Wii Music $20 @ NewEgg, Free Shipping

That's still too high for me.

I figure if I pick this up it will probably be only for the 50 Nintendo coins. The game just doesn't seem like it could hold my attention for more than 10 mins.

If I burned a picture of donkey's ass onto a disc and put it in some videogame packaging and priced it under $20, you would probably pick it up.

This is 9.99 used at BBV for anyone who is interested in this deal. I also love the number of people who criticize this game who never played it. It is a great music game for kids. Some of us CAGs are parents you know.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is 9.99 used at BBV for anyone who is interested in this deal. I also love the number of people who criticize this game who never played it. It is a great music game for kids. Some of us CAGs are parents you know.[/QUOTE]

Toddlers may like it because it makes noise but my sister (age 9 at the time) liked it for the first 20 minutes and then never touched it again. I played it for about the same time and that was because I put on the dog suit and annoyed the hell out of my girlfriend. I guess each kid is different but overall the game is just not fun now can you actually make anything worth while from it.

[quote name='knightimages']HORRIBLE GAME....RUMOR IS IF YOU SEE THIS GAME IN YOUR BATHROOM MIRROR... you are already dead.[/QUOTE]

I laughed so hard when I read this.

[quote name='ackbar7']my daughter is 2, she likes it[/QUOTE]

See Toddlers like it. The game is great for making noise and has colors and things of that nature which is great for the 5 years old and younger. But, for anyone older than that its just not entertaining. Glad that your daughter likes it. Anything that can keep a 2 years olds attention is great for the parents :).

[quote name='knightimages']HORRIBLE GAME....RUMOR IS IF YOU SEE THIS GAME IN YOUR BATHROOM MIRROR... you are already dead.[/QUOTE]

Priceless! :lol:

It says a lot that this is the only 1st party Nintendo game I have EVER seen clearanced out. They're known for not budging in market value, not so much as a $10 discount on used versions of their games 5 years after their release date.

[quote name='Vegan']It says a lot that this is the only 1st party Nintendo game I have EVER seen clearanced out. They're known for not budging in market value, not so much as a $10 discount on used versions of their games 5 years after their release date.[/QUOTE]
Fry's has Mario Strikers Charged, Wario Land, and Excitebots clearanced. Fred Meyer has a lot of first party games clearanced out as well. Most of them eventually get there you just have to know where to look.

OK, I will throw in a vote for this not being nearly as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, I don't find it "bad" at all if you approach it from the right perspective. I think most people mistakenly assumed this would be a Guitar Hero or other music game clone, and it is very far from that. Instead, it's more of a music toy. It works very good from that perspective and is quite effective. Just don't expect much of a "game" out of it.

[quote name='ackbar7']Fry's has Mario Strikers Charged, Wario Land, and Excitebots clearanced. Fred Meyer has a lot of first party games clearanced out as well. Most of them eventually get there you just have to know where to look.[/QUOTE]

Wii Music was suppose to be Nintendo's big holiday title last year. They were hoping this thing to follow in the footsteps of Wiiplay and Wiifit. Nintendo AAA
titles don't go on clearance, noise-makers for toddlers apparently do.

My 9 year old nephew seemed to like the game. I've never played it myself. I am hesitant to buy at this price, but I may pick it up for $10 used at blockbuster if I can find a complete copy, and if I come across it while looking for something else - I'm not going out of my way for it.

[quote name='NJMane']See Toddlers like it. The game is great for making noise and has colors and things of that nature which is great for the 5 years old and younger. But, for anyone older than that its just not entertaining. Glad that your daughter likes it. Anything that can keep a 2 years olds attention is great for the parents :).[/QUOTE]
I used to see a lot of commercials for Wii Music on the Sprout (preschoolers) channel, and now I know why. Nintendo is not stupid, that's for sure.

Thanks OP, I'm seriously thinking about this now for my not-quite-2 year old.

No, they're not stupid, but I'm also not going to commend them for taking time away from doing something that could appeal to me.

bread's done
Back