Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5.00 isn't worth playing Mega Man with the Wii Remote. I'll just pop in my Mega Man Anniversary Collection I bought for $10.00 recently on the Gamecube. :D

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm really confused by the emotional leaps that post took. :whistle2:s[/quote]

[quote name='lilboo']/period
[/quote]
Nuff said!

Geez why would anyone buy Mega Man on the VC. I got the collection for Gamecube already.

I don't know what's stopping you other people from knowing that. Nerds.

This is why Super Mario RPG and Earthbound are not coming out.

They are games not on a compilation. ;)

Edit: I know one of you nerds will claim Mother 1 + 2 in Japan as being a compilation even though that totally doesn't count. So crossed out anyway. :lol:

You could also argue that Smash Bros Brawl JPN has a "compilation" of sorts that also includes Earthbound.

Doubleplusburnination, you nerd.

[quote name='Strell']I'll turn in yer face.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, Strell, way to RUIN THE COMMUNITY. I'll bet you're the one who's erasing all of the tags and stealing my cookies, too. :shame:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Jeez, Strell, way to RUIN THE COMMUNITY. [/QUOTE]

Yeah. You people really should have taken advantage of my absence in greater jubiliation when I was on the other side of the world. Wasteful curs.

[quote name='yukine']That doesn't stop practically every other person going "WELL IT IS ON ETC COLLECTION!" every Monday.

Why can't I join in the redundancy?[/QUOTE]

Because as my e-husband, you should know better :nottalking:

[quote name='Strell']Geez why would anyone buy Mega Man on the VC. I got the collection for Gamecube already.

I don't know what's stopping you other people from knowing that. Nerds.[/QUOTE]

This is true. If I could find one for LESS then $10, I'll be set. I mean free points > actual money.

How many Mega Mans is they on the compilation? :whistle2:k
I really do want to play MM with the wii remote turned sideways (like how Yukine plays with me :cool:), but I could wait until Mega Man 9

MMAC is 1-8 plus extras. I don't remember which extra games are on there.

The comparison pictures make the AC look awful. I'm tempted to buy the Wii MM1 and run the PS2 AC through my PS3 to see for myself what it's like.

[quote name='Halo05']The comparison pictures make the AC look awful. I'm tempted to buy the Wii MM1 and run the PS2 AC through my PS3 to see for myself what it's like.[/QUOTE]

Aside from a bit of a "fading" effect on the colors, I didn't see too much of a difference.

At least, not enough difference to make me want to toss my GC collection disk in favor of buying these for $5. If the GC disk didn't exist, then the MegaMans released on VC would be no brainers.

[quote name='snipegod']Aside from a bit of a "fading" effect on the colors, I didn't see too much of a difference.

At least, not enough difference to make me want to toss my GC collection disk in favor of buying these for $5. If the GC disk didn't exist, then the MegaMans released on VC would be no brainers.[/QUOTE]

The GameCube ones look brighter/more saturated to me, and there's a bit of the screen cut off by the borders. Not reason enough for me to abandon the collection, though - on my college student income, the disc was and is a much better idea, even if it isn't perfect.

It's not just the colors.
Background "textures" or whatever seem blown up, and just off.

Anywho, AC is a worthwhile collection as it's so cheap these days.

Wow Mega Man. Nice week since that came out, although the original ranks 5 out of 6 for me for NES megaman games :lol:.

Still after seeing those comparison videos I am slightly tempted to pick it up since Megaman 1-6 are some of my favorite games ever and the CC = win.

I'll be picking up Mega Man the compilation for $5.55 tomorrow :cool:

I just wish there was a way to play it without the GCN controller :cry:

Ah. I once dated someone who made me call him the Thrustmaster but that's a whole other thread.

I know it's gotten decent reviews but that really doesn't appeal to me much.. I have gamecube controllers (both wired and wavebirds).

I guess I'll just have to make due with a GCN controller :(

40404.jpg

?

if you can find it, that is.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Aren't the buttons reversed in Megaman Anniversary Collection on the GC? If so, the VC version is the one for me.[/quote]
Yep. It's a perfectly serviceable compilation but that plus being able to use an NES style controller steers me towards the VC.

Played Mega Man today and got my ass handed to me :cry:

My BF found a complete used copy at Gamestop.. yes, original case AND manual for $5! :whee:
The GCN isn't too bad, so it's ok.

I would have bought neo turf masters if the psp and wii comps weren't out already. The funny thing is turf masters is better than all the wii games made but about 3 or 4 of em. Would be great to see some releases of games that can't be found easily. The wii games are failing hard and the way the vc is going a lot of people might sell there wii's before the good stuff comes out. Where are the good snes and 64 games? I hope they made a lot of money on that old nes game baseball, it plays like heaven.

Downloaded Mega Man this afternoon and thought I would give it a quick spin. It has literally been since '87 or '88 since I have played the original and I forgot how insanely hard it is. I managed to beat Cut Man, but that was it.

I also thought I remembered a password saving system, but maybe that was implemented in Mega Man 2? Luckily the save states on the VC games combined with unlimited continues should work well enough.

I'm in the same situation as you Arthur!! I haven't played these games since..the 80s and 90s!!

Between 1-8, what's generally considered the best one?
Between 1-8, what's considered the EASIEST?

I think I'll play that one first to get me back into the swing of things.
Anyone here getting Mega Man 9 on both WiiWare and XBLA? I want achievements, even though they will be hard.. :lol: But I want to play with the controller sideways :cool:

[quote name='lilboo']

Between 1-8, what's generally considered the best one?
Between 1-8, what's considered the EASIEST?
[/quote]

It's really debatable over which one is best, but from my experience I have heard from many people Megaman 2 is the best (although my favorite is still 4).

Now easiest would probably go to Megaman 4 for me. I don't know about you guys but for me Megaman 4 didn't have that one super hard ass level like the others had although 6 is almost as easy.

All the talk of the original Mega Man made me break out my NES cartridge and play it again. And just like I remembered, I breezed through the first four levels and then hit a brick wall when I got to those flying platforms in the second half of Ice Man's stage. I never could get past that, and I still can't. :bomb:

I only have MM 1 and 3 though, so that Anniversary Collection sounds tempting. I'll have to keep my eye out for a copy.

I've got one of those Hori gamecube controllers that look like the SNES pads. It is pretty cool, but I'm so damn spoiled with wireless technology that I just don't use it.

[quote name='Yaxley']All the talk of the original Mega Man made me break out my NES cartridge and play it again. And just like I remembered, I breezed through the first four levels and then hit a brick wall when I got to those flying platforms in the second half of Ice Man's stage. I never could get past that, and I still can't. :bomb:

I only have MM 1 and 3 though, so that Anniversary Collection sounds tempting. I'll have to keep my eye out for a copy.[/quote]

Heh. I jumped back into it tonight and beat everyone but Ice Man and Guts Man. I too am stuck at the flying platforms. I'll give Ice Man another shot tomorrow.

lilboo, for MMAC, there used to be a GCN controller that allowed you to macro-switch the buttons at any time (in short, you can switch the B and A button assignments back to the NES style). Finding it might require a bit of detective work enought (I got mine before Sony shut down Lik Sang)

[quote name='lilboo']I'll take it off your hands :nottalking:
:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was kicking around the idea of giving it to you on the cheap until I checked eBay. The last one sold for over $50! I had no idea I was sitting on such an expensive controller.

[quote name='Halo05']Well, it sounds like being you and fifty dollars will get you that nice new controller.[/QUOTE]

Being him and $50 has gotten boo a lot of things in life. :shock:

I wish VC games supported USB. I have SNES USB adapter, so I can use my favourite old controller with the red marker stains :whee:

Also, i know I'll get a lot of guff for this, but I've never played a megaman game. i'll get the compliation lilboo has and get into it before MM9 comes out

[quote name='yukine']Seems like a lot of people are picking up the Anniversary Collection suddenly.

I GUESS IT WASN'T THAT OBVIOUS BOO![/QUOTE]

BECAUSE of me! :nottalking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back