Wii Shop Channel - Can I stop the Connection?

Judhudson

CAGiversary!
I tried going into the Shop Channel, and it's been at the "Connecting, Please Wait" screen for over 10 minutes and still nothing. I want to shut it off, but I do not know if shutting it off will harm my Wii in any way. Is it safe to cut it off during a connection?

My apologies on such a stupid post....

[quote name='Judhudson']I tried going into the Shop Channel, and it's been at the "Connecting, Please Wait" screen for over 10 minutes and still nothing. I want to shut it off, but I do not know if shutting it off will harm my Wii in any way. Is it safe to cut it off during a connection?

My apologies on such a stupid post....[/QUOTE]

This is the only thing that's frozen my system so far. I just held down the power button and it reset. That was the only thing that worked.

It happened to me earlier today as well. I held down the power button for 5 seconds or so to kill it, and it was fine. (If it were updating the system, it would tell you.)

On someone else's suggestion (I think I read it here), I went into my router settings and chenged it from channel 6 to channel 1. After that (and the Wii reboot), it worked great. Don't know why, but I haven't had trouble with the shop channel since.

Been having the same problem, just changed my wireless channel, we'll see what happens.

And by God it works. No clue why.

It has happened to me a few times. I figured the problem has something to do with the system. Hopefully it'll get fixed in a future update.

[quote name='Cambot']YOu can also try the home button.[/quote]Nope... much like a DVD that doesn't let you skip the FBI warning, this flashes the "Anti-Home button" image in the corner.

bread's done
Back