Wii vs. Everyone..Mario Kart vs. GTA 4!!

xtreme_Zr2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Not sure if this already posted in this forum, but figured it'd be good discussioin. Mario Kart Wii was dated today for April 27, 2008.....If I remember correctly my GTA 4 pre-order is April 29, 2008.

I will obviously buy both games, however why this tactic from Nintendo? GTA 4 is IMO the biggest game of the year, Nintendo must have grown some big cojones to try to take the money out of others hands two days early for GTA 4.

Do we want to take shots at total sales figures of both games? First week sales, etc.?

[quote name='InuFaye']No Sales are Dumb.

NPDs are even worse.

Different games for different crowds.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... they're both high caliber titles but tailor towards different audiences. GTAIV is more serious, adult oriented whereas MK is more family friendly.

I think Nintendo Just wants to get its product out. Weren't both products already delayed? I think Nintendo cares more about building its library than what games its going up against.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Not sure if this already posted in this forum, but figured it'd be good discussioin.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it won't be.

I'm getting both at launch.

I will play the hell out of Mario Kart for 2 days, attempting to beat all the single player modes I can.

Then when I get GTA IV that's all I'm gonna play for a few weeks at least.

When I beat GTA, I'll check out the Mario Kart online modes.

I think I will be developing a really bad flu and missing a few days of work at the end of April, beginning of May. *cough*

yea i think nintendo cares about building their library too, but they also put out top quality 1st party games, they need to bring back the nintendo quality game seal
and GTA4 and Mario Kart will both sell regardless, i'll be picking up both, or probably mario kart then getting GTA4 for free

from the article on egm(april 08 issue pg.15)

zelda twilight princess sold 4.3 million
wii play sold 9.23 million
super paper mario 2.16 million
big brain academy wii degree 2 million
mario party 8 4.35 million
mario strikers charged 1.65 million
metroid prime 3 1.14 million
super mario galaxy 5.19 million

[quote name='itachiitachi']I think Nintendo Just wants to get its product out. Weren't both products already delayed? I think Nintendo cares more about building its library than what games its going up against.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InuFaye']No Sales are Dumb.

NPDs are even worse.

Different games for different crowds.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Mario Kart and GTA4 are aimed at the same audience. The same way that the Care Bears and crack are aimed at the same audience.

[quote name='Vinny'] GTAIV is more serious, adult oriented whereas MK is more family friendly.[/QUOTE]Eating shrooms to make you go faster down a hallucinogenic rainbow road will always be just as serious and adult as beating a prostitute to death!

This actually works as an awesome birthday present. My birthday is the 29th, and I already have both games paid off. So it looks like my friends will be able to play me in Mario Kart, Smash brothers, and GTA. Not sure how the multiplayer will work in GTA, but I think I can have fun with it none the less.

I guess this would be like Pixar releasing a film the same weekend as a new Bond flick. But video games should have much longer legs than films and I'd guess Nintendo games have longer legs than just about anything else.

My wallet will weep. I spend more time reading about videogames than playing them, but I can't help but buy every decent release at the same time. My backlog would make some of you cry.

definitely going for mario kart right away, actually gonna switch my preorder from gta4 to mario kart hoping that it will still come out that day

[quote name='whoknows']I'm pretty sure Mario Kart and GTA4 are aimed at the same audience. The same way that the Care Bears and crack are aimed at the same audience.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think they ARE geared for the same audience (sort of).
If you like video games, you'll want to get these two games. Just because I'm over 17 doesn't mean I don't like Nintendo anymore ;)

Probably no to either. I am waiting a bit to pickup smash, and GTIV will be everywhere used shortly after its release.

I have never been a GTA fan, well except 2 was decent to watch on the DC, my brother liked that one, and loved the others.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']they need to bring back the nintendo quality game seal
[/quote]I hear this one a lot. It's like nobody was alive during the NES era or something.

the difference is that years from now Mario Kart will cost $29.99 while GTA 4 will cost $20 and have 2 sequels.

Well the only good Mario kart games are really Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS so probably GTA4 will do better...

This puts me in a bad spot. My kids love Mario Kart so most likely I'll be buying that on launch and catching GTA on sale or used sometime later.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Well the only good Mario kart games are really Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS so probably GTA4 will do better...[/QUOTE]

i'm sure i'm not the only one that really enjoyed double dash
have you played mario kart 64 lately? i kept running into walls cuz the graphics were too bad
but mario kart on snes is a classic

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i'm sure i'm not the only one that really enjoyed double dash
have you played mario kart 64 lately? i kept running into walls cuz the graphics were too bad
but mario kart on snes is a classic[/quote]
I own double dash. It sucks. You only have 3 circuts unless you choose to go through all that boring krap. The game it self was disappointing. Mario kart 64 is actually ENJOYABLE, since when do you play video games only for graphics? Thats like saying you just buy Michael Jordan shoes cuz you saw him in space jam...

[quote name='SolidMetal']I own double dash. It sucks. You only have 3 circuts unless you choose to go through all that boring krap. The game it self was disappointing. Mario kart 64 is actually ENJOYABLE, since when do you play video games only for graphics? Thats like saying you just buy Michael Jordan shoes cuz you saw him in space jam...[/quote]

No, Mario Kart 64 sucks. Double Dash is actually ENJOYABLE.

[quote name='naes']I thought all Mario Kart games were enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Well you aren't allowed to. 64 or Double Dash, like one and hate the other or else.

I've only played the SNES, DS, and GC Mario Karts and they were all fun. I'll definitely pick up Mario Kart Wii (though probably not day one), maybe GTA IV.

[quote name='whoknows']Well you aren't allowed to. 64 or Double Dash, like one and hate the other or else.[/quote]

What about Super Mario Kart? \\:D/

[quote name='whoknows']Well you aren't allowed to. 64 or Double Dash, like one and hate the other or else.[/quote]
:wall: This is, sadly, what many people believe. :wall:

[quote name='SpazX']I've only played the SNES, DS, and GC Mario Karts and they were all fun. I'll definitely pick up Mario Kart Wii (though probably not day one), maybe GTA IV.[/quote]

No N64 one? Where is the LOVE?

[quote name='whoknows']Everyone likes that one because it's a classic[/quote]

Oh okay I forgot classics change everything!!!!!!!, then I love the N64 one and hate the one for GC.

[quote name='whoknows']Everyone likes that one because it's a classic[/quote]

No, everyone likes that one because it doesn't suck like all the other games and every other game after it.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh okay I forgot classics change everything!!!!!!!, then I love the N64 one and hate the one for GC.[/quote]

Double Dash is an instant classic. Mario Kart64 is trash. Trash isn't classic. :D

[quote name='whoknows']I'm pretty sure Mario Kart and GTA4 are aimed at the same audience. The same way that the Care Bears and crack are aimed at the same audience.[/quote]

Correct. They are both aimed at people who love kickass fun games, with great gameplay, and high replay value.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh okay I forgot classics change everything!!!!!!!, then I love the N64 one and hate the one for GC.[/quote]
Boo-yah! You are now officially sexy, how does it feel to be sexy? Pretty amazing I bet. Silent Assassin120 is now dubbed the sexinator.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Boo-yah! You are now officially sexy, how does it feel to be sexy? Pretty amazing I bet. Silent Assassin120 is now dubbed the sexinator.[/quote]

Get a room homos! :D

[quote name='SolidMetal']:applause: So creative.[/quote]

ur m0m lolz

:whee:
I freaking love that thing

I have very little want for GTA IV. I do want the special edition. I am torn. I am not a huge GTA fan, but they are fun. I do love Mario Kart and can't wait to have that bad boy.

bread's done
Back