Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lilboo']If they have to do this, they'll only be making 18.2 billion dollars a year instead of 18.3 :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Don't act like a tenth of a billion isn't a lot. That's 100 million.

That's a good chuck of change. Everyone in this thread could live off that for the rest of their lives.

[quote name='Strell']Don't act like a tenth of a billion isn't a lot. That's 100 million.

That's a good chuck of change. Everyone in this thread could live off that for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I could go through it rather quickly. But that's just me.

[quote name='Strell']Don't act like a tenth of a billion isn't a lot. That's 100 million.

That's a good chuck of change. Everyone in this thread could live off that for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]

Not if that person is Dr. Rockso.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nISjjwnQnK8/MEDIA]

Japan's Releases for 01/15/08

Adventure Island - NES
Monster World IV - Gen
1080 Snowboarding - N64

I'd say it's pretty safe to say that next week we will end up wit 1080 Snowboarding. That's just my 2 cents, though.
It's nice to see 3 games being released again! Hopefully the 2 per week trend is over!

So that's two separate Wonder Boy titles they're getting, neither of which actually have Wonder Boy in the title? God, that series is confusing.

On that subject, what do you guys think of those games? I love Metroidvania and action RPGs, and I'm a big platformer fan, yet I've never really enjoyed the series. It should be noted though that I usually only play the first ten minutes or so before losing interest.

I have been playing super Metroid for about 4 hours now and I don't think it is as good as the original. I have beat the original about 20 times so that might have something to do with it. I have 9 vc games and it's probably the least fun so far. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, air zonk, sin and punishment, gate of thunder, paper mario, gunstar heroes, and alien soldier are all much more fun. :applause:

Mr. Roper, you just need to not post in this thread anymore.

We are spared your inane words, and you get to stop writing them.

I think it is win-win for all.

From here on out, I'm assuming that pretty much anyone I come in to contact with here is Chacrana.

Level1 and Roper are my main suspects.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I have been playing super Metroid for about 4 hours now and I don't think it is as good as the original. I have beat the original about 20 times so that might have something to do with it. I have 9 vc games and it's probably the least fun so far. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, air zonk, sin and punishment, gate of thunder, paper mario, gunstar heroes, and alien soldier are all much more fun. :applause:[/QUOTE]

:shock:

why would beating the original nes game hurt your exp on the SNES game(which is far more superior)

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I have been playing super Metroid for about 4 hours now and I don't think it is as good as the original. I have beat the original about 20 times so that might have something to do with it. I have 9 vc games and it's probably the least fun so far. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, air zonk, sin and punishment, gate of thunder, paper mario, gunstar heroes, and alien soldier are all much more fun. :applause:[/quote]

If you just don't like the Metroid style of gaming I'd understand. But to say that the first Metroid is superior to Super Metroid? That's a stretch. And then to say that Donkey Kong Country and Air Zonk are better? In my 4+ years at CAG, I don't think I've ever called anyone an idiot, and I'm trying my best to keep my record clean. But you're making it awfully tough for me here... :whistle2:#

Meh, different people's tastes are different. For instance: all of you no doubt enjoy something that is complete crap and you are fools for doing so.
But I'm not gonna question your sanity or insult you or anything. Jeez.
That'd be rude.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Meh, different people's tastes are different. For instance: all of you no doubt enjoy something that is complete crap and you are fools for doing so.
That'd be rude.[/quote]

For Super Metroid, I tolerate no ill words spoken against it. All must love. He will join the circle. :grouphug:

[quote name='tankexmortis']Meh, different people's tastes are different. For instance: all of you no doubt enjoy something that is complete crap and you are fools for doing so.
That'd be rude.[/QUOTE]

yeah we all liked shitty games..i actually enjoyed Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball..in all of its Frog Basketball Glory. but Roper has to be the first CAG to say he wasnt impressed with Super Metroid at all with it...while every CAG here has. That just baffles me...so i would like to know why he didnt like it.

I can see why he didn't like it, but I don't think it's one bit of a bad game. it's like me where I don't like rock band/guitar hero because they bore me like tiger woods games. I recognize them as validly good games, they just don't appeal to me.

So I have a message saying the Metroid Prime 3 preview channel is available in the Wii Ware shop, but it's not there yet. Anybody else notice this?

I guess it's just a video, which is pretty lame, but my Wii is less than 2 weeks old, so I can't resist downloading stuff like this.

[quote name='ma']So I have a message saying the Metroid Prime 3 preview channel is available in the Wii Ware shop, but it's not there yet. Anybody else notice this?

I guess it's just a video, which is pretty lame, but my Wii is less than 2 weeks old, so I can't resist downloading stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

The channel got retired, as it was only used to promote MP3 around (and shortly following) release.

I guess messages could still be sent out saying it's available? Meaning Nintendo isn't paying attention to what their advertising teams are/are not doing.

Kinda lame, actually. I liked the channel a lot.

[quote name='ma']So I have a message saying the Metroid Prime 3 preview channel is available in the Wii Ware shop, but it's not there yet. Anybody else notice this?

I guess it's just a video, which is pretty lame, but my Wii is less than 2 weeks old, so I can't resist downloading stuff like this.[/quote]

I have no idea why you're getting that message now. That channel came out way back in August last year! It wasn't that great in the first place, and it's since outlived its usefulness. Nintendo pulled it offline a couple weeks ago.

Oh I loved the MP Preview channel! I'm totally cool with these channels expiring, but I really would love to see some more of these!

Why didn't they do one of these for Galaxy? Or even Brawl?

[quote name='lilboo']
Why didn't they do one of these for Galaxy? Or even Brawl?[/QUOTE]

They don't need 'em. Kinda like how you don't add orange rinds to orange juice in an attempt to make it orangier.

Besides, if the "Everybody's Nintendo" channel ever surfaces in America, it'll definitely replace things like the MP3 Preview channel forever.

:lol:
This is true and I keept forgetting about that Everybody's Nintendo Channel! GRRR (or GRAAAH!! if I was Mr Resetti) We better get it soon :cry:

[quote name='lilboo']Oh I loved the MP Preview channel! I'm totally cool with these channels expiring, but I really would love to see some more of these!
[/QUOTE]

It was a great idea, but not well executed. Watching videos in the tiny letter boxed screen wasn't much better than watching them online.

Hopefully the next preview channel will have full screen, 480p 16x9 video, as the advantage of watching on a console, vs. the PC, is getting to see exactly what the game will look like on your TV.

[quote name='rapsodist']I have no idea why you're getting that message now. That channel came out way back in August last year! It wasn't that great in the first place, and it's since outlived its usefulness. Nintendo pulled it offline a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks. For some reason I just got the message today. And I was excited because my disc slot was pulsating in that "come hither" manner. What a letdown.

The channels are a cool idea, but I've had this thing about a week and the novelty is gone. They need to keep pumping out stuff.

[quote name='lilboo']Why didn't they do one of these for Galaxy? Or even Brawl?[/quote]

One for Brawl could still come out, we have almost 2 months still.

[quote name='ma']The channels are a cool idea, but I've had this thing about a week and the novelty is gone. They need to keep pumping out stuff.[/quote]

Imagine feeling that way for over a year. Welcome to my world. Iwata's WiiConnect promises are like Portal cake.

[quote name='The Crotch']From here on out, I'm assuming that pretty much anyone I come in to contact with here is Chacrana.

Level1 and Roper are my main suspects.[/quote]

Whos chacrana? im so lost here..

My memory must be lying to me, because I swear that I enjoyed Startropics as a kid. Now I want to hunt down the designers and throw them through doors into rooms filled with deadly water that you couldn't see from the other side. Seriously, these guys are sick.

Now I'm up to chapter 4 or 5, going through Cap'n Crunch's Temple of Doom and Giant Piano Emporium, but I keep dying to the stupid red ball because I look at it funny or something. I'm having trouble playing the game for more than 30-45 minutes at a time, because it's making me lose my will to live.

But other than that, yeah, it's fun. ;)

The onscreen map changes everything and it feels like you are getting powerups left and right. After I beat it I might be more impressed but the original was just so immersive. Yeah its not better than air zonk but I have had more fun with donkey kong country so far.

Europe's update:
RiotZone -TGCD- 800 Points
1080 Snowboarding -N64- 1000 Points

I'd say it's VERY safe to say we will be getting 1080 Snowboarding this Monday

[quote name='lilboo']Europe's update:

I'd say it's VERY safe to say we will be getting 1080 Snowboarding this Monday[/QUOTE]

i may actually use some points than. i enjoyed 1080 when it came out..but i dont know if it aged well enough to keep my attention.

so how many more weeks till 200?

[quote name='integralsmatic']i may actually use some points than. i enjoyed 1080 when it came out..but i dont know if it aged well enough to keep my attention.

so how many more weeks till 200?[/quote]

US VC is at 194 now. I'm expecting we'll hit 200 on January 28th, either with 2 games on the 21st and 4 on the 28th (which is exactly what Nintendo did for the 100th VC game week, adding 4 games when there were 96 up) or 3 games both Mondays, pushing the total to 197 and then 200.

If the 2-per-week trend continues throughout, then February 4th will see the 200 mark. Anything else could happen, like all 6 games this Monday, or a blank Monday that skews the total, but the most likely scenarios are outlined above.

[quote name='lilboo']Europe's update:

I'd say it's VERY safe to say we will be getting 1080 Snowboarding this Monday[/quote]

Or they may hold off on 1080 until the week we reach 200 games, then make it the 200th game. I mean remember how long they held off on releasing Zelda 2 after Europe got it, just so they could make it our 100th game? It wouldn't surprise me if they did that.

[quote name='Strell']They don't need 'em. Kinda like how you don't add orange rinds to orange juice in an attempt to make it orangier.
[/quote]

:applause:

Couldn't stop laughing after I read this.

I've been playing Adventure of Lolo and I just realized why I'm having so much fun with it. Suspend feature. Because this game used a password system, being able to stop and continue forever is allowing me to get to the end of the game at my pace, and without hassle.

I'd like to know what other games are given that benefit. I guess Super Mario 3 would have because it never had any save feature.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Ok, seriously, WHY AM I NOT PLAYING PRO WRESTLING YET!?!?!?!?!?!?
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Totally. I picked this game up recently and found out I suck at it. Suck hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back