Wii Music $20 amazon & newegg

And still $20 overpriced. This is one of the worst pieces of non-game shovel-ware ever produced, and that's saying a lot, being as it's on the Wii...

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm going to be blunt here and I apologize in advance......if you buy this game you are a fucking idiot![/QUOTE]

Well that's a really unnecessary comment. Personally, I plan on buying the game for my nephews for Christmas, as they've shown interest in it.

No need to insult other people's tastes in games.

Yep, totally going to the dark side. They're secretly going to cancel New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, if you put in Metroid Prime Trilogy there's no blasters, just Wii Music flutes, and I hear Zelda game being developed for Wii will really be Wii Music 2.

If anything, people should be pissed Nintendo put out a poor music simulator / rhythm game because Nintendo itself rarely makes total shit games.

[quote name='Camwi']Well that's a really unnecessary comment. Personally, I plan on buying the game for my nephews for Christmas, as they've shown interest in it.

No need to insult other people's tastes in games.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, your nephews are going to hate you.

Look, this isn't much of a game, but it is not a bad toy. Teaches kids about music, instruments and rhythm, and even a little about music production as you can record up to 6 different layers of sound and mix them together to form 1 track. It teaches about the various rhythms associated with jazz, classical, rock and other types of music. Again this is not really a game, it is a music toy and something that is really not bad for a kid who shows an interest in music.

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm going to be blunt here and I apologize in advance......if you buy this game you are a fucking idiot![/QUOTE]
I respect your opinion, however, I am a huge fan of this game.

There are better deals to be found on Wii Music. The blockbusters around me have tons of copies marked at $10.

[quote name='NutManIV']There are better deals to be found on Wii Music. The blockbusters around me have tons of copies marked at $10.[/QUOTE]
New or used? In another thread with this topic someone mentioned $10 being the price for the used game. If you don't like used games or your blockbuster doesn't have it in store, not much of a deal. The amazon/newegg deal is for everyone, not YMMV.

[quote name='Camwi']Well that's a really unnecessary comment. Personally, I plan on buying the game for my nephews for Christmas, as they've shown interest in it.

No need to insult other people's tastes in games.[/QUOTE]

This game would be ideal for kids 3-5. Unfortunately, its instruction is text heavy and requires about a 2nd-3rd grade reading level, which makes it terrible because it's game-play is geared much younger.

We bought it for my daughter and played through the instruments with her and she would get either frustrated or bored quickly. While she enjoyed the free play and videos, the rest of the game was to complicated.

My older nieces and nephews (7 and up) who did possess level of coordination and reading high enough to play the skilled rhythm games thought they were boring and very childish.

It seems to be critically flawed on all age levels. Maybe there is a sweet spot right a 6 or something. Otherwise it is a non-stop hands-on parental torture-fest, as the music is both grating and pedantic.

bread's done
Back