Wii U News Thread. Upcoming games and updates.

Deader2818

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
This thread is for discussion and to share  news on upcoming Wii U games as well as system updates and features. If you would like to discuss how much you dislike the Wii U, please take it to the Wii U General Discussion Thread.

Hear, hear

I haven't watched the Smash Brothers news too closely but have they said anything about cross platform (saves or play) between Wii U and 3DS?

Not yet. I dont know if I would expect it but they were able to do it with Monster Hunter 3 so who knows.

Smash will be out Summer of 2014 for 3DS and Winter of 2014 for Wii U. So Id assume that means a Nov/December release for Wii U.

Hear, hear

I haven't watched the Smash Brothers news too closely but have they said anything about cross platform (saves or play) between Wii U and 3DS?
I think cross save depends on what the single player modes are for each system. I can't see any sort of cross play since the Wii-U and 3DS don't have the same buttons.

Personally I would've liked to see these games be made separately and a few years apart like how Mario Kart has been for consoles and handhelds.

Not yet. I dont know if I would expect it but they were able to do it with Monster Hunter 3 so who knows.

Smash will be out Summer of 2014 for 3DS and Winter of 2014 for Wii U. So Id assume that means a Nov/December release for Wii U.
I didn't realize they weren't releasing side by side. Well that might mean they are completely separate then, I'd imagine they'll start pushing it a little more after Mario Kart hits.

I didn't realize they weren't releasing side by side. Well that might mean they are completely separate then, I'd imagine they'll start pushing it a little more after Mario Kart hits.
Watch the Nintendo direct. They explain it there. Lots of levels are different as well so there's little to no chance Wii U and 3DS will be playing together.

Anyone know if they've officially announced online multiplayer matchmaking for Mario Kart?  I know they did for Smash in the latest direct, but I'm not sure if they touched on this for MK somewhere and I just missed it.  Seems like they would announce that first since it comes out next month.

They'd be fucking stupid not to.
That doesn't necessarily mean they won't leave it out. I believe it was Mr. Iwata (might have been Miyamoto, can't remember now) who talked in a recent interview about being dedicated to preserving the tradition of playing together in person, and hinted that they were reluctant to take away from that by adding online. (And it's really a shame, because in my opinion Miiverse is by far the coolest online community, but they never give us the chance to really make use of it....)

I love Nintendo dearly, but playing Mario Kart alone because you have no gaming friends gets really old after 15 years or so.

Nintendo of America has announced the Peach Pink Wii Remote Plus, fashioned after Princess Peach. It hosts a crown design over the speaker, blue buttons after Peach’s royal jewelry and a “golden-yellow” plus pad that’s the color of her crown.

It will start appearing in stores in late April for $39.99, joining red Mario and green Luigi-themed Wii Remote Plus controllers.

MKG_WRP_Characters_Group_Fan.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/15/princess-peach-themed-wii-remote-plus-controller-to-release-in-late-april/

Mario Kart 8 already has an impressive list of playable characters to choose from but it ‘SEEMS’ like 30 might be the max. According to a new character select screen that’s popped up online, it reveals that the game might have up to 30 playable drivers. See the shot for yourself below.

Mario Kart 8 launches on May 30th worldwide.

mario_kart_8_character_select-656x368.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-may-have-30-playable-characters/

Last edited by a moderator:
That Princess Peach Wii remote is interesting to me, since I still need a fourth motion plus (and I live with three XX chromosome beings).  For some reason the M and L versions didn't pique my interest.

That Princess Peach Wii remote is interesting to me, since I still need a fourth motion plus (and I live with three XX chromosome beings). For some reason the M and L versions didn't pique my interest.
I need a B2G1 on accessories to pick these up. If they made another 7 different characters I would probably buy them all.

I'd definitely get a Rosalina one.  Not so much for the character, but I love the color blue, and I don't really like the solid color ones.

Yeah they really need to bring Fatal Frame back to the US, and it will make good use of the gamepad for sure.

If NoA was using Spirit Camera as a test game, though, we probably won't see a stateside release (at least I don't think it fared that well sales wise).

Shit. I already have enough wiimotes . . . If they make a Nabbit themed one, I'm down with that. I love his flag design.

This isn't really officially Wii U news, but I did see that NoE was releasing more Nintendo Select Wii titles, which I thought they were done with at this point.  Europe always had a better selection of titles in this series, but maybe we'll see some more come stateside.

I know this news is two days old, but I didn't see it mentioned here on CAG (and I know its NoE not NoA, but still...).

630x.jpg

Looks like Nintendo will continue with the GBA virtual console releases.  Wario Land 4 coming tomorrow!  The only ones Japan has that the U.S. doesn't at this point is Mario Tennis Advance and Zelda: Minish Cap, although they don't have Yoshi's Island yet.

bread's done
Back