible, lack of a decent output is a joke.

Personally I think 69.99 would have been a good price to move these units. Maybe there will be some on sale for Black Friday?

I just wish it had online. Also it should have been priced at say $80 or less. I wonder how much Nintendo is actually saving by removing that feature. It must be a decent amount because Nintendo believes that making the Virtual Console games off limits is going to actually save them money.

So far

- No online

- No GC backwards compatability

- Only does S-Video

Still a good choice if your this late into the game and don't care about any of those things.

I just wish it had online. Also it should have been priced at say $80 or less. I wonder how much Nintendo is actually saving by removing that feature. It must be a decent amount because Nintendo believes that making the Virtual Console games off limits is going to actually save them money.

So far
- No online
- No GC backwards compatability
- Only does S-Video

Still a good choice if your this late into the game and don't care about any of those things.
Correction: only does COMPOSITE video, not s-video. Much worse quality.

bread's done
Back