Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

Zorn

CAGiversary!
This involves going to both Best Buy and EBgames. Here's what you do:

First, print off two of the "$5 off any Wii game" coupons here: http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coupons1hf5.jpg

Then, go into Best Buy, and pick up Open Season and Far Cry: Instincts. These games are both $19.99, and if you use the $5 off coupons on them they are $15 each. Note that you may have to buy one at the customer service counter then buy the other one at the regular register since the same person might not let you use 2 coupons at once. Plus as a bonus, if you're a RewardZone member, you get the points on those games.

Then go to EBgames, they have a promotion going on until 4/15 where if you trade in any 2 Wii games, you get one for free, maximum value $49.99. So you trade in your two newly acquired $15 games and walk out with a $50 Super Paper Mario. All done!

Sure, it takes going to two stores, but if where you live is anything like me, the EBgames and Best Buy are basically right next door to each other.

[quote name='Wlogan31']This sucks - combined one copy of the two games at my BB's...no deal for me :([/quote]

You realize you can still buy one at BB for $15, and the other at a GS/EB for $20, and it's still nabbing you SPM for only $35?

I tried both EB & Gamestop...both said that they weren't accepting Open Season or Farcry for this offer. :( Their managers must be CAG's too!

Tried to do it after both the manager and another employee told me no exclusions...then some dude pops up with a binder and says, "Yes, there are exclusions!!"

Curses.

I figured it's only like 15.00 worth of savings and went and bought it somewhere else.

(this was a couple days ago btw)

Just wanted to let ya'll know that the deal DID work for me on 4/15! I guess I just caught a lucky store, I called the guy yesterday morning and asked him flat out if they were still doing to 2 for 1 Wii deal.

When he said yes I asked him if there were any exclusions and he said something like, "No, in fact, bring all your used games and DVDs to Gamestop. We give great prices and blah blah blah..." I just said ok and hung up. My Best Buy had one copy of Farcry and no copies of Open Season. I picked up the Farcry and combined that with some Rapala Pro Fishing that I got for Christmas. (I knew that game would come in handy for something!) and he took it almost right away at my local Gamestop in NW Houston.

I think I'm lucky as I live in one of the biggest cities in the United States that has virtually no CAGs besides me.

I would've told ya'll yesterday but I ended up playing SPM for, like, seven hours.

I can see the future. Top Wii games for April:

1. Super Paper Mario
2. Open Season
3. Farcry

lol

I called one GameStop earlier. Asked if they were doing the 2 for 1 deal on Wii games. Guy said no, which was odd. I knew he didn't have any idea what he was talking about and ended it there.

Called a closer GameStop. They informed me today was the final day. I then asked if there were any exclusions. None at all. Went in. Dropped off Far Cry and Open Season. Got Super Paper Mario.

[quote name='sqyxzylyx']I can see the future. Top Wii games for April:

1. Super Paper Mario
2. Open Season
3. Farcry[/quote]

Hilarious ! But may also actually be useful, telling publishers they need to release budget priced titles to spur sales.

[quote name='lanleague']The coupons say "No Copies" on them.[/quote]
None of the stores actually bother to read that and pretty much always accept copies.

[quote name='lanleague']The coupons say "No Copies" on them.[/quote]

Not after I (and the magic of MS Paint or Photoshop) get through with them!

bread's done
Back