Wii U 8GB in-stock at GameStop (32GB sold out)

I bought one, but I'm going to be returning it next week. I bought it without deciding on whether or not I wanted it, and decided there really are no games I'm interested in, so no point in me blowing almost $400 for a system that is going to sit and collect dust. I'll get one when big-time RPGs start coming out for it. Whenever that may be.

I have a feeling you'll be able to find one for $150-$200 sooner than people think. This thing has to be selling terribly.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I bought one, but I'm going to be returning it next week. I bought it without deciding on whether or not I wanted it, and decided there really are no games I'm interested in, so no point in me blowing almost $400 for a system that is going to sit and collect dust. I'll get one when big-time RPGs start coming out for it. Whenever that may be.[/QUOTE]

I will be ready to buy one for Monster Hunter Ultimate for sure.

[quote name='choffy21']I have a feeling you'll be able to find one for $150-$200 sooner than people think. This thing has to be selling terribly.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, do people just talk out their ass?

What proof do you have its selling bad?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I bought one, but I'm going to be returning it next week. I bought it without deciding on whether or not I wanted it, and decided there really are no games I'm interested in, so no point in me blowing almost $400 for a system that is going to sit and collect dust. I'll get one when big-time RPGs start coming out for it. Whenever that may be.[/QUOTE]

this times 100.

[quote name='Deader2818']Honestly, do people just talk out their ass?

What proof do you have its selling bad?[/QUOTE]

i thought the same thing.

At this point, nobody has any idea what sales are like.

It's conjecture, but this is a home console that launched within the last week that you can still go into a lot of stores and outright buy either version, and several places have had it frequently in-stock online. Compare this to the last home console launches of the Wii, PS3, or 360; they were extremely hard to get for months, and the Wii even longer.

They either managed to way overship, or it's not selling. If it's just not selling, it's debatable as to why; either people just don't want this thing, or it's the fact that people just aren't aware it's out (seems to have gotten little mainstream coverage or advertising).

It's all anecdotal evidence. Many of us have been through a lot of console launches and this one has all the signs of a soft launch. Have you seen other launches? I don't understand why people argue this. Of course no one knows for sure but we know what a launch with WAY more demand than supply looks like and this is most definitely NOT it.

That's not to say that "I" personally believe the deluxe will be easy to find but I do agree with the previous poster that the console's MSRP will drop next year when the other console(s) launch. I'd expect a minimum of $50 less.

edit: Even on the giantbombcast that came out on Tuesday they talk about this. So it's not just gamers on forums that have noticed this.

[quote name='choffy21']I have a feeling you'll be able to find one for $150-$200 sooner than people think. This thing has to be selling terribly.[/QUOTE]

Are you high?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Even if it is selling bad, it is not going to drop by 50% or more in price "soon"(whatever soon means).[/QUOTE]

I'd expect at least 50 off for the next holiday season in order to have any kind of chance of competing. That would put the console at 250/300 depending on the unit. Compared to a $400 much more power Xbox or PS4, no one is going to buy a 350 Wii U. I could POSSIBLY see it dropping to 200/250 but that's less likely considering Nintendo is taking a loss on this hardware and they really never do that..

[quote name='Blaster man']I'd expect at least 50 off for the next holiday season in order to have any kind of chance of competing. That would put the console at 250/300 depending on the unit. Compared to a $400 much more power Xbox or PS4, no one is going to buy a 350 Wii U. I could POSSIBLY see it dropping to 200/250 but that's less likely considering Nintendo is taking a loss on this hardware and they really never do that..[/QUOTE]

ummm yeah, that's a far cry from 50%. :roll:

The horrid reviews and multitudes of out-of-box issues people have been reporting might have something to do with it.

But that's just me talking out of my ass. I didn't read any of tha anywhere online first, nooooo.

[quote name='confoosious']ummm yeah, that's a far cry from 50%. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I didn't agree with his numbers, just with a price drop. I don't think they'll have much choice next year. While I don't know about the PS4 coming out, I think it's pretty well accepted that the next Xbox is out next year and that's going to put the Wii U in a bad place at this price point.

yes! buy a current gen tech BRAND new system for $350 dollars! i seriously need to get a job at Nintendo just to figure out their brain wash secret o_O..

Depends though. he next xbox hasnt been sounding like anything to exciting. Esp if they actually go through with no optical drive and a way to lock out used games.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Even if it is selling bad, it is not going to drop by 50% or more in price "soon"(whatever soon means).[/QUOTE]

I could see the base model being $200 somewhere before 2014. Maybe not MSRP, but you'll be able to buy a new one for that during a sale or something. Like someone said in here, the availability of this console immediately after it's launch is putting a negative perception in my eyes, and after people see just how much more powerful the "Xbox 720" (always hated that name) and the PS4 will be, it'll sell even worse.

Not only that, Sony could replicate the Wii U tablet idea with the Vita (as well as the Move), and Microsoft has their own unique control scheme with the Kinect. I think Nintendo missed the mark, and I'd be shocked if they recapture the casual market like they did with the Wii, since most of the households that bought one have it collecting dust right now.

[quote name='Deader2818']Depends though. he next xbox hasnt been sounding like anything to exciting. Esp if they actually go through with no optical drive and a way to lock out used games.[/QUOTE]

That's all bullshit.

[quote name='confoosious']ummm yeah, that's a far cry from 50%. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You know they have a $300 version out there, right?

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']yes! buy a current gen tech BRAND new system for $350 dollars! i seriously need to get a job at Nintendo just to figure out their brain wash secret o_O..[/QUOTE]

No kidding! You can get a loaded XBox 360 or PS3 this holiday for only $200, way cheaper than this. And those have huge libraries of A+ games. No choice at all, stick with the other two current-gen systems!

Surprisingly, no forced bundles, they seem content just to try to sell the systems with no funny business.

[quote name='Deader2818']Depends though. he next xbox hasnt been sounding like anything to exciting. Esp if they actually go through with no optical drive and a way to lock out used games.[/QUOTE]

All rumors. Just like the latest that talk about a quad core proc, 8gb ram, and a bd drive. link

The 3DS did, bought it newish for $119 from AWD in less than a year. I think this is less original/desired tech than that.

when the Wii launched it was close to impossible to get your hands on 1, right know you can go to pretty much any retail store and find plenty of Wii U consoles in the shelf, i was in bestbuy today and the guy at gaming told me they were surprised at how poor this thing is doing

I think people are going to be pretty let down with how "powerful" the next xbox and ps will be.

Wait till after this weekend and see if you can find Wii U easily.

Also, with Vita and a PS3 you would need to spend 500 dollars just to get the same thing as a Wii U and Smart glass is horrible since it has no buttons.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']yes! buy a current gen tech BRAND new system for $350 dollars! i seriously need to get a job at Nintendo just to figure out their brain wash secret o_O..[/QUOTE]

The secret to their brainwashing are their copious amounts of fun, exclusive, first party video games and constant innovation. No fanboy, either. Just truth.

NSMBU and NintendoLand are quality video gaming experiences that can only be found on the Wii U right now.

Although I'd love one, there's no way this gets a price drop in only a year after release.

It's wishful thinking that they'll pull another 3DS and lower the price so soon.

Like others in this thread, I'll hold off until the console has multiple titles I want to play.

At least in my area, I'm literally (not sugarcoating this number) am getting a call for it every 10-15 minutes with at least one guest asking for it in store in the same time frame. From my perspective, this thing is selling great and have suggested to people to buy one if they see it. This may not be as hard to find as the Wii, but the demand for it is still high.

Its not really a case of the Wii U not selling though. It launched, places sold out of their launch allotment and have now re stocked.

Most people that didn't get one at launch just assumed that they wouldn't be able to find one again for awhile.

Really, if this is still easy to find after this weekend,then maybe its a poor sale.

So far reviews have been pretty good, and Nintendo said in advance that they'd make sure there was plenty of stock to avoid another Wii disaster, so I'd say good on Nintendo for this launch. Anyone hoping for a price drop the first year though will be sorely disappointed. They learned their lesson with the 3DS launch and are already selling this at a loss.

[quote name='cleaver']The 3DS did, bought it newish for $119 from AWD in less than a year. I think this is less original/desired tech than that.[/QUOTE]

yes, because used from AWD should totally count as 50% off. :roll:

i say 2014 before you see RPG games on it

i already have one system what is a paperweight (the vita) dont need another

[quote name='Blaster man']You know what would convince me to buy a Wii U RIGHT NOW instead of me waiting for the price drop? UPCONVERT THE fuckING WII GAMES[/QUOTE]

Cmon its thanksgiving. But ya i agree, go watch skyward sword comparison.

Thats part of it to, lol. Its like, oh, there is a shortage? Thats only because Nintendo is holding back to build hype not because its popular!

Oh this is actually being manufactured well? That means its a piece of shit and its selling badly!

Is not that the Wii U is selling bad, is that Nintendo got the launch just right: several stores are getting their third or fourth shipment already. Instead of sending a horde of consoles at once, they have been sending them more evenly distributed and keeping them in store shelves so people can go in and buy one. That ties in with the little pre-launch advertising: Everyone who wants one is able to get one.

If you didn't go to one of the few midnight releases, or you didn't get one on launch day, you wouldn't now just how completely sold out it was that day. 2 days later almost all stores got a new shipment from Nintendo, and today they got another one.

[quote name='Komentra']I don't understand why everyone goes apeshit when they find a Wii-U in stock. Here in my town nearly every retail store has some in stock. :/

(Anyways. I'll buy one once Nintendo changes their policy of "If your console breaks then you lose all your digitally downloaded games".)[/QUOTE]

They already did. About 6 years ago when the Wii launched. If your console breaks, they will put all your purchased digital games on the new console they send you to replace the old one at no extra charge.

[quote name='doodofdoods']The secret to their brainwashing are their copious amounts of fun, exclusive, first party video games and constant innovation. No fanboy, either. Just truth.

NSMBU and NintendoLand are quality video gaming experiences that can only be found on the Wii U right now.[/QUOTE]
right...

new_super_mario_bros_u_monty_mole1.png

new-super-mario-bros-wii-screenshot1.jpg

i think you forgot the Wii and the 3ds, because......wait for it......

they are the same game!

like i said, i need to know Nintendo secret!

Wii u?? more like Peee UUUUUU.

This console has gotta be up there with the jaguar lynx as top garbage consoles of all time.

bread's done
Back