Wii w/ $25 gift card- Circuit City has Wii - but would not sell them until Sunday

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!
I went on my rounds to find a Wii tonight. Went all over w/ no luck. Went to CC and asked, the associate went in the back and came out w/ one and stated that she had 6. I stated I wanted one and my co-worker w/ me wanted one as well.

We went to the counter and even though they were in the system, they couldnt ring them up. The manager tried to make it happen but couldn't. She made a few phone calls and they stated that it was to be in the ad on Sunday and couldnt be sold.

BIG BUMMER.

They do have a gift card coupon in the store for $25 w/ a total purchase of $250-500

Buy the Wii on Sunday w/ a pack of gum and get the card.......other wise it will be a $10 for 100-250 purchase.

They were going to ring me up tonight with this deal but couldnt- system lock down as they have to legally have the Wii if in the ad on Sunday.

[quote name='grifta67']Course, at this point its too late for anyone regardless, but our CC in Cleveland only had 9.

Which makes at least one listing on the OP list incorrect by alot.[/QUOTE]

Yep, here in Columbus they got 6. Needless to say, I did not get one.

A swing and a miss for me as well. The CC here in Kansas City MO according to the allotment link was supposed to get 15. They only ended up with 6 and I was 9th in line.

my circuit city had 33 systems, and they were like u had to buy 2 games w/ it. i was like wtf. i sold my voucher to some mom for $70.

[quote name='jmillion']my circuit city had 33 systems, and they were like u had to buy 2 games w/ it. i was like wtf. i sold my voucher to some mom for $70.[/quote]u planned on ebaying it? 2 games isnt asking a whole lot. forced bundles suck of course but ya gotta buy games if your keeping it.

no i wasnt gona ebay it. it was a gift for my girlfriend. i only had enough for the Wii. i didnt have enough money for the games. i was gona buy the games in a few days when i got paid again. it just pissed me off thats all. @ the last second they wana make stipulations. im bout to go to Nintendo World and see what they have

I didn't have a cam or voice recorder on me, but I said I was writing a article for my blog and interviewed some people and a majority were there to ebay and craigslist the Wiis or PS3. They didn't care what they got they just wanted to double or triple their investment.

My local CC in Salem, NH only got 9. Of course, I didn't even bother going. The CS lady said they were all there since midnight.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I didn't have a cam or voice recorder on me, but I said I was writing a article for my blog and interviewed some people and a majority were there to ebay and craigslist the Wiis or PS3. They didn't care what they got they just wanted to double or triple their investment.[/quote]

You might be able to make a few bucks on the Wii but good luck to all those waiting in line to buy a PS3. BTW did anyone stick around long enough to find out if their stores had any PS3 units? I took off at 7:00AM after the manager checked ID (one per household) and handed out the tickets.

[quote name='Chitown021']You might be able to make a few bucks on the Wii but good luck to all those waiting in line to buy a PS3. BTW did anyone stick around long enough to find out if their stores had any PS3 units? I took off at 7:00AM after the manager checked ID (one per household) and handed out the tickets.[/QUOTE]

I didnt end up getting one, I showed up around 5am and the lines where far to deep. I was there for a Wii. I have a contest winner I owe a Wii to and I have been unable to fin one at a normal price. The BB did have a 10 PS3s.

I went this morning as well. While my CC had 21 Wii Consoles, I was well beyond the 21st person. This is the third time I fail to get a goddamn Wii. Even so, if I would have been one of those 21 people, I had forgotten my credit card so I would have still been unable to score one then. Suffice it to say, I would have been even angrier.

Hey... same with me^. They had 21, around 50+ people, and uh... well... on the bright side they did receive 20 PS3s. :/ oh well... maybe amazon can give me hope.

I got a Wii, but saw no mention of a giftcard. I was tired, cold, and hungry so I didn't feel like dealing with it. Maybe later I'll see if I can get an adjustment or my GC.

Man, CC in Emeryville only got 7!!!!! I dropped by my way towards 3 targets which has 12, 15, 15. Toys R Us in Pinole had I think 20. Where the hell are all the Wii's Nintendo promised????????? I'm not doing this again so my last bet is Amazon and even then I don't care anymore. Thinking about getting a 360 instead.

Psh, the Circuit City closest to me only got FIVE. I swung by around 3 but I heard that the fifth person had shown up by 12 AM.

Oh well. At least I already got mine, but I wish I could have gotten one for my friend.. Amazon is my last shot this season.

My brother and I just got our Wiis from circuit city, and you def. get a giftcard, since we purchased both systems on the same reciept we got a $50 dollar giftcard. I would just go back with your reciept and explain. ^_^ Congrats to everyone that got one, we waited outside from 130-645 when they handed out vouchers. We were 10-11 in line (the store was suppose to get 20+) and they had 11. Dumb luck hits everyone sometime, good luck to the people that havent gotten one yet.

I didn't see no mention of a giftcard with the purchase of Wii (basically $250 merchandise) :whistle2:x. I seen a gift card for the PSP (great deal) and XBox in the ad.

I swung by in hopes to get one for my niece and nephew, but there were already ebayers/scalpers there since 5 am, and they only got 8. So I went to the Mall where it was nice and warm and got one. :)

my cc had 6 and bb had 18 target had 15 I got one at target got there at 10.00pm and was 10 in line. Toysrus had 27. My target said they are sapose to get another ship. in before xmas. You had to stop and check everyday. They are just going to put them on the shelf when they got them.

I can't believe how hard it is to score a Wii. Suddenly makes my all-nighter on launch night seem a bit more worthwhile. Whether or not Nintendo hits the target number, it is pretty impressive how many consoles have sold since launch worldwide. I assume Nintendo felt they had a holiday hit on their hands, but not at the level it has reached. Talk about being blindsided.

I went this morning to my local Circuit City in Evansville(my dear old dad even went along to keep me company). We showed up at 4 AM and were the first ones. There were probably 30 people (including about 8 tents) at the Best Buy as we drove by, but nobody at CC!
Anyway, this link:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/....php?p=3031504
was completely wrong. It said my CC should have 24...they had ten.
We ended up getting two (we were going to get just one, but I'm getting my bro one) and meeting a lot of nice people.

Oh, and the $40 off was no problem at all.

drove by my CC around 6am and there was a line of about 30. when i called earlier they said they only had 12 units.

was hoping that i could just go there a hour before they opened {=[

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']drove by my CC around 6am and there was a line of about 30. when i called earlier they said they only had 12 units.

was hoping that i could just go there a hour before they opened {=[[/quote]

I went to my CC at 5:00AM. When I arrived I was the 9th person in line. I figured I was a shoe in to get one until I was told they only had 6. I checked the door and sure enough it said 6. Since I was there and all of the other lines looked much worse I figured I would stay. I thought maybe this number was wrong and surely they would get at least 10-12. About 6:50AM the manager came out and said that they only had 6 units. He told everyone to get out a picture ID because they were only allowing one unit per household and everyone had to prove they lived in different places. #1 & #2 in line were a younger couple huddled up in a blanket. The guy got out his ID but the girl said she didn't have it. She asked if she could come back later with it and he said no. He told her without the ID her system would go to someone else.

The next 4 people in line all presented ID and were given a ticket. #7 in line was told that if #1 could not produce ID within 20 minutes the ticket was his and he could wait if he liked. I turned around and left at that moment. As I was leaving #1 was on her cell phone desperately trying to get someone to bring her ID to her. I don't know how long they had been there but that would suck to camp out all that time, be #1 in line, and not get a Wii. At the same time I like the effort by the store to prevent hoarding (the Johnson family lining up 5 people and having each purchase one).

I went by a Target and BB on the way home but by 7:00AM I knew the tickets had been handed out and I had no chance. C'mon Amazon.com!!

[quote name='somahead33']I can't believe how hard it is to score a Wii. Suddenly makes my all-nighter on launch night seem a bit more worthwhile. Whether or not Nintendo hits the target number, it is pretty impressive how many consoles have sold since launch worldwide. I assume Nintendo felt they had a holiday hit on their hands, but not at the level it has reached. Talk about being blindsided.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised as well . . . I thought the Wii would be pretty easy to get ahold of . . .

I wasn't prepared for the launch but got very, very, very lucky when I saw the CAG thread about TRUs second preorder (the week before launch) went over to TRU that Sunday morning at open and got a preorder.

I really like the system . . . hope the software makes it the leader in the long run.

[quote name='squidhead442']
Anyway, this link:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/....php?p=3031504
was completely wrong. It said my CC should have 24...they had ten.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't read the whole thread to see where that link was posted, but that list was for the restock on 12/3, not this weekends. Those numbers were accurate as far as I know. I picked up mine on 12/3 and the number matches the amount that my store received.

[quote name='zewone']I got a Wii, but saw no mention of a giftcard. I was tired, cold, and hungry so I didn't feel like dealing with it. Maybe later I'll see if I can get an adjustment or my GC.[/quote]

Good luck on that... both coupons ($25 GC or $40 0ff) stated that you can't use them on past purchases.

[quote name='Serpentor']Good luck on that... both coupons ($25 GC or $40 0ff) stated that you can't use them on past purchases.[/QUOTE]

so than return/rebuy the item heh :)

wii_ccsystems.jpg

Picked up a few systems at my local Circuit City last night. The adventure began at 12 AM, where there were already numerous people in line. My friends and I quickly got into the line to secure our spots. Throughout the night, the line continued to grow. From about 1 to 3 AM there were a solid 20 people or so in the line. Most people were sleeping or keeping themselves occupied with an electronic device.

At around 4, the line started to grow once again. People of all ages joined in: military guys, grandmas and grandpas, children, teens, scary people.

Circuit City employees came out at around 7 AM and had a bunch of vouchers in hand. They informed us that the vouchers were only valid until noon, and that each voucher had a specific register assigned to it. Turns out that they had around 40 vouchers (I got voucher #15), which was much less than the number of people in line at the time. About half the line ended up going home empty handed. Everyone who got a voucher either left (because they were already guaranteed a system until noon), or stayed around to wait for the store's doors to open. People continued to trickle in, but no employees were around to tell them that the vouchers were all gone, so unfortunately I had to be the bearer of bad news.

At 8 AM, the store opened it's doors. The small group that had stayed around rushed into the store. There was an incredibly sad display of games and accessories near the registers. Apparantly, these were all the games and accessories available. There were none of the newer games (such as Elebits), no controllers or nunchuks, and plenty of overpriced SD cards.

Anyway, I went to my designated register, traded in my voucher for a system, paid and left. They offered me a $25 gift card if I add the protection plan to my purchase. Of course this is a horrible waste of money when purchashing a Nintendo product, so I declined. I also tried to use the $40 off coupon, but unfortunately that did not work. That's the end of another Wii campout.

*Edited and revised because of RedvsBlue.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You have some of the most funky pauses and sentence fragments I've seen in a long time.[/quote]

Haha. Thanks? Now i'm going to edit it. Haha...

[quote name='schultzed']I'm surprised as well . . . I thought the Wii would be pretty easy to get ahold of . . .

I wasn't prepared for the launch but got very, very, very lucky when I saw the CAG thread about TRUs second preorder (the week before launch) went over to TRU that Sunday morning at open and got a preorder.

I really like the system . . . hope the software makes it the leader in the long run.[/quote]

My friend got lucky with a Wii as well at TRU, but that was due to the PS3 Pre-Order hype.

Well after all the BS I have gone through in the past week......I still did not get a Wii...................

Here's the break down:

Went to Circuit City- about 27th in line.....they annouce they only have 10!

Jumped across the street to Best Buy (largest line) approx 75 people in line....They make all these big annoucements about related groups of people only get 1 Wii??? Dont know how they determine this- perhaps the ID thing...anyways they only had 24!

One of my friends went to Toys r US- only had 15............sold out.

I then went down a block to Gamestop and Ebgames in the mall.....

EB has 6 wii and 12 people in line.......

I go to Gamespot, about 8:15 by now, the employee wasn't even there yet....about 7 people in line........He finally arrives and states that he doesn't have any Wii..............BUT that he has 10 - 60g PS3's !!!

SO, I bought one of these........still not sure if I want to keep it yet.....I have 30 days to debate the sell or keep or whatever...........still no Wii but NOT empty handed!

************ On top of this I have not heard from Circuit City Corp. about my complaint to the Cool Line.................

[quote name='Tendoboy']Well after all the BS I have gone through in the past week......I still did not get a Wii...................

Here's the break down:

Went to Circuit City- about 27th in line.....they annouce they only have 10!

Jumped across the street to Best Buy (largest line) approx 75 people in line....They make all these big annoucements about related groups of people only get 1 Wii??? Dont know how they determine this- perhaps the ID thing...anyways they only had 24!

One of my friends went to Toys r US- only had 15............sold out.

I then went down a block to Gamestop and Ebgames in the mall.....

EB has 6 wii and 12 people in line.......

I go to Gamespot, about 8:15 by now, the employee wasn't even there yet....about 7 people in line........He finally arrives and states that he doesn't have any Wii..............BUT that he has 10 - 60g PS3's !!!

SO, I bought one of these........still not sure if I want to keep it yet.....I have 30 days to debate the sell or keep or whatever...........still no Wii but NOT empty handed!

************ On top of this I have not heard from Circuit City Corp. about my complaint to the Cool Line.................[/quote]

I stood out in Best Buy line of about 50, they had 19.

Then I went over to Gamestop and waited. I was 5th in line, other Gamestops had 6 or 8 or 10.... mine had 4.

I waited outside for 4 hours in ~ 20 degree weather to come home with a nunchuck. I feel your pain...

I went to a gamestop yesterday morning to pick one up for my sister. I arrived at gamestop and someone in line told me they have nine wii's for sale but your number ten in line. Talk about heartbreaking. So I go to BB, CC, toysrus and other gamestops all with in the span of an hour and they either have none or there is a crazy amount of people in line so I know there is no shot to get one. It was so frustrating. After Christmas these will probably be available everywhere.

bread's done
Back