Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'd laugh pretty hard if they release only one game tomorrow and that would be Superman 64.[/QUOTE]

I'd get just because it's so bad. I've always wanted to try it.

[quote name='Halo05']Dammit, they need to leak already, I'm not going to be able to sleep until I find out what's coming out tomorrow. :whee::whee::whee:[/QUOTE]

Well if ANYTHING.. the PR comes out at 8am (EST). But damn. We've been lucky for the past few months :lol: This is killer!

I have a feeling, and I don't know why, that if we do not get Smash Bros we may get Earthbound, with Japan getting that on Tuesday as well. Not so much because it's a MUST HAVE OMG EVERY1 WANTS IT, but because it's most likely a demo on Brawl, which comes out next week. The point of those Masterpieces demos is to sell VC games. I am just trying to make SOME sense out of this :lol:

For the first time probably ever, tomorrow's update for Smash Bros 64 or Earthbound seem to make more sense to come out then they ever did. Big games like those, I doubt would just randomly show up one week without any reason.

Again, just my opinon.

Superman 64, huh? I rented it out of curiosity back in the day. Honestly, I've played worse games. It wasn't exactly painful, but it was a game with a total and complete lack of fun.

And lilboo: see my post above. Can't speak for us, but Japan's not getting anything that ain't on that list.

[quote name='lilboo']I have a feeling, and I don't know why, that if we do not get Smash Bros we may get Earthbound, with Japan getting that on Tuesday as well. Not so much because it's a MUST HAVE OMG EVERY1 WANTS IT, but because it's most likely a demo on Brawl, which comes out next week. The point of those Masterpieces demos is to sell VC games. I am just trying to make SOME sense out of this :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be a heartbreaker, but I don't ever see Earthbound coming to the VC. Nintendo has never given half of a shit about that franchise at all; my cynicism stems mainly from a paranoia that Nintendo wants to disappoint us in some way, and over the years, it's come mainly in the form of "Earthbound Zero cancelled" news from years and years ago, as well as "no Mother 3 for you" treatment on the GBA.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'd get just because it's so bad. I've always wanted to try it.[/quote]

If you want to seriously kill off brain cells, you're better off smoking pot. But if you REALLY want to play it, I'm sure you can find it at a local pawn shop/game shop for under $5.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sorry to be a heartbreaker, but I don't ever see Earthbound coming to the VC. Nintendo has never given half of a shit about that franchise at all; my cynicism stems mainly from a paranoia that Nintendo wants to disappoint us in some way, and over the years, it's come mainly in the form of "Earthbound Zero cancelled" news from years and years ago, as well as "no Mother 3 for you" treatment on the GBA.[/QUOTE]

I just find it weird that they would never put it up. I can't see it costing a lot of money or even it being a lot of work to put a game on the VC..especially when it''s their own game. I have faith. I do! If they can give us the import genre, which of course consists of games that were never released here, then I see no reason why a game like Earthbound would never get here.

I think they know how anticipated that game is. I just can't see us NOT getting that game, and yet, the catalog consists of games like Donkey Kong Jr Math? Soccer?

I never played it so I'm not really anticipating it, however, with all the talk it gets I am interested. When it's all said and done, and we are just weeks away from the next Nintendo console being released..and we have say.. nearly 1000 games in the Virtual Console, I just find it hard to believe that out of ALLLLLL of those games Earthbound will never be apart of that.

But then again, Nintendo is amazing for their disappointments :(

I'm just being extra cynical, boo. It'll come eventually - just not soon enough to satisfy the hardcore types. I think Nintendo just sees it as a "niche" franchise, or really low on their priority list, compared to other games.

I'd like to see Nintendo, since they invested a good chunk of money localizing Earthbound Zero, release that on VC. The only real legwork they'd have to do is have it rated by the ESRB.

I'm still *livid* about never having a translation of Mother 3, though.

But you can be assured that you'll absolutely love Earthbound. I promise.

[quote name='lilboo']Well if ANYTHING.. the PR comes out at 8am (EST). But damn. We've been lucky for the past few months :lol: This is killer!

I have a feeling, and I don't know why, that if we do not get Smash Bros we may get Earthbound, with Japan getting that on Tuesday as well. Not so much because it's a MUST HAVE OMG EVERY1 WANTS IT, but because it's most likely a demo on Brawl, which comes out next week. The point of those Masterpieces demos is to sell VC games. I am just trying to make SOME sense out of this :lol:

For the first time probably ever, tomorrow's update for Smash Bros 64 or Earthbound seem to make more sense to come out then they ever did. Big games like those, I doubt would just randomly show up one week without any reason.

Again, just my opinon.[/quote]

Smash 64 doesn't really make sense to me. It would just take away sales from SSBB. If somebody is strapped for cash, instead of spending $50 on Brawl, they might buy SSB for $10 instead. Plus, a week isn't a lot of time. I think if you were releasing it as a cross promotion than you would probably want a couple of weeks so people tire of the game and want to buy the new one.

I could see Earthbound this week though just because of the Masterpieces thing. There's not much point in offering demos of games if you aren't selling the actual game (at least from a financial perspective).

Super Metroid came out a week before Prime. Metroid came out 2 weeks before Prime.
I think Mario Bros 3 came out the week before Galaxy, if not, it was 2 weeks before.

And yes, it counts as the same thing.

I honestly think that nobody at Nintendo does any kind of market research at all for the VC games, and that's why we have yet to see Earthbound.

That... Or there's an Earthbound: Wii coming.

:rofl:
Here we are thinking ..omg..the press release leak is late..SMASH BROS?! EARTHBOUND?! Or something else pretty big.

Wouldn't all this be hillarious if the reason behind "No press release leak" was because, well, we aren't getting any games this week?! :lol:

I don't think we've ever missed a week. I know Japan has gotten a week where no games came out, and the same for Europe...:whistle2:(

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl:
Here we are thinking ..omg..the press release leak is late..SMASH BROS?! EARTHBOUND?! Or something else pretty big.

Wouldn't all this be hillarious if the reason behind "No press release leak" was because, well, we aren't getting any games this week?! :lol:

I don't think we've ever missed a week. I know Japan has gotten a week where no games came out, and the same for Europe...:whistle2:([/quote]

Don't give in! That's what they want! There's always hope!

[quote name='lilboo']Wouldn't all this be hillarious if the reason behind "No press release leak" was because, well, we aren't getting any games this week?! :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is the VC, not the PSX on PSN. ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Nah I just lurk at GAF, never signed up for it.[/quote]

Same here, but I saw this:

I have a feeling Everybody's Nintendo Channel will be out this week. I don't know why. But last we heard it was supposed to be out within a month.. and that was February. I could see this coming soon, and soon meaning this week.

And was so sure. :D

That's really weird. I just saw it now, actually. Didn't see it before because he/she doesn't have an avatar and their posts just look smaller for whatever reason.

...that's actually really weird considering the usernames and all.
Wonder what those initials stand for o_O? Hopefully it means "Lesbian Books" or something like that.

[quote name='lilboo']Wonder what those initials stand for o_O? Hopefully it means "Lesbian Books" or something like that.[/quote]

Oh man, if I had read that a second later, chocolate milk may have come out of my nose.

Just read the GAF forum, the guy didn't get the release from the PR guy. So we are going old school this week and waiting until Monday to find out our games.

I really really hope Earthbound comes out this week, but there is a better chance of me winning the powerball lottery with one $1 ticket :lol:

[quote name='HuppSav']Earthbound is coming!
Time to find some purple weed.[/quote]

Amen to that. Can anybody in AZ help a new neighbor out?

Well maybe it's Guitar Hero 3 downloadable content? I mean people are getting thier discs back and it's possibly that it will be posted in the shop channel. If not that means if there's no GH3 dlc then activision's promise was all a lie. :whistle2:(

But! I bet Smash 64 or maybe Everybody's Nintendo Channel! I feel way too optimistic at this point.

Yeah I read that too, but nothing seems to be ACTUALLY confirmed.
We'll find out in 5 minutes :)

EDIT:
Ok something is def going on. It's one thing that the info didn't leak on Friday, but the press release (the OFFICIAL one) was ALWAYS up Monday morning at 8:00am sharp. I don't think I've ever seen the press release come 20+ minutes AFTER 8:00. I really wonder why the past few days have been such a secret..?

Maybe it's true. Maybe we really aren't getting games this week? I guess if no press release is out soon, then the only option we have is to just turn to our Wii Shop Channel at 12(est)

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah I read that too, but nothing seems to be ACTUALLY confirmed.
We'll find out in 5 minutes :)

EDIT:
Ok something is def going on. It's one thing that the info didn't leak on Friday, but the press release (the OFFICIAL one) was ALWAYS up Monday morning at 8:00am sharp. I don't think I've ever seen the press release come 20+ minutes AFTER 8:00. I really wonder why the past few days have been such a secret..?

Maybe it's true. Maybe we really aren't getting games this week? I guess if no press release is out soon, then the only option we have is to just turn to our Wii Shop Channel at 12(est)[/quote]It's going way back, but there were times we didn't get the PR online until 10 or 11am.

[quote name='botticus']It's going way back, but there were times we didn't get the PR online until 10 or 11am.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I do not remember that at all! Damn that IS going way back!

[quote name='Halo05']8 am PST? Because it's only 5:46 am on the west coast at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Nah, EST. Press Release USUALLY goes up 8am EST. The games go up 12 EST.

Oh God. Don't make me wait until after classes to find out. That'll be like another 8 hours. :cry:
By which point, I'll probably forget about it.

whoa...
ss_charselect.jpg

Remember this? :evil:

[quote name='CouRageouS']whoa...
ss_charselect.jpg

Remember this? :evil:
[/QUOTE]

Yes :cry:
I would love to play that all this week!!. *Sigh*

Since it's Monday morning at the office, I decided to peruse old threads. Last time we had to wait an excessive time was May 7, 2007. The PR didn't come out until after the games went live, and it wasn't an exciting day. Mighty Bomb Jack, Final Fight, and Ordyne.

Yeah this is going to a disappointment. Even though the rumored games of RCR and Super Turrican are good games.. all the suspense killed it :lol:

Maybe those 2 + Smash. Eh? Eh? :whistle2:s

It better be something good...if it is, I'm going to buy a Points card today. (FYI: Gamestop no longer charges tax on Points card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back