Wii: Nyko charging station vs. Joytech power station

chingster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts and feedback regarding the Nyko and Joytech or any other wiimote charge stations before I head out and purchase one. Also as this CAG, cheap places to buy one would be kool too =D.

Thanks

:whistle2:k not really answering your question, but... I've asked a similar question (i think... pg 6 of CDN Q & A thread), and everyone that answered turned me to Ni-mh, or "eneloop" batteries...

[quote name='chingster']Hey I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts and feedback regarding the Nyko and Joytech or any other wiimote charge stations before I head out and purchase one. Also as this CAG, cheap places to buy one would be kool too =D.

Thanks[/quote]

I have the Joytech one.... as soon as I opened it and read the instructions I learned that you have to use a pass thru cable that attaches to the Wii's power supply #-o

Nintendo does NOT recommend such device between that and the Wii's power flow. There is a port for a sepreate power plug, but I am reading that people are reporting the device damaging the Wii-motes :whistle2:( It will not work with the wii-condoms and the power packs that it comes with does not allow you to sync it unless you completely remove the power pack.

[quote name='ZForce']I use the Nyko one and it works great[/quote]

I do as well, and haven't had any problems at all! It's rather great, actually, as it does exactly what it's supposed to, and it does it well. :)

[quote name='bullets898']:whistle2:k not really answering your question, but... I've asked a similar question (i think... pg 6 of CDN Q & A thread), and everyone that answered turned me to Ni-mh, or "eneloop" batteries...[/quote]

Agreed, don't waste your money on this kind of junk. Spend the same amount and get a good set of rechargeable AAs

[quote name='mabba18']Agreed, don't waste your money on this kind of junk. Spend the same amount and get a good set of rechargeable AAs[/quote]

I agree with this as well. I have rechargeable AA NiMH's which work great and the charge lasts awhile. Unlike the rechargeable battery packs (made by Asidtech) that I still have. They last a couple days or less on a full charge.

However, it's worth noting that my NiMH batteries have 3 times the capacity of the battery packs. But I still think they should last longer than two days.

bread's done
Back