Wii Video 9 Questions (ATTN: STRELL)

supershammy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I decided to start a topic on Wii Video 9, a program billed as being capable of converting almost any video format into that which the Wii can play. This can be a discussion on getting it to work, but I thought I'd grab Strell's attention so he could add whatever info is gained here to his all-inclusive FAQ.

DOWNLOAD WII VIDEO 9 HERE

Last night I spent some time specifically with trying to figure out how to e-mail video as well as pictures to my Wii. Here are some things I noticed:

- Wii Video 9 oftentimes converts into a larger file size. It would take MPGs of 1.5MB in size and turn them into MJPEGs of 4MB in size. WMVs suffered the same fate.

- I tried changing the bitrate that it converts to to the lowest setting to make smaller video size, and it didn't seem to have a positive effect on file size.

- I tried e-mailing numerous file sizes to the Wii. It does not seem to accept any file over 1MB as an attachment. E-mailing such filesizes has resulted in never receiving the e-mail or getting a flat-out rejection letter that lets me know the Wii cannot accept the e-mail because it is too large. Perhaps 1MB is the maximum file size the Wii will accept as an attachment? I have not found any information regarding this yet.

+ As a subnote to that note, I tried e-mailing large-resolution photos (1024x768) to the Wii, from 300kb-1MB and it never received them. To see if they had backed up my e-mail pipeline or some wacky shit, I tried e-mailing myself a simple e-mail with no attachments. It received that in 30 seconds. Perhaps there is a maximum photo resolution?

+ I also managed to find and convert a video that was smaller than 1MB to a video smaller than 1MB once again. I e-mailed it to the Wii, and the Wii received the e-mail, but the converted video didn't play properly on my PC when I tried and wasn't even listed in the e-mail when I checked it, as though I didn't attach anything in the first place.

- The video quality that Wii Video 9 converts to is very nice! I was thoroughly impressed, I was honestly expecting something along the lines of a .flv. Speaking of .flv....

- The Wii will not play .flv attachments (but we all probably knew that).

So, the guesses I'm making about e-mail functionality with the Wii are as follows:

The Wii will not accept files over 1MB.
The Wii has a maximum photo resolution it will accept.
There are no pr0n clips small enough to convert to the right format and size and e-mail to the Wii.

I don't have an SD card reader, so I can't put any of these converted files on one to test them in the Photo Channel. Hopefully one of you guys could try it out. I really hope Wii Video 9 works as it should, I want to stop burning CD-RWs to play in my DVD player and start watching Dexter, Weeds, Veronica Mars, and so on on my Wii!!

[quote name='supershammy']Okay; shall I move the bulk of my post about e-mailing to your thread?[/quote]
Just post it in Strell's FAQ thread. He can sort through the info we already have and what we didn't know.

We already know that only jpgs can be emailed to the Wii, with pushing the resolution envelope making their chances of working less likely. Your best bet to get pics or videos on the Wii is to put them on an SD card.

HI, I read as much as I could and could not find the answer I need, so sorry if this has been posted before.

I have the converter, I can choose the video, it converts it fine. But I do not know how to get it to the Sd card. I have tried everything. In the converter library the files are there and will play from there. If i hit copy to device or move to device nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='Swizel']HI, I read as much as I could and could not find the answer I need, so sorry if this has been posted before.

I have the converter, I can choose the video, it converts it fine. But I do not know how to get it to the Sd card. I have tried everything. In the converter library the files are there and will play from there. If i hit copy to device or move to device nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]
So you have an SD card reader (either built into your PC or connected via USB) and can't copy videos from the converter's output folder to the SD card's folder?

I have sd reader on my new computer. After the video is converted, I see it in the Wii 9video converted programs Library. But all I can do is play it.
If i Highlight a video and choose copy or move the highlight goes away and nothing happens. I don't know how else to move it to the card.

I even tried copying the movies to the card, Then converting them...thinking they would be converted on the card, not just in the programs library..but when i take the card to the WII it says no readable movies found.

Basically I just don't know what you are suppossed to do to copy the files to the SD card.

[quote name='Swizel']I have sd reader on my new computer. After the video is converted, I see it in the Wii 9video converted programs Library. But all I can do is play it.
If i Highlight a video and choose copy or move the highlight goes away and nothing happens. I don't know how else to move it to the card.

I even tried copying the movies to the card, Then converting them...thinking they would be converted on the card, not just in the programs library..but when i take the card to the WII it says no readable movies found.

Basically I just don't know what you are suppossed to do to copy the files to the SD card.[/quote]
You're not going to be able to copy it from there. You'll have to find the output folder, which isn't that hard to find if you just let it default the location. It should be in the C directory, then the Red Kawa folder in the Program Files folder, then just go to the video section and then the Wii portion of that.

bread's done
Back