Wii Party $29.99 at toysrus.com

Well, crap. I have no idea why I bought this game earlier this week for $39.99. Ugh. Might pick up an extra copy tomorrow for my parents. Fun game.

If you ever want to see another Mario Party game, I wouldn't buy this one.

Then again if you want to bury the cookie-cutter redundancy that Mario Party has become, I'd buy 2 copies.

Your call.

The game is awful (for those on the fence). It's void of any personality, and if you thought Mario Party was random...well, this is beyond random.

...and if it's on someone's Christmas list, I should tell them they don't want it and should get Mario Party? Thanks for the mini reviews, but I tried it and I liked it. So sue me.

[quote name='spideymike']...and if it's on someone's Christmas list, I should tell them they don't want it and should get Mario Party? Thanks for the mini reviews, but I tried it and I liked it. So sue me.[/QUOTE]

Well, then you were never on the fence.:)
The Wii simply has tons of better games than this. With Kirby's EY, Donkey Kong CR, and even the now old Wario Smooth moves, there's no reason why people should be picking this over those.

Do you guys think Amazon will match? I have actually been looking to pick this up and can't decide whether or not to wait. I've got a bunch of Amazon credit so I'd rather go that route.

amazon doesn't typically match TRU as often as BB or Target.

Primarily, (IMO anyway) due to TRU's poor distribution/infrastructure. If you order online, you'll pay tax & shipping. In-store pick-up isn't available in many TRU locations, and at sale prices TRU rarely has sufficient stock. Also, in-store pricing doesn't always reflect the online price... so you'll have to request price-match.

I tried a similar deal earlier this week. The item was out of stock online, it showed in-stock locally but lacked the option for in-store pick-up... and upon visiting both local stores I found they had in-fact been out of stock the entire time.

TRU is great for popular items in large supply (Donkey Kong, Epic Mickey, etc), but can be problematic for anything approaching niche.

[quote name='dragonjud']Well, then you were never on the fence.:)
The Wii simply has tons of better games than this. With Kirby's EY, Donkey Kong CR, and even the now old Wario Smooth moves, there's no reason why people should be picking this over those.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be missing the point of Wii Party if you suggest platformers with a max of 2 players in its place.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I think you might be missing the point of Wii Party if you suggest platformers with a max of 2 players in its place.[/QUOTE]

:) Sure. Well, my opinion (and we all know how opinions go) is that this game is void of any personality. Sure it has mini-games, but the boredom that ensues between mini-games can be compared to the pain of sticking needles in your eyeballs.
If I wanted to just play mini-games, I would play Wii Sports Resorts, or Wii Play or Wario Smooth Moves, or Wii Fit, or Wii Sports, or any version of Olympic Games, or ...I think you get the idea.

The only reason I suggested Donkey Kong and Kirby is simply because, even if you have just two people, you will likely have more fun on a single level of those two games, than on this whole poor excuse for a party game. I would rather play Mario Party 8 again (even if I thought it was one of the weakest Mario Party games).

yeah, cheap enough that it gets into the 'tempting' range. pretty good if you have a bunch of people over and they're not hardcore gamers.

[quote name='dragonjud']:) Sure. Well, my opinion (and we all know how opinions go) is that this game is void of any personality. Sure it has mini-games, but the boredom that ensues between mini-games can be compared to the pain of sticking needles in your eyeballs.
If I wanted to just play mini-games, I would play Wii Sports Resorts, or Wii Play or Wario Smooth Moves, or Wii Fit, or Wii Sports, or any version of Olympic Games, or ...I think you get the idea.

The only reason I suggested Donkey Kong and Kirby is simply because, even if you have just two people, you will likely have more fun on a single level of those two games, than on this whole poor excuse for a party game. I would rather play Mario Party 8 again (even if I thought it was one of the weakest Mario Party games).[/QUOTE]

I was with you when you said, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit. But sir, I lost you at Wii Play. That's not even a game. That's a pack in with a Wiimote. You call that personality. Wii Party may not be nothing more than a Mario Party clone but how many are on the system already from 3rd party. Wii has always been a "first party first, everything else last" type console. The games you mentioned are all first party games. Maybe some Wii owners have come to terms with that fact and wait on Nintendo to throw them a bone. Just don't pick at because it's not your flavor. I feel if you like it, cool. If not, move on. In my opinion, Wii games tend to get stale after awhile anyway.

bread's done
Back