Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

Final Fantasy VI is one of the best FF games hands down. I'm thinking of buying it and playing it again. It holds up really well for being such an old game.

Yukine is just mad Barky Bark is dead.

Get over it. That puppy was a bitch. Literally! Meanwhile I was leading an underground resistance force against a mad tyrant and his insane underlings.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD - THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured games:

WiiWare:
Just JAM - Pick up that Wii Remote™ controller and get ready to mix, match and lay down your own tunes. Just JAM offers a live music experience featuring your favorite genres and cool artists. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop + Nintendo DSiWare™:
Jewel Keepers: Easter Island - With mind-blowing visuals and an engaging storyline, this game will keep you entertained for hours as you travel across Easter Island and help to unravel its mysteries. (For Nintendo 3DS™ / Nintendo DSi™)

Nintendo eShop:
Fortified Zone - Originally released in 1991, this action game allows two characters to be used alternately. Secret agents Masato and Mizuki have been dispatched to infiltrate and destroy an enemy fortress. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:

• Qix™ (Nintendo eShop)
• Make Up & Style (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Roller Angels (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Farm Frenzy (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)

About 3 years late on final fantasy 3 nintendo. I'd buy it today but my paltry hd is full and i don't want to delete a second shooter.

If anyone has extra points to spend, definitely check out Super Adventure Island 2 for SNES which was put up today. It's a non-linear adventure platformer with some RPG-ish elements, totally different from the rest of the series, and it was quickly forgotten about after it's release. It really is one of the best platformers on the console though.

[quote name='Mr. 420']About 3 years late on final fantasy 3 nintendo. I'd buy it today but my paltry hd is full and i don't want to delete a second shooter.[/QUOTE]

Buy a super cheap SD card and migrate stuff to it. My Wii is split up by systems. All my NES and SNES games are on the internal memory, every other system/Wiiware is on a ~$8 SD card.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS FOR SEPT. 15, 2011

Sept. 15, 2011

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

WiiWare™
MotoHeroz – Racing game thrills meet platformer charm in MotoHeroz, a side-scrolling racer built with simple controls and engaging physics. The result is a new kind of racing adventure. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop
Mega Man™: Dr. Wily’s Revenge – Play as Capcom’s iconic cybernetic superhero in his first portable adventure. Fight through four stages and send Dr. Wily and his eight evil robot creations back to the trash heap. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo Video™
Blue Man Group Foley Part 1 – Every step you take, every move you make. It’s like air guitar on steroids, but something just isn’t right… This offering for the Nintendo Video service becomes available today at 3 p.m. Pacific time. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™
Defense of the Middle Kingdom – Place stationary soldiers on the map in an effort to thwart oncoming forces. Enemies will come in waves, trying to invade your territory. Keep them from reaching the end of the path to secure victory. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

Also new this week:
• Bridge (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)

Probably not, the VC is dead as fuck and most Wiiware games are pants-shittingly bad.

Get Castlevania Rebirth if you don't already have it.

VC looks dead to me, too.

I check every so often just to see if they released any Nintendo Arcade titles to VC (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Bros) - They seem like naturals but no, they never do.

Checked this morning and it looks like there's been one or two VC releases this year and just a few more last year. I think they've given up on it.

You know what would have been so cool... Nintendo should have released VC games on their original schedule, say +15 years. That would put some buzz back into the VC.

[quote name='soonersfan60']You know what would have been so cool... Nintendo should have released VC games on their original schedule, say +15 years. That would put some buzz back into the VC.[/QUOTE]

That would've been really cool. Many old games didn't have super-firm release dates but they could do stuff like a holiday rush with games appearing in at least the appropriate month (For example, I think FF III was October of 1994).

[quote name='soonersfan60']You know what would have been so cool... Nintendo should have released VC games on their original schedule, say +15 years. That would put some buzz back into the VC.[/QUOTE]

It took me a couple reads to even understand what you were suggesting because it's such an outside-the-box idea. I love it!

I'd be in, but only if they could replicate the "chip shortages" of 1988 that caused most consumers to have a really hard time finding copies of SMB2 and Zelda 2 (at least in my memory), among others.

Maybe only 10% of Wii consumers, randomly selected, would have it show up in their store, and more and more will have it appear as the weeks go by. Yeah?

I mean, what's all this nonsense about reliving the experience if we can't relive the "you found it? nah, me either?. wait, you did? where the fuck? oh, at a Super X store? no shit?" fanaticism of the NES era.

I found the SNES Ogre Battle like that. It was nuts. No major store had it, no one knew what I was talking about when I called, I knew the game existed but without the internet, no one else did. Then I randomly called Starland Videogames and started what turned out to be a very long relationship between them as a store and me as a customer.

I don't know if I'd like to try and digitally hunt down a copy of something to buy, but as time goes on, I do think the digital download business model needs something more. For example, if I got a PS3 today and I owned no games for it, wandering onto the PSN with, say $20 would be overwhelming. I'd be greeted by dozens of games that I want to buy and no real way to pick where to start. I'm not saying that I want games to vanish from digital storefronts but something will eventually change, I'm just not smart enough to know what it will be.

[quote name='Halo05']Then I randomly called Starland Videogames and started what turned out to be a very long relationship between them as a store and me as a customer.[/QUOTE]

david-tomlinson-couple-holding-hands-at-sunset-over-the-bay-of-alcudia-mallorca-balearic-islands-spain.jpg

What? Not on topic? Please. Blame Nintendo for turning their DD model into a ghetto.

...a month and half later, we still haven't gotten any new VC games.

And to think that I felt the original Xbox had an undignified death.

It wouldn't bug me if there weren't some glaring loose ends sitting around on the VC but at least finish the franchises that have at least a few entries on the VC. I'm looking at you Mega Man and MMX. I think Konami said they were done with the VC which is terrible because there's no Castlevania Bloodlines or Contra up yet.

I don't really understand Nintendo's position on the VC. They did seem to push it at the beginning as a selling point. I can understand about other companies' games, perhaps, but there are lots of Nintendo's own games we never got. Even if the sales aren't great, it can't cost them much to "convert" them and make them available. And if they had done better at the beginning (including things like giving original Wii buyers the first SMB/Duck Hunt combo or something as a free VC download), then they would have gotten people involved and used to doing it early on, and maybe kept them interested. They did a few releases of the original on VC right before releasing the re-done version at retail. But not nearly enough! Such a wasted opportunity.

Has there been any word about how Virtual Console will migrate to the Wii U? Has any games "journalist" actually asked about whether Nintendo might move to a system where purchases are tied to the user rather than the console?

With the exception of TMNT, I imagine they'll all transfer over to Wii U. I doubt Nintendo will make an account-based system though, as there isn't one for the eShop.

Nintendo just needs to push their online shop more, and that's how they'll get more digital goods. In addition, they need an account system. It's the main reason why sales on WSC stopped because people ran into the issue of their systems dying and they couldn't transfer them over to a new system.

[quote name='KingBroly']With the exception of TMNT, I imagine they'll all transfer over to Wii U. I doubt Nintendo will make an account-based system though, as there isn't one for the eShop.

Nintendo just needs to push their online shop more, and that's how they'll get more digital goods. In addition, they need an account system. It's the main reason why sales on WSC stopped because people ran into the issue of their systems dying and they couldn't transfer them over to a new system.[/QUOTE]

That and they saw the sales on SMB All Stars and wondered "hey, I think we're onto something here, cha-ching".

I wouldn't complain.

Hell, I thought the $30 rerelease of SMB All-stars was cool mostly because of the fancy packaging. I realize it's just a rom on a disc but I never thought we'd see that much.

New game choices up for Club Nintendo. The only VC choice is Majora's Mask for 150 coins and the only Wiiware choice is Dr. Mario Online... RX? It's 100 coins. Both through Jan. 31.

[quote name='Halo05']I wouldn't complain.

New game choices up for Club Nintendo. The only VC choice is Majora's Mask for 150 coins and the only Wiiware choice is Dr. Mario Online... RX? It's 100 coins. Both through Jan. 31.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! I have 230 coins from I don't even remember when. And you're saying I can get games with them? Sweet!

How long have they been giving away games for coins? What did they give away in the past?

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='mykevermin']I think this is only the second month.[/QUOTE]

Awww, crap. They had Super Mario Kart and Fluidity last month. Ah well. Still, very happy with Majora's Mask. I've been meaning to go back and play that one again. There was one fairy I never found in the Water palace and it's been nagging me for a long, long time.

Mega Man X2 last week

Double Dragon 2 this week

MADNESS I TELLS YA, MADNESS!

All we need now is TMNT 2: The Arcade Game and the circle will be complete.

Frankly I would like to see "SoulBlazer", "Terranigma" and the "7th Saga" games. Of all the games NOT to include yet "Terranigma" seems a no brainer as it was translated into English but just never got a release here.

La Mulana is out!

Went ahead and downloaded it. Still have 4000 points left thanks to that Pepsi promotion a year plus back. Waiting for Retro City Rampage.

How does Last Blade play? Considering that the other ports of the game were based on the Neo Geo CD version, that has good music but crappy load times, this must be based on the MVS version right?

I would've at least grabbed the first one if I knew they were going away.

Although if they show up in a compilation, I'll be thrilled beyond belief.

I'm calling it... HD re-makes of all 3 NES versions, plus original arcade version that appeared in DK64... and as an added bonus, you can download the GB 100 level version if you register your game with Club Nintendo. ;)

I thought I remember someone saying that this may have happened before (perhaps with DKC, perhaps some other first/second party games) where the issue was that something had to be negotiated regarding the license or something else legal related.

I could see the compilation route as well.

Probably would have grabbed at least DKC if I had known about them being taken down.

[quote name='Strell']I thought I remember someone saying that this may have happened before (perhaps with DKC, perhaps some other first/second party games) where the issue was that something had to be negotiated regarding the license or something else legal related.

I could see the compilation route as well.

Probably would have grabbed at least DKC if I had known about them being taken down.[/QUOTE]

There is no licensing issues with the DKC games though. Nintendo owns everything about them. I've been told this first hand. It's more likely they were taken down because they look completely awful now.

And no, there is no Wii U eShop thread...yet.

[quote name='KingBroly']There is no licensing issues with the DKC games though. Nintendo owns everything about them. I've been told this first hand. It's more likely they were taken down because they look completely awful now.

And no, there is no Wii U eShop thread...yet.[/QUOTE]

I recently heard that it could be from licensing stuff they have to do with Rare/MS due to including the games on Wii U, they had to redo the licenses and takes them off Wii until that happens. That they have to license something that has to do with it despite Nintendo owning all of DKC entirely. Maybe just the fact that the name Rareware is included.

It's unfortunate that we cannot put in here trades for Wii points because although you have the proper folder for that, what's the point of doing so where there isn't a thread to trade Wii points. I mean you have Club Nintendo code, Wii game and Wii U game trade threads and you can post them but it would be easier to list one instead of having it scattered and by the way, both Microsoft and Sony has their points trade thread, so why not Nintendo points trade thread.

Anyways, the games released over the years by Nintendo were all right and still have a lot of fun.

Damn, I wish I'd known last year that SimCity for SNES was going to be taken down from the VC. Always intended to pick it up at some point, but apparently it was pulled from the store in January. :(

I am a little confused about the Wii U as far as the Virtual Console games. Are all the games released on the VC for the Wii available to download on the Wii U? I am thinking of picking up a Wii U and I'd love to grab Ocarina of Time to start off with.

I am a little confused about the Wii U as far as the Virtual Console games. Are all the games released on the VC for the Wii available to download on the Wii U? I am thinking of picking up a Wii U and I'd love to grab Ocarina of Time to start off with.
Sadly no. The Wii and WiiU have 2 different libraries for their own Virtual Consoles.

Sadly no. The Wii and WiiU have 2 different libraries for their own Virtual Consoles.
Right, but just to be clear, you can still get those Wii VC games on your Wii U - but it has to be in Wii mode with separate Wii Points money on the Wii shop.

bread's done
Back