Wii u basic and deluxe back in stock. Gamestop.com

At this point in time, it seems these threads arent necessary as the Wii U is restocked every few days at multiple retailers. Not too hard to find.

Maybe where you are. There isnt even one available anywhere ive tried around the kansas city area. So this is for people who cant find one

[quote name='Batmandc']Maybe where you are. There isnt even one available anywhere ive tried around the kansas city area. So this is for people who cant find one[/QUOTE]

I didnt mean just B&M stores, I mean it is in stock at online retailers (Bestbuy.com, gamestop.com, target.com, etc) almost every day.

[quote name='Batmandc']Maybe where you are. There isnt even one available anywhere ive tried around the kansas city area. So this is for people who cant find one[/QUOTE]

I hear you bro but since this is MSRP why not put this thread in the Wii section?

If you use the site NowInStock, you can get one pretty regularly. Also seems like my local Walmart has been getting shipments at least twice a week. They will have 4 in stock(2 white, 2 black), sell them. Then within two days they have 4 more. Needless to say, if you want a Wii U, all you have to do is look. Nothing like the Wii, PS3, or 360 launches. I remember those were near to impossable to find, and out of stock for 3-4 months.

[quote name='Japakneez']In before 20pgs of CAGs reporting wiiu at their local store.[/QUOTE]
They're available at my vending snack machines too.

[quote name='shivan128']They're available at my vending snack machines too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it takes forever to put in the 1,400 quarters to get it ...

They're available at my Coinstar machines as well. Just gotta wait 30 minutes for the machine to count to $300 worth of change.

In all seriousness though I see them everytime I go out. I've seem them multiple times at Walmart, Gamestop, Target and Toys R Us. They are not hard to find at all.

I'll post this again:
Not hard to find....
Toys R Us in Times Square NYC had mountains of these:

photo12312123405pm1.jpg

[quote name='jkam']I'll post this again:
Not hard to find....
Toys R Us in Times Square NYC had mountains of these:

photo12312123405pm1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lets make a fort out of Wii U's.

[quote name='dnarwhat']this picture at toys r us was posted like 5 days ago[/QUOTE]

I can assure you that it looks exactly the same today.

I can't tell - was the Wii U just not as anticipated as everyone thought it would be or did Nintendo actually do better with production to ensure there would be no shortages this time?

[quote name='Navex']I can't tell - was the Wii U just not as anticipated as everyone thought it would be or did Nintendo actually do better with production to ensure there would be no shortages this time?[/QUOTE]

I feel that this launch seems like the 3DS launch where a lot of people waited a while and watched before diving in. Maybe it's a combination of spending another $300+ on a console for an upconverting Wii and the economy being what it is.

I can tell you that when the Wii launched, commercials on TV were everywhere. I don't see that same push with the Wii U.

That being said, I bought mine at launch and it's still sitting unopened in the basement. It will be out in time for the holidays when the family comes over. I dont anticipate buying many games until it hits my magical price point of $15+, but my back log is 100's long already.

[quote name='Navex']I can't tell - was the Wii U just not as anticipated as everyone thought it would be or did Nintendo actually do better with production to ensure there would be no shortages this time?[/QUOTE]

I think Big N improved their production this time around. I read somewhere that they intended to move 3.5 million units this holiday season between all their systems (Wii U, Wii, 3DS and DS).

I think it's just over priced compared to the competition. Wii released at $249 w/ Wii Sports (and to this day probably a lot of old age homes that bought one haven't purchased another game since) and it was up against $400 Xbox360 and $600 PS3. Now the Wii U at $299 doesn't have a game, and it's up against $249 Xbox and $269 PS3, AND iPad and Kindle Fire.

Yes, I know a tablet Wii U, but tell that to all the kids making up their lists for Santa Claus. Kids are smart enough to know they can only get 1 multi-$100 item, and tablet it is.

Me, I'm getting my kids the Xbox Kinect bundle w/ 2 games for $250. We've been waiting 18 months for a Wii U (see E3 2011), we can wait another year for a price drop and a Pikmin 3 bundle.

Oh yeah, since 2006 (Wii launch) and 2012 (Wii U launch) there was that whole great recession thing.

I think the few and far between AAA titles on the Wii system made buyers more cautious this time. I bet there is 75% shovelware and other crap games on the Wii system just to use the gimmicky motion control. I have all the major first party titles and the RPGs from other developers as well as a few other titles that were cheap, but my Wii has sat for months at a time not used while my PS3 and 360 are used weekly. When my Wii game collection is a quarter, if that, of my PS3 and 360 libraries, it says something.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am still waiting for a Wii bundle with Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $99[/QUOTE]

Galaxy 2 came out 2.5years ago and I still can't get it for less than $30 :wall:

Nintendo should have waited until they had a quality launch title for the system. Another New Super Mario Bros game isn't enough to convince me to buy a Wii U.

bread's done
Back