Wii U - General Discussion Thread

No kidding. What happened to Knuckles? SMH

1z3a3pe.jpg
All look like they took many roids

The interesting thing about the new Sonic game... It's not made by Sonic Team. It's being made by an American studio run by one of the guys who made Jak and Daxter. http://brbent.com/team/bob-rafei/

I mean, it's still a Sonic game, but at least they're trying something new this time. (A Sonic game made with CryEngine 3 is kinda weird tho...)

sonic franchise at this point for me is DEAD which sucks because it used to be sega's version of mario back in early 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Sonic Boom is a tie-in to a new cartoon of the same name.
yup, Sonic Boom is just for this year and then next year is Sonic on ps4, x1 and wiiu. Sanzaru is making the 3ds version and they made Sly Cooper 4 which is great, so keep your eyes open :eek:

Lol was that Kitty kart racer real?

Don't have anything on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KfkoQ0MqA

"Where wah you when i needed your money most" :rofl: :rofl:

http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed-on-wii-u-1519955976

Watch Dogs has been delayed on Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if it is being delayed indefinitely. (Although, I didn't even realize this was getting a Wii U release in the first place... Where the hell have I been?)
It probably depends on how far along they are. It seems like at this point they might as well put it out although they probably aren't going to sell more than 25,000 on Wii U.

I would've bought this at launch for Wii-U last year but given it's delay and other games coming out this year, it has dropped from my radar. I'll buy it on Wii-U but if that version disappears I'll just pick it up super cheap on PS4 eventually.

That's the problem with the Wii U being underpowered. I have no interest in playing anything that's also coming to PS4 on it as I'd rather wait and play the better looking version down the road once I pick up a PS4.

People blame lack of third party support on the Wii U's woes, and it's my really true, at least in terms of not getting ports, as people want the best looking version of things. Third party exclusives are a different matter, those could help of they were great games with broad appeal. But no third party is going to do that given the size of the Wii U base.

Not sure if this has been posted already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KfkoQ0MqA

I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I still thought the video was pretty funny. 

Nintendo Direct has started, so here's the Wii U news:

Little Mac joins the cast of Super Smash Bros, which will be out later this year.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze got a new trailer. It's out on February 21.

NES Remix 2 was announced featuring later NES titles like SMB3, Zelda II, Punch-Out, and others. It includes a bonus game called Super Luigi Bros. that is a spin-off of SMB featuring Luigi running from right to left. It's out on April 25.

GBA Virtual Console will be starting this spring with Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and the Super Mario Bros. Advance version of Yoshi's Island as the early titles.

There's a new Mario Kart 8 trailer. The Koopalings are joining the cast. It's out on May 30.

The new Monolith Soft title got a new gameplay trailer, which definitely looks like a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. The main character switches between attacking with a gun, sword, and mech before roaming around in a mech and taking on a much bigger monster nearby.

Bayonetta 2 got a new trailer. 

Treehouse news:

Child of Light is coming to Wii U eShop and will be out on April 30 for $14.99.

Im pretty hyped for NES Remix 2 and Little Mac in Smash Bros. I was hoping that Iwata would say that the gba games or Nes Remix 2 would be out now, but oh well

Big bunch of meh there for me.  Child of Light looks interesting I guess, and I hadn't heard of that before.

Otherwise, nothing new that interests me, and really no day one buys still other than Mario Kart 8.  I'll get DK Tropical freeze at some point I guess, but I've been playing a lot of platformers lately and still have a couple in the backlog to get through.

As a none Wii U owner that is looking to get a Wii U  that was a pretty disappointing Nintendo Direct.  The only thing the Nintendo Direct did was reaffirm my purchase of the 3DS and convinced me to wait until atleast May 30 to get a Wii U.

Of course I am really interested in getting Weapon Rental Shop for the 3DS.

The Nintendo Direct was pretty good. Little Mac in Smash is awesome. DKC is still DKC and that is good. I'm a little surprised that NES Remix 2 is coming out so soon after the first. I expected an SNES remix first but I'll take it. I never owned a GBA so I'm pumped to be able to play Metroid Fusion and Mario & Luigi on the 3DS VC. X and Bayonetta look good, hopefully they both come out this year. I wasn't expecting any new BIG game announcements. I hope they wait until E3 to reveal some new games.

Oh yea, Mario Kart 8 just keeps getting better and better. I just wish it wasn't 3 1/2 months away.

A bunch of cool news for me.

Little Mac in Smash Bros trailer to start off the direct was awesome. His moveset in the game looks very interesting and fun. 

Man, the 3DS gets even more titles for its stacked library.  I liked the trailer for Yoshi, it actually looks really interesting now.

Seeing the Koopalings in Mario Kart was more epic than I thought it would be. It's going to be awesome having more villain characters in the game.  What a nice surprise, it's a subtle addition but man that looks sweet. Looks like the game's going to have a ton of characters.  May 30th release date is a super bummer though.  

I wasn't really excited seeing NES Remix 2, but the inclusion of the Super Luigi Bros. game has me intrigued. If it's the same price as the first NES Remix I might actually pick this one up. Also the games this second game is based on look way better than the first remix. Sucks the game wasn't released today though. 

GBA virtual console games look interesting, but that solely depends on pricing. Pretty solid offerings to start off.

X looks great, that giant mech/monster battle looked sweet. 

Overall a very nice presentation. 

The Nintendo Direct was pretty good. Little Mac in Smash is awesome. DKC is still DKC and that is good. I'm a little surprised that NES Remix 2 is coming out so soon after the first. I expected an SNES remix first but I'll take it. I never owned a GBA so I'm pumped to be able to play Metroid Fusion and Mario & Luigi on the 3DS VC. X and Bayonetta look good, hopefully they both come out this year. I wasn't expecting any new BIG game announcements. I hope they wait until E3 to reveal some new games.

Oh yea, Mario Kart 8 just keeps getting better and better. I just wish it wasn't 3 1/2 months away.
They didn't mention GBA on 3DS today, did they?

Little Mac was awesome?  I thought it was weird that for about 50% of the time in which they showed him fighting he was beating up a woman (Samus). 

Nintendo Direct?  More like....PLATFORMER DIRECT.  Seriously, could they have shown more platformers?  They were almost the entire fucking video.  All the Wii U games looked beautiful and I'll probably pick up Mario Kart and X once both are in the $20 range in a couple of years (or possibly this Black Friday?).

Of course there was their "contemplative FPS"....the sub combat game.  It's like they said, "hey the west like's FPS games but we don't want to kill people so lets just make a submarine game and even though a good 100 people die every time you sink one, you don't see them so it's fine."  That looked okay and I may download the demo to my kid's 3DS.  I was impressed that you could play multiplayer without buying it.

The last thing that stuck out to me was their baseball mini-game collection.  That looked like a huge rip-off.  Who the fuck wants to pay $4 for a goddamn batting cage?  Oh but don't worry, you can haggle with this cartoon character over the real money price of the mini-games that you'll get tired of pretty quickly anyway.  I'm assuming you can get him down to $1 per game.  Even at that, lots of the games like the "catch the ball" (whatever it was called) look like something that no one would play normally.  I know they've done the haggling thing before but it's pretty fucked up.  As an adult I could just look online to find out how to get them the cheapest but kids who presumably would be the target audience have no clue if they're getting ripped off.  Way to go Nintendo.

Oh look, blaster man is disappointed, what a shock.

Im not shocked through cause really you don't seem to play or buy any games till they are super cheap.

Only game I never really heard you talk highly about is Beyond Two Souls.

Oh look, blaster man is disappointed, what a shock.

Im not shocked through cause really you don't seem to play or buy any games till they are super cheap.

Only game I never really heard you talk highly about is Beyond Two Souls.
There's plenty of other games I like but you're right that I don't like to buy games until they're cheap. Why would I pay more?

bread's done
Back