Wii Penguin Dual Charging Station w/ Lithium-ion Batteries $11 free ship @ Buy.com

Note that it has free shipping too. Price is actually $10.99 and it looks like it's actually sold by penguin. I'm not going to get one though as I just use Eneloop's and my own charger.

Trufatty - thanks for reminding us that you don't use your Wii. I'd almost forgotten.

Only one review on Amazon and it got 3 stars. I guess you would have to take any "gloves" off before using this too but hey, it's $11. I would advise getting some Eneloops instead of this thing though.

"I purchased two of these to charge our four Wii remotes. Installation was intuitively obvious but the product came with no instructions. Removing the remote cover to charge the batteries is inconvenient. Also, the remote is tricky to seat properly when the wrist strap is attached.

The description said that the lights indicate the charging status, but we're left to guess what that status is. It appears that the blue light indicates only power and that red is charging. But sometimes the light appears purple. Does that mean that the remote is not seated properly in the cradle? Or does the color of the light change back from red to blue when the remote is fully charged and purple indicates an 'almost ready' state? That might explain why only one of the chargers has red/purple lights and the other one remains blue.

It would also be helpful to know whether it is safe to keep the remotes plugged in even after they are fully charged. "

I got mine today. And it's supposed to be a USB charger but the thing you plug into it to charge isn't USB. What the hell is this thing?

14l4t8m.jpg

Ok I just found out it's a pass-thru from the Wii power cable, into the system. You put this between. I dont know if I trust that, having the power split like that going to the system. It was listed as USB.

Mine had that same end. You plug one end to your Wii AC input, and the other to the AC adapter. Kind of weird how they did it, but it's working for me. (edit: beaten)

Another weird choice is how the unit's lights flash when charging and solid when charged. At least, that's what the instructions say. It may just be me, though.

[quote name='Mega64']Mine had that same end. You plug one end to your Wii AC input, and the other to the AC adapter. Kind of weird how they did it, but it's working for me. (edit: beaten)

Another weird choice is how the unit's lights flash when charging and solid when charged. At least, that's what the instructions say. It may just be me, though.[/QUOTE]
I didnt even see that in the directions. They started flashing when I first set it up and just stopped flashing and are solid now after about 2 1/2 hours. The manual says 4-5 hours for full charge. Oh well, hopefully they carry a long charge and last a while.

I hate how they were thrown in a box and shipped like that.

They look EXACTLY like the same generic Wii charger I bought for $10 from buy.com's affiliates like a year back, and if it is anything like that - it is ABSOLUTE JUNK!!!

The batteries would retain a 1-2 hour charge for the first month, they after that, I would be lucky if a full charge - indicator going from red to blue - would last 30 minutes. I then ditched the idea and spent $20 on an Eneloop hybrid batteries and charger (havent changed the batteries after 3 month's use).

But you guys might luck out and it might be a clone of the product I own, my was USB powered (with a very short cord and def. did not include that pass thru cable.

Problem with lithium is that it's best when continious power and short bursts of unplugged use.

Letting them drain to 0% will effectively kill these things.

And getting only 2 hours on a charge is really pathetic sense a full charge of Hybrids can last for 6+ hours and still hold a charge and considerable battery time weeks later.

Get eneloop's or rayovac hybrids.

AFTERTHOUGHT....

why couldn't Nintendo come up a way to recharge rechargable battieries by usb???? how easy would it be to just plug it in when you're done playing.

Eneloops. Heck yea.

Just hate that they do NOT fit in 360 controllers. I have to use old NiMH batteries. I don't know of any newer, higher voltage NiMH hybrid batteries that are slim enough to fit in the 360. You guys know of any? (I ripped the skin off a newer Energizer rechargable; it was totally jammed in the battery compartment.)

bread's done
Back