Wii Scalper in front of my local Wal-Mart today!

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
I went to my local Wal-Mart and braved the crowds today for a couple of last minute gifts. There is a section in the parking lot where people always set up their cars and sell or give away dogs and cats. Well, today when I pulled in, of course there was somebody set-up selling dogs, but right next to him a guy was set-up with a big sign on his car saying "Wii for sale" and he was also holding a sign saying the same thing and waving it at traffic....and I thought the Craigslist scalpers were bad! Anybody else see anything like this this holiday season?

Last year at the bus stop near the Best Buy, two women had a sign advertising Wii and PS3, $600 each. I doubt they got very far.

Saw the same thing at Best Buy today, went in to pick up some new headphones with a Gift Card i got from a friend and saw an Asian guy standing on the corner of the parking lot waving a Picture of a Wii with the words "HARD ITEM! BUY PLEASE $650! NEW LIKE LOW PRICE" ...Hmm would you trust him?

We had lazy scalpers in my area, basically a 4' x 3' cardboard sign that had a phone number scrawled on it advertising a Wii in front of one of our major shopping districts. Oh well, that is capitalism for you!

Glad I got one at launch,

Alex

P.S. Merry Christmas Everybody!

I hope anyone who even thought of buying from one of these scalpers had the sense to open the box and make sure there was an actual Wii in there before forking over the money

[quote name='alexandertyler']We had lazy scalpers in my area, basically a 4' x 3' cardboard sign that had a phone number scrawled on it advertising a Wii in front of one of our major shopping districts. Oh well, that is capitalism for you!

Glad I got one at launch,

Alex

P.S. Merry Christmas Everybody![/quote]

I've seen the same thing outside of just about every shopping complex in my area. Also I've seen sheets on the community bulletin board at the post office with people advertising Wii's for sale.

[quote name='maccabee72']I went to my local Wal-Mart and braved the crowds today for a couple of last minute gifts. There is a section in the parking lot where people always set up their cars and sell or give away dogs and cats. Well, today when I pulled in, of course there was somebody set-up selling dogs, but right next to him a guy was set-up with a big sign on his car saying "Wii for sale" and he was also holding a sign saying the same thing and waving it at traffic....and I thought the Craigslist scalpers were bad! Anybody else see anything like this this holiday season?[/quote]

I haven't, since I don't bother going out to get mobbed in the crowds before Christmas, but if I did see that, I'd be sure to call the local cops who would show up and ticket them for not having a permit to sell in that town/city.

:lol: Then, I'm sure they'd move down the road and add the amount of the ticket to the asking price for the Wii.

Someone taped a Wii for sale sign to our window at the GS I work at. They had the phone number on it too and an employee just so happened to find it. Haven't heard if they called yet, but it should be funny when they do.

Yeah i saw one in the Wal mart there was a 3 white college guys selling wii with a big sign and when i passed by he was selling them for $ 1,000 and was selling super mario galaxy for $ 75 i was laughing at his face but sadly i know people bough them

wth...people sell stuff in walmart parking lots?! I RARELY go to walmart for anything, ever. But I've never seen anyone selling anything in the parking lot, let alone pets or game consoles. Well, the Walmart is in a bad part of town, which would be tantamount to asking for a stabbing and a robbing and possibly a raping. I always thought it would be a good idea to wait in line by the circuit city near my house, for an hour, then sell the wii voucher. however, i never bothered doing it...to each his own.

It wasn't so much the Ebayers that bothered me, but it was all the newbs that came out of the woodwork. "DUH I CAN SELLZ DA WII?" Tons of people camped out in very cold weather because they thought they would make millions or something. Seasoned Ebayers hoard and resell stuff a lot but there are usually enough of something for it to not make a huge dent in supply like this year with Wii. There were too many people buying it just to try and sell on CL. No one realized that almost everyone was trying to do the same. I had already posted about the "meltdown" over here in RI where everyone in a small state was trying to sell it to each other and the demand was very slim.

[quote name='davo1224']It wasn't so much the Ebayers that bothered me, but it was all the newbs that came out of the woodwork. "DUH I CAN SELLZ DA WII?" Tons of people camped out in very cold weather because they thought they would make millions or something. Seasoned Ebayers hoard and resell stuff a lot but there are usually enough of something for it to not make a huge dent in supply like this year with Wii. There were too many people buying it just to try and sell on CL. No one realized that almost everyone was trying to do the same. I had already posted about the "meltdown" over here in RI where everyone in a small state was trying to sell it to each other and the demand was very slim.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I've tried explaining that to people, but they don't understand...the normal ebayers aren't the ones that make the Wii hard to find. It's the people out trying to make a quick buck, not knowing what they are doing, and only buying them because "leroy's cousin's brother said that the news said the wii's be sellin for lots on the intronet!"

I sell on ebay all the time, but I'll be damned if I stand in a line for more than 2 hours in the freezing fucking cold for 200.00 profit.

bread's done
Back