Wii U Price drop Sept. 20th/Pre-Order Now

Cindaddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Price drop September 20th to $299 for deluxe. Nintendo calls this a "limited edition" bundle.

Bundle includes:
  • Zelda Windwaker HD digital download
  • Free Hyrule Historia Book (Digital)
  • Gamepad is Zelda themed
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23041]

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/372742703701696512/photo/1

*Bundle does not include Nintendoland. It is NOT Gamestop exclusive.

GS Pre-Order:Here

Best Buy Pre-Order http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wii+U+Deluxe+-+The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+The+Wind+Waker+Bundle/1654001.p?id=1219058301134&skuId=1654001&st=zelda%20wii%20u%20bundle&cp=1&lp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just a short time ago something similar was said about the 3DS. Boy they were wrong.
Well the thing with the handheld market is that N has owned it for so long. Not much competition other than the Vita, which isn't doing so well. More competition from tablets and phones now. Console market is a totally different scenario, with Nintendo not the biggest fish in the pond. I'm sure development costs for DS games are a fraction of what console games cost.

Lets be honest though, even if the Wii U had all the 3rd party games as 360/ps3/one/ps4 im sure all of you would just get them for those instead anyways, lol

Well

Pikmin 3

Donkey Kong

Mario 3d World

Sonic Lost Worlds

This Holiday.

X

Bayonnetta 2

Smash Bros

SMT x Fire Emblem

Mario Kart first half of next year

Doesnt seem like it will take long.
No love for The Wonderful 101 huh? =\

Lets be honest though, even if the Wii U had all the 3rd party games as 360/ps3/one/ps4 im sure all of you would just get them for those instead anyways, lol
Indeed, though if Nintendo had a better online service... I might not.

the way the game industry is these days systems need support from more causal gamers then main stream gamers. The wii would have not had the success it did if causal people did not buy it and nothing you can say would change that logic. Alot of causal people see the name wii u and just thnk it's not a full new system and same thing could happen with xbox 1.

It's started and will only get worse with the new systems coming out. Best the Wii U can be is a niche system to play some of N's rehashes of old N games. Its quite obvious the U isn't going to be a system for any sports gamers. It's really sad to see the U in such bad shape.
Nintendo has never been the console of choice for sports games, going all the way back to the Genesis/SNES days.

i have always got a nintendo system for nintendo games which is the case for alot of people puzzles me why people think the wii u would have changed that for most people.

Well

Pikmin 3

Donkey Kong

Mario 3d World

Sonic Lost Worlds

This Holiday.

X

Bayonnetta 2

Smash Bros

SMT x Fire Emblem

Mario Kart first half of next year

Doesnt seem like it will take long.
Mario Land and Mario Kart from that list. And Kart is looking to be released at least 8 months from now.

This is good news in that one could assume it will help push more units. However, I will not be buying one just yet. Recently--and for the first time--I had a chance to give the console a try; I did not like it. The problem was the controller. It is too gaudy and awkward to hold and to my knowledge seldom used. I believe the day will come when it is smartly implemented as part of the core gaming experience on the system, but until then I am simply not interested. 

One buys Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, but what is more, Nintendo needs to make new IPs/heros. Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc., are fantastic, but gamers need new characters to have adventures with. 

This is good news in that one could assume it will help push more units. However, I will not be buying one just yet. Recently--and for the first time--I had a chance to give the console a try; I did not like it. The problem was the controller. It is too gaudy and awkward to hold and to my knowledge seldom used. I believe the day will come when it is smartly implemented as part of the core gaming experience on the system, but until then I am simply not interested.

One buys Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, but what is more, Nintendo needs to make new IPs/heros. Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc., are fantastic, but gamers need new characters to have adventures with.
There's something like 3 to 5 new IPs every year, if not more.

In 2012 you had Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, The Last Story, Nintendoland, The Denpa Men, and Xenoblade

In 2011 you' had Steel Diver, Pushmo, Freakyforms, and the first US release of Fortune Street ever.

In 2013 you've got Lego City Undercover, HarmoKnight, Pandora's Tower, and The Wonderful 101.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, nothing wrong with enjoying a game just because it's targeted at children. I play games with my kids and watch their TV shows and enjoy a fair amount of them. That said, my comment was more along the lines of, people like these games and are embarrassed that Nintendo targets them at kids.

Speaking of the 2DS....have the decided to give up on portability? It's clearly a product for children and they don't have pockets that large. It's one thing to carry an iPad or something the size of a 2DS in your carry-on luggage on a plane or bring it in the car but kids bring their DS's in their pocket to a variety of places that they would never carry an iPad. Good luck fitting this into your pocket.
I wish they had a system bundle with a case (with the same release date of Pokemon, I would assume Pokemon?) . They will have Nintendo brand cases for $12.99. A 2DS bundle with a case and either Pokemon X and Y for $179.99 would be appealing. Coincidentally, the 2DS comes in blue and red.

I think Sega has a 3 game exclusive deal with nintendo.  Lost Worlds, Olympics and one unannounced game.  If a crossover game like olympics is part of the deal, then I think Sonic most likely being in Smash 4 would be the end of that.

bread's done
Back