Wii U - LEGO City: Undercover

[quote name='sp00ge']Son of a bitch. So, I decided to just go to Best Buy and get a copy and, despite the online inventory showing it being available for pickup today, I was given what could possibly be the weirdest excuse in recent months. The kid working electronics said the case showed up with the guides, but where the games were supposed to be, were copies of Forza 4 for the 360. (???)

I'm about to just say screw it and pick up Monster Hunter and just wait for a price drop on this one. I'm just so frustrated and sick of the "one more day" line of crap I've been getting all week.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that at Best Buy too (not the Forza in its place) but they had the strategy guides and no game copies at 2 locations I stopped at yesterday.

Just check Target store locator. Around noon yesterday, Targets in my area started reporting 'in stock' I called a few that were 'out of stock' (b/c they were closer) and they all said they had missing shipments or lost packages or something. I drove a little further down the road and grabbed one. They had about 6 copies.

Best Buy had my store pick up today (which I converted from online pre-order shipping, since it was going to be delayed). No problems, and I was first in line for store pick up. Now I just have to wait for Pikmin 3.

[quote name='token2k6']I noticed that at Best Buy too (not the Forza in its place) but they had the strategy guides and no game copies at 2 locations I stopped at yesterday.

Just check Target store locator. Around noon yesterday, Targets in my area started reporting 'in stock' I called a few that were 'out of stock' (b/c they were closer) and they all said they had missing shipments or lost packages or something. I drove a little further down the road and grabbed one. They had about 6 copies.[/QUOTE]

I would try, but I have credit at Best Buy and Gamestop and I was trying to get it without spending money.

However, I just got a text from GS saying it will be ready for pickup tomorrow PM. So here's hoping...

I just got off the phone with GS and the guy just opened the case when I was on the phone and said they have them now. Off to run some errands!

UPDATE: Finally got my copy, along with the minifig. Now I have to wait for the old lady to give up the TV...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp00ge']I just got off the phone with GS and the guy just opened the case when I was on the phone and said they have them now. Off to run some errands!

UPDATE: Finally got my copy, along with the minifig. Now I have to wait for the old lady to give up the TV...[/QUOTE]

why not just play on the controller :D

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why not just play on the controller :D[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer to give it it's first run on 55" instead of 5".

Yeah, yeah... that's what she said...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why not just play on the controller :D[/QUOTE]

This is another one of those games that won't work on the gamepad only.

[quote name='Flacksguy']This is another one of those games that won't work on the gamepad only.[/QUOTE]

So upset about that too. I don't get a lot of alone time with my WiiU, so i was looking forward to knocking this out 1-2 hours at a time from the bedroom. Going to have to make some quality time for it after Bioshock.

Weird question... does this game run 'loudly' for anyone else? There's a definite change in the disc noise from my Wii U when I'm playing this that I don't get with any of the other games I've played. It's like a sort of low rumble. I thought there was, like, a truck outside or something until I realized it was from the system.

It also makes a much more significant and longer series of noises while trying to load on the main Wii U menu.

Is this all normal, or...? I've played the game for a few hours with no hiccups, but it's just strange.

[quote name='007']Weird question... does this game run 'loudly' for anyone else? There's a definite change in the disc noise from my Wii U when I'm playing this that I don't get with any of the other games I've played. It's like a sort of low rumble. I thought there was, like, a truck outside or something until I realized it was from the system.

It also makes a much more significant and longer series of noises while trying to load on the main Wii U menu.

Is this all normal, or...? I've played the game for a few hours with no hiccups, but it's just strange.[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed, probably because my couch is about 15' from the TV/WiiU/etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was normal.

[quote name='007']Weird question... does this game run 'loudly' for anyone else? There's a definite change in the disc noise from my Wii U when I'm playing this that I don't get with any of the other games I've played. It's like a sort of low rumble. I thought there was, like, a truck outside or something until I realized it was from the system.

Is this all normal, or...? I've played the game for a few hours with no hiccups, but it's just strange.[/QUOTE]

No noise for me on my external HDD, perhaps another benefit of downloading content!

[quote name='brernurse']No noise for me on my external HDD, perhaps another benefit of downloading content![/QUOTE]

You also lose the benefit of getting money back for your purchase. If it makes noise, no clue if it does as this is an Easter present for kids, Ill gladly take a little noise to get half of the purchase price back.

Every Wii U game I've played so far has the intro matched on the screen and gamepad.

When I start up undercover, the gamepad is black then the 2 screens load on the tv, but only the first one on the gamepad, then to the loading screen. This normal for this game?

[quote name='schuerm26']You also lose the benefit of getting money back for your purchase. If it makes noise, no clue if it does as this is an Easter present for kids, Ill gladly take a little noise to get half of the purchase price back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still buy games I plan to resale via disc but the ones I plan to keep I go digital. I know retail still has many more benefits but digital has its own perks so to each his own.

No off tv play? Wow....this seriously drops my interest in this game....maybe I will get the 3ds version instead. So disappointing...

[quote name='nickerous']No off tv play? Wow....this seriously drops my interest in this game....maybe I will get the 3ds version instead. So disappointing...[/QUOTE]

This is one of the problems that the system is going to face... off-TV play is a great thing, but does it outweigh other uses of the GamePad? I admit, I'm sad that I can't do off-TV play for ZombiU and Lego City, but it would also make them completely different games.

Regardless, LCU is definitely worth picking up, even without off-TV. Great game.

[quote name='007']This is one of the problems that the system is going to face... off-TV play is a great thing, but does it outweigh other uses of the GamePad? I admit, I'm sad that I can't do off-TV play for ZombiU and Lego City, but it would also make them completely different games.

Regardless, LCU is definitely worth picking up, even without off-TV. Great game.[/QUOTE]

When having to choose between the two, I definitely prefer creative use of the Gamepad over off-TV play.

I would rather use off tv play. My tv has two hdmi inputs. One is for the satellite and the other is for the ps3. If nintendo can make netflix run without having to keep the gamepad on, maybe i will move the ps3. Till then, it stays.

creative uses of the gamepad such as it being your communicator with characters,a scanner,a camera etc etc for Lego City Undercover, outweigh the need for off tv play in my opinion.

Anyone who passes up on this game just because it doesnt have off tv play, is clearly not thinking lol

[quote name='nickerous']I would rather use off tv play. My tv has two hdmi inputs. One is for the satellite and the other is for the ps3. If nintendo can make netflix run without having to keep the gamepad on, maybe i will move the ps3. Till then, it stays.[/QUOTE]

You're using the TV speakers? If you have the funds, definitely look into getting a nice home theater in a box like Onkyo. You'll get 4 HDMI inputs and much better sound.

Been thinking about getting a sound system since blu rays dont sound all that great. The effects sound good, but dialog could be better.

I will get Lego City, but not until it is $20 or less. Yes, off tv does matter that much to me.

Just beat it, story was fun but I really have no urge to do extra stuff. Which is fine the story and me fooling around between missions was a solid 20 hours.

Man, so a while ago, we got the red brick for the color swapper to always be the right color, now after a few weeks of not playing (due to the console being sent out for repair, but sent back with save in-tact) we get a message at color swap points to make sure we have the right color. We went back to the red brick location for that (midtown, on top of toy store) and it wasn't there, with a blue stud in its place..

Anyone else come across this phenomena? or any other red brick ability not working after a while?

I finally got around to playing it and I just finished the story. Overall the thing that kept me going was all of the funny dialogue and the movie references
Shawshank Redemption references are an automatic win in my book
. The gameplay was alright but I didn't fall in love with it, being my first lego game. One thing I will give the game credit is how deep the game is. I played through the entire campaign in 14 hours and only touched 1 or 2 side missions. The game said I was 17.6% complete. There is alot to do in this game. You easily need two playthroughs to get everything. That offers replayability if you enjoy the game. Personally I might play it again down the road but I'm certainly in no hurry. I give it a 7/10

I finally got around to playing it and I just finished the story. Overall the thing that kept me going was all of the funny dialogue and the movie references
Shawshank Redemption references are an automatic win in my book
. The gameplay was alright but I didn't fall in love with it, being my first lego game. One thing I will give the game credit is how deep the game is. I played through the entire campaign in 14 hours and only touched 1 or 2 side missions. The game said I was 17.6% complete. There is alot to do in this game. You easily need two playthroughs to get everything. That offers replayability if you enjoy the game. Personally I might play it again down the road but I'm certainly in no hurry. I give it a 7/10
"Are you free, man?"

bread's done
Back