Wii U - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='Strell']Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.
Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.
Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.
xd

sdf
sg
4g
vs

zx x

Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.
Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.Earthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.e
vse
vdsV
SDV
vv
vEarthbound just got confirmed for Wii U VC.

EARTHBOUND JUST GOT CONFIRMED FOR Wii U VC I'M NOT SURE IF YOU HEARD
[/QUOTE]

Strell may have just been sold on a Wii U.

[quote name='Strell']Nothing, just that your mom got confirmed for Wii U VC.[/QUOTE]

Starmen.net's doing backflips. This is really awesome news.

I wonder what they'll do (or what they did) about the licensing on the tunes? Maybe Nintendo just decided to splurge and pay royalties? If so, I love you Nintendo.

[quote name='Strell']Can you gift digital content on the Wii U? I'm gifting the shit out of Earthbound, maybe forever.[/QUOTE]

We should be friends. Ones that share gifts.

[quote name='ZForce915']We should be friends. Ones that share gifts.[/QUOTE]

... and their bodies

So when we gettin' this shit on the road? Tomorrow's update is soon enough for me; what do you folks say?

It's funny, I was doing a bunch of those Club Nintendo surveys and for all the VC titles they have a question of what you would like to see or how to improve the service. I was starting to get lazy and my answer started to resemble Strell's post above.

In closing, y'all are welcome.

Signed,

Operation Rainfall.

Strell. STRELL. I'm with you. I'm here, buddy, calm down.

EARETHGBVCJKHFBVEIRUBVOIEUVGOIBFVOIUGVLSJKHBCVIRYGVOUIRFBKRBOUNDJHDGCVIU VIU

AGAHAGHAGAHA

FUZZY PICKLES

SHIT

[quote name='soonersfan60']Funny, but I'll bet this old game is actually a system seller for Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Just sold a Wii U to everyone at Starment.net that did not already own one. though, I dont really know just how many people that means.

But, it's the Wii U so let's be realistic. If there is a release date, add six months to it.

Sorry to be the Baby Ruth in the pool...

Yes, it is a system seller, if by that you mean 50-100 WIIUs sold on the basis of EB. I'm really glad EB is finally getting a re-release, as it's a criminally under appreciated title that needs to be played by any and everyone. However, it ain't moving WIIU the way it needs to be moved.

Same goes for the Wind Waker HD thing. It's cool that they're giving long-time fans stuff to goof with -- or "new to me" content for early WIIU adopters -- but release some original titles already.

It has me *very* intrigued, but thanks to the Vita, I'm now skittish of new hardware. Since the Vita is "rereleased console shit you didn't ask for and PSOne games, but portable!" to me, I'm wary of picking up a Wii U and have it become my "2013 Earthbound machine." I'd buy other games, sure. But I already have Wind Waker on disc still (duh, who would sell that?).

I'm far more interested in a Wii now, but apprehension remains. Might just wait for the price of the console to drop, the internal storage to bump up, for Earthbound to be released, or some combo of the three. Not going to run out the door and pick one up now.

Sounds like Nintendo hit a home run in their presser this morning. Oracle on eShop? fuck. Yes.

It seems kind of weird that Nintendo will be selling Super Metroid on the Wii U virtual console with the officially launch next week when it's going to be 30 cents next month... So I hope everyone remembers to wait to get it for 30 cents. :lol:

So, really, we just need a "Year of [character]" every year, since it seems to be causing some truly killer things to happen.

So next year should be Year of Samus.

Then Year of Starfox.

Then Year of Captain Falcon.

Then Year of Ganondorf.

Then Year of Birdo.

Then Year of Birdo AGAIN.

Then Year of Yoshi.

Then Year of OH SHIT IT'S BIRDO AGAIN, FOOLS.

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish Earthbound was coming out on the 3DS eshop too. Seems odd to leave out the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Not a single SNES game on the 3DS VC yet, but one would expect that it is coming.

I hope Nintendo's just waiting for E3 to talk about their eShop games for the Wii U because they've ignored that option so far the past few months where it would've been a big help during the drought.

[quote name='foltzie']Not a single SNES game on the 3DS VC yet, but one would expect that it is coming.[/QUOTE]

This is particularly annoying, because the 3DS has the perfect layout for SNES games. Gameboy games are cool and all, but black and white pixels seems like a waste of the tech.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']This is particularly annoying, because the 3DS has the perfect layout for SNES games. Gameboy games are cool and all, but black and white pixels seems like a waste of the tech.[/QUOTE]

Well... The SNES could output at a higher resolution than the 3DS. The emulator may require a bit of work before Nintendo would deem it ready for use.

[quote name='Strell']Can you gift digital content on the Wii U? I'm gifting the shit out of Earthbound, maybe forever.[/QUOTE]

So I've never played this and have no idea what the crazy fanboy love for it is all about.

Thus, you should get a Wii U and gift Earthbound to me when it releases ;).

[quote name='io']So I've never played this and have no idea what the crazy fanboy love for it is all about.[/QUOTE]
It's not a fanboy thing. It's just a very well written game, it's engaging, thoughtful, and touching without being saccharine. It's not that the mechanics or graphics are beyond everything else of its day, it's that the writing is so smart and funny.

Also, if you've played enough JRPGs to know the rigmarole, then EB is even better.

If you have every intention of buying it, you should know that it's illegal -- not to mention indecent and horrible of you -- to emulate it on a PC. That's a very bad idea.

I have so much other stuff to play I wouldn't even consider emulating it. That's why I was suggesting Strell gift it to me. Then I'd feel compelled to play it ;).

I apologize for being off topic. No one seems to us the WiiU trade thread. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I apologize for being off topic. No one seems to us the WiiU trade thread. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just create a trade thread. Also, no one is going to make that trade.

I am a lot more excited than I probably should be for the VC launch later this week. I'm just really enjoying playing the old games on the gamepad.

And even though the launch lineup is small, I'm not going to complain since it includes Super Mario World and I can only play so many games at once.

The VC line-up is what it is. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much more, so I can't bitch too much.

Now... am I crazy for having thought that VC was launching later? I was under the impression that the $.30 games were a run up to the official launch of VC this summer... as in, the VC would launch at the end of the $.30 games, putting it firmly in the summer months. Is that something my brain just concocted on it's own, or was that the original plan?

I guess that's my way of asking if the intial line-up is less than amazing because Nintendo hit the panic button and launched the VC earlier than planned. It's not a good excuse, mind you, but still.

I was also under the impression that it was officially launching once all the 30 cent games were released.

I'm really anxious to see how N64 games look on the gamepad. They look like ass on my LCD, so I'm hoping they'll be a lot better on the smaller screen.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']If they follow it with weekly updates I'm fine.[/QUOTE]

This. If we get a few (i.e., 2-3) new games each week added to the Virtual Console then I will be happy with the service.

Looks like it

I assume they have to test and relicense the games

Also they said wayy back in January that the official VC would launch in Spring while the 30 cent games would last til July. It seemed weird then and it seems weird now but that is how it was planned; no panic button was deployed.

I guess I'll shell out for upgrading my Super Mario World but I can't imagine many people will be losing their minds over the prospect of Ice Climbers on the pad.

I mean, many of the Wii U's early adopters are probably Wii owners. I sort of expected something wholly new to the service right out the gate. I'm still surprised we didn't get Yoshi's Island.

Nintendo announced a $366 million dollar loss this fiscal year. Wii U only sold 3.45 million units worldwide. 13.42 million Wii U titles worldwide. So about 4 games per unit attachment. I assume that includes the Nintendoland in the premium version. The company revealed sales of two Wii U titles: Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U, which have sold 2.6 million and 2.15 million units globally.

3DS was much stonger:

Nintendo sold 13.95 million units of Nintendo 3DS hardware and 49.61 million units of software worldwide. Nintendo highlighted sales of 3DS game New Super Mario Bros. 2, which reached 6.42 million units, although Nintendo 3DS sales were also labeled weaker than expected. Lifetime to date sales of the Nintendo 3DS hardware and its software reached 31.09 million and 95.03 million, respectively.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/24/4259328/nintendo-posts-loss-wii-u-sales-weaker

[quote name='cancerman1120']Nintendo announced a $366 million dollar loss this fiscal year. Wii U only sold 3.45 million units worldwide. 13.42 million Wii U titles worldwide. So about 4 games per unit attachment. I assume that includes the Nintendoland in the premium version. The company revealed sales of two Wii U titles: Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U, which have sold 2.6 million and 2.15 million units globally.

3DS was much stonger:

Nintendo sold 13.95 million units of Nintendo 3DS hardware and 49.61 million units of software worldwide. Nintendo highlighted sales of 3DS game New Super Mario Bros. 2, which reached 6.42 million units, although Nintendo 3DS sales were also labeled weaker than expected. Lifetime to date sales of the Nintendo 3DS hardware and its software reached 31.09 million and 95.03 million, respectively.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/24/4259328/nintendo-posts-loss-wii-u-sales-weaker[/QUOTE]

Wow they only sold 400k durian the quarter.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Nintendo announced a $366 million dollar loss this fiscal year. Wii U only sold 3.45 million units worldwide. 13.42 million Wii U titles worldwide. So about 4 games per unit attachment. I assume that includes the Nintendoland in the premium version. The company revealed sales of two Wii U titles: Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U, which have sold 2.6 million and 2.15 million units globally.

3DS was much stonger:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/24/4259328/nintendo-posts-loss-wii-u-sales-weaker[/QUOTE]

Wow they only sold 400k during the quarter WORLDWIDE.

bread's done
Back