Wii: to Ebay or not to Ebay?

xcoax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
So, I got a system about a week ago from Amazon when they did that customers pick sale thing. Honestly other than Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers I can't think of a single game that I want for it.

Every time I go to open the box I'm thinking "man, I bet theres some kid out there that really wants one of these for Christmas" when I just kinda want it just to have one.

I don't want to be one of those $500 buy it now kinda people, I just want it to have a good home. What do you all think? $0.01 starting bid with no reserve? or should I just do a buy it now for like $300 to cover tax and shipping?

[quote name='xcoax']So, I got a system about a week ago from Amazon when they did that customers pick sale thing. Honestly other than Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers I can't think of a single game that I want for it.

Every time I go to open the box I'm thinking "man, I bet theres some kid out there that really wants one of these for Christmas" when I just kinda want it just to have one.

I don't want to be one of those $500 buy it now kinda people, I just want it to have a good home. What do you all think? $0.01 starting bid with no reserve? or should I just do a buy it now for like $300 to cover tax and shipping?[/quote]
3 day listing. if your bundle is just the system itself. you should just put it as BIN @ $400 + shipping.

If you really want some kid to have it without scalping, then ask around and see if you know any one who would buy it for retail. If you put it at $0.01 no reserve, some rich partent will buy it for $500. If you put it at $300, most likely it will be bought to be resold on ebay for $500.

I've got a used one that I'm selling for christmas money. Thought about throwing it on ebay and then realized that between family and co workers that someone would want it. Charging $300 for the system + wiimote. I got my fun out of it and get to make $10 now.

[quote name='phear3d']3 day listing. if your bundle is just the system itself. you should just put it as BIN @ $400 + shipping.[/QUOTE]

$400 is essentially the opposite of what I want to do. I don't want to be a typical Ebay scalper. I want to sell it as close to cost as possible though making $50-ish wouldn't be terrible.

[quote name='pinoy530']If you really want some kid to have it without scalping, then ask around and see if you know any one who would buy it for retail. If you put it at $0.01 no reserve, some rich partent will buy it for $500. If you put it at $300, most likely it will be bought to be resold on ebay for $500.[/QUOTE]

Being a 22 year old college kid, I don't know too many people with kids. haha
I guess short of hanging around Best Buy and waiting until some mother asks if they've got some Wiis in the back to offer mine to there isn't much I can do. (not to mention I think thats illegal).

EDIT: I've seen those Buy it Now or Best Offer auctions before... If I were to make it some arbitrary large number and then tell my story, do you think I could put it into the right hands that way? Like put it for something stupid like $10,000 and then say I want it to go to a worthy home, and not just the bidder with the deepest pockets?

Please sell it to me for $270? I really have wanted to get one for Christmas and there is absolutely no way for me to find one. I have been using a Wii tracker for ages. If you can find it in your heart to sell it to me it would be EXTREMELY appreciated. :D

or whatever price you want to for shipping and stuff. I would be immensely happy.

[quote name='xcoax']So, I got a system about a week ago from Amazon when they did that customers pick sale thing. Honestly other than Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers I can't think of a single game that I want for it.

I don't want to be one of those $500 buy it now kinda people, I just want it to have a good home. What do you all think? $0.01 starting bid with no reserve? or should I just do a buy it now for like $300 to cover tax and shipping?[/quote]
I'm after a Wii, and if you care about hooking someone up who needs one I'll buy it for your full retail, plus shipping.

Don't contribute to the problem, don't be a fucking dick like some people on CAG and sell your Wii on eBay.

OR if you must, your idea of $300 to cover tax/shipping, imo, is rather fair.

let me know

[quote name='briansraregames']Start it at $0.99, run it for 3 days, see what you get, and donate everything over $250(or $300) to the Child's Play charity.[/quote]

Awesome idea, though the idea of selling it to someone with kids who can't afford to pay $100+ over retail is really nice.

OP, ever think about putting it on craigslist with your idea? I'm sure there'd be a lot of greedy adults after it, but you could probably weed people out.

Good luck.

Just list it at a penny. If it goes for way more than you expect or wanted, give a little love to Childs Play. Keep in mind Ebay and Paypal fees will be like $30-35.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']So any thoughts on this? I am still really anxious lol.[/quote]

try and sell it locally to someone. Other choice you have is to go to a Walmart and see if there are any parents With children looking and offer it for $300 cash.

Most of the scum on ebay that can get it for $300 will scalp it again, so your best bet then is just to put a reserve of $400 and let it go that way.

at least you know it won't be scalped again.

I love the idea of donating any proceeds >$300 to the CAG charity drive. If you do end up putting it on Ebay I'd say 1-day auction. Nobody will look at it until there are

I actually like the idea of the Child's play donation.

Thats it, I'm doing that. $.01 starting bid, no reserve, and then I'll donate the extra to the charity. That way even if some scalper gets it, at least his money is going to a good cause. I'll put the auction link up after I post it.

[quote name='xcoax']I actually like the idea of the Child's play donation.

Thats it, I'm doing that. $.01 starting bid, no reserve, and then I'll donate the extra to the charity. That way even if some scalper gets it, at least his money is going to a good cause. I'll put the auction link up after I post it.[/quote]

:cry: Oh well, hopefully the auction doesn't go too high. Maybe I still have a shot at it.

bread's done
Back