Wii Sports Resort $18.99 at deepdiscount.com

Looks like it should have been just the Wii MotionPlus. May be worth a try. Does anyone have experience with Deepdiscount honoring price mistakes?

I think Jayrcee is right...Nice find if they actually honor it..I'm in.

EDIT: Notice the release date on the main page of the product though. States release date of June 8th. The game doesn't come out until late July.

EDIT: Notice the release date on the main page of the product though. States release date of June 8th. The game doesn't come out until late July.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Under "Game Requirements," however:

Who knows...[/QUOTE]

Yep, and I think just the MotionPlus accessory comes out on 6/08. So they will probably send us out the MotionPlus and then we would have to fool with having to send it back. If both items were being released on the same day, I think I would try it.

Ordered one. This would be awesome if it went through. Hopefully people don't try to order 45 of them to try to make a buck.

Yeah I ordered one and this is what the confirmation email says:

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 WII089033 WII: MOTION PLUS $ 18.99 Pre-order

So I guess I'm going to try to cancel.

[quote name='PeteyPie75']Yeah I ordered one and this is what the confirmation email says:

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 WII089033 WII: MOTION PLUS $ 18.99 Pre-order

So I guess I'm going to try to cancel.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the email does say that, but when you check your order status on the site, it still says "Wii Sports Resort". If they just send out the WM+ without any kind of notification, that's just dirty. I'll wait for them to send out correction emails. If not, I'll bitch when they ship me the wrong item and they can pay the return shipping. I also took screen caps of the pages in case they switch it up later and claim that I just "misread".

Don't waste your time. I'll be absolutely shocked if you actually get a copy of Wii Sports Resort out of this in any way.

I was thinking about it, and I don't think it's even worth making an account. I just see myself getting blasted by spam in my e-mail.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']I was thinking about it, and I don't think it's even worth making an account. I just see myself getting blasted by spam in my e-mail.[/QUOTE]

They (DDD) hit me 2-3 times a week. I got a confirmation email for a WiiMotion plus also. :bomb:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']DDD cancels orders if the wind blows the wrong way. In for one just in case.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, I honestly expect it to be cancelled. The only way I can see this going bad is if they just ship the WM+ without any notification that a mistake was made and it is what we will be receiving. But as I've said, I think that's dirty. I don't have a problem with companies making mistakes. But not owning up to it is like pulling a bait and switch.

I no longer deal with deepdiscount after experiencing very very late delays in shipping with no explanation (along with hardly any customer service). After many attempts at getting an answer why my products were not being shipped, they just canceled my order and ignored my pleas. Good luck, but I doubt they'll stick to this whatsoever.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Deep discount is one of the poorer sites to deal with, especially after sf4 fiasco.. Not willing to even chance it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... don't try and take advantage of them - they will not allow it.

There is a problem with what was submitted:

1. This item is no longer available.

^--- expect cancellations soon

I got a pending charge for $18.99 today. Anyone still holding on to their orders? I'm really close to cancelling the order but don't know if I should.

I asked about it in an email, and this is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We do apologize for any inconveniences. The item you currently have on order is for Wii Sports Resort. We are showing that there is an error in our system along with our website that is currently in the process of being fixed. However, you may cancel your order as of now and wait until our website is update to assure you that the correct item is ordered or you may keep the item you have on order as of now.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

I canceled.

The response I received is worded differently:

"We do apologize for the confusion. Please be assured that you will be receiving your original ordered item. We have a different description for the item in our system. If you still wish to cancel the item please reply back. "

The "original ordered item" being Wii Sports Resort, not Wii Motion Plus.

Heh, I tried to cancel and they reassured me that the items are one and the same. I have no doubt that they are wrong, but we'll see what happens.

They said: "We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have looked into the said issue for you. Wii sports resort and Wii Motion plus are the exact same item."

Uh . . . ok. They probably confirmed that the item number in the email matches the item number on the website, which it does, WII089033, but that just means it's wrong somewhere along the line.

So, basically, this means they STILL don't know that they fucked up. What are they going to do when they ship a bunch of orders in a couple days that have NOTHING to do with Wii Sports Resort? As of right now, the answers you guys have been given (even the first guy) seem to indicate that you'll receive your "originally ordered item". Key word there being "ordered". We all ordered Wii Sports Resort. It will be really interesting to see how they backpedal from this one, lol :)

Following the link takes you to a page where it says the product no longer exists, and neither Wii Sports Resort or Wii Motion Plus can be found by a search. Not good signs.

Whew, thought I missed out on an excellent deal. Thank you for just being a mistake on the website. GL to those hoping to get resort.

Just got my cancellation:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your recent order for Wii: Sports Resort. Unfortunately, due
to a technical error beyond our control, we are unable to process your
order for this item. The content page of the Wii: Sports Resort featured
an incorrect image and title line and therefore cannot be processed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Deep Discount.com

So did I. Interestingly enough, this is a week after the person I emailed told me that it WAS in fact Wii Sports Resort and to not worry.

bread's done
Back