Wii - Whitestone, NY - TRU, before you buy stick it to the manager

jw1976

CAGiversary!
A friend just told me that they had wii's there today and bought one...

but a warning, because the manager claims you must buy a protection plan before you get the wii, because he claims that alot of wiis have frozen and nintendo doesn't want to do anything about them.

of course it's BS b/c nintendo has one of the best customer service out there.

so if you go and he gives you some protection plan bs, stick it to him...

same friend already reported the store to TRU corp (even though it probably won't do any good)

or...

Get the protection plan, walk over to customer services a couple seconds later, and return it.

It's not a real sale or a real bundle, so you would be able to return anything you don't want.

It isn't illegal, a store can sell anything for any price they want and with any extras. As long as they don't contradict themselves with advertisements, and it works as expected. A violation of TRU policy most likely, but not illegal.

I don't ususally do this sort of thing but I was able to buy a Wii today for a relative and while waiting in line the cashier was pushing the extended warranty to everyone. This would be fine... but when one the guys in front of me was buying a Wii he asked if Nintendo gives you a warranty and the cashier said I don't know.

So I told him they give you one year and if you register it online they give you another 3 months. So it could have just passed but almost everyone on the line started asking me about it so I told them the same thing. When it was my turn to buy the system the cashier wasn't pissed but asked me not to do that since she needs to sell the warranty. I just said sure and left it at that. At one point she did mention that they would give you 2 years on top of whatever Nintendo gave you but that was only after my little speech.

I don't care if TRU pushes the warranties but at least have some information and truth about what exactly Nintendo gives you and what the TRU warranty gives you. Needless to say the 4 or 5 people that bought Wii's didn't get the extended warranties :)

bread's done
Back