Wii U consoles at Books A Million

RickHarrisMaine

CAGiversary!
This is a big YMMV, but I ran across a Wii U basic 8gb white console set at Books A Million in South Portland, Maine. It was marked down to $120. It came up in the system at that price so I thought I'd share that. I bought it without hesitation by the way!

Never heard of this store but looked it up and there was one in Houston but it closed down. I don't need a Wii U but would have probably liked this store, oh well.

If you don't mind spending some extra scratch on external memory, it's exactly the same as the 32GB Deluxe
Cool, I didn't know if it had bigger differences. We have a few BAMs around here so I will keep my eye out for them when I save up for my Wii U. Been wanting to play Zombie U for years.

I bought zombi u entirely for its local asymmetrical multillayer. Given, I only paid about 8 bucks for it at best buy. It's such a shame that it's one of the only wii u games to actually use the game pad in a fun way.

The only difference with the basic and the deluxe is the memory and the charging cradle for the game pad. And its white. But that's all. And I had 10% off, so I really got it for $108! I've been wanting one for a while, and normally I'd have gone for the Deluxe. But at this price I'll just deal with the low memory!

I have the basic model and just used an old external hard drive i had laying around...its perfect no need for a deluxe model imo :p

Cool, I didn't know if it had bigger differences. We have a few BAMs around here so I will keep my eye out for them when I save up for my Wii U. Been wanting to play Zombie U for years.
memory comparison between the based on usable internal memory: 8gb which is basic console only 3gb usuable

32gb Deluxe model is 25GB usuable

the other differences is most 32gb bundles comes with at least 1 sometime 2 games, while the basic come with no bundle game at all. and another difference is the 8gb doesnt come with the wii u pad cradle either.

Does it come with the Skylanders Swap Force game or is that just certain white wii u bundles?
only the skylander bundle has that. Based on the store this is i would say chances are this is the plain vanilla original 8gb launch system which been discontinued here for awhile now.

There's a few popping up in my metro area but they're all like an hour away... do they generally sell video games? Never really heard of them before.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have these everywhere around here, but it'll probably end up like when I went searching for that fucking Retron at that one clothes store.....

The only difference with the basic and the deluxe is the memory and the charging cradle for the game pad. And its white. But that's all. And I had 10% off, so I really got it for $108! I've been wanting one for a while, and normally I'd have gone for the Deluxe. But at this price I'll just deal with the low memory!
How does one get the 10% off? EDIT: answered my own question. Their $25 discount card.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll pretty much need an external still even with the Deluxe models if you plan to buy anything but Virtual Console games digitally. Don't let it deter you.

Anyone in Indy, don't bother. Was out and about and swung up to the one store we have and nada. 

Sidenote: hadn't been in a BAM in ages. This store is a good example of a bookseller struggling in the complete dominance of Amazon. Half the store was pop culture tchokies, clearly trying to rope in "the kids" without offending the book people too stubborn to use the Internet who were served by the other half of the store. It kind of had the stink of "liquidation soon" all over everything.

bread's done
Back