wii/ wii u or save my money ?

jeff1304

CAGiversary!
Well I have a friend willing to sell me a wii mini for $30 which im really thinking about but would my money be better spent elsewhere like a full size wii or wii u ? The only reason I will be getting one is mostly for the zelda, metroid, and a few jrpg games. what would you guys get ?

Until the Wii U gets some decent games and/or a price drop, I'd say go with that Wii Mini for the exclusives you're talking about. For $30, you can't really go wrong as long as it comes with all the necessary cables and controller

Until the Wii U gets some decent games and/or a price drop, I'd say go with that Wii Mini for the exclusives you're talking about. For $30, you can't really go wrong as long as it comes with all the necessary cables and controller
my coworker bought it 3 days ago comes with cables and the controller its like new

Hard to pass on the Wii for $30.

I love my Wii U though, so if you plan on getting one eventually maybe hold off and just save the cash to get a Wii u after another price drop or sale. Then again, it's only $30, so you can't go wrong either way.

Personally, I'm really enjoying my Wii U (bought one around Christmas), but I really like the lineup of games that are coming out for it and I'm catching up on some Wii games as well

For $30 I would get the wii mini and look for the super cheap nintendo exclusives for Wii.   The Wii U will have to price drop this year or pack in some serious hits in the box soon to pick up some sales numbers.

I would buy the Wii mini (especially if it's a completed boxed version) for $30, but just know what the Wii mini doesn't have: internet capabilities (means no Virtual Console / Wiiware games as well), 480p output, SD card support, Gamecube support.  If none of these matter to you, then by all means use it as your primary until you upgrade to a Wii U down the road.

Personally, the biggest let down of the Wii mini is the lack of 480p output, as even though the Wii is weak in terms of graphical power, tethering it down to 480i makes it that much worse on a larger HDTV.

Again, I would still buy it for $30, if not only for the red Wii remote / nunchuck combo and the Wii mini console as a collectable in the future.

or would i be better off waiting for the wii u to drop in price soon ? Nintendo is offering refurb wii u deluxe for $250. the huge drop in sales estimate drop wii u prices ?

Yeah its going to get cheaper by the year's end, especially with promotional sales.  If its a decision between a used Wii at GS and a Wii U later, I'd go for the Wii U (as long as you don't mind waiting, which I assume is the case).

If its a choice between the Wii mini for $30 and the Wii U later, I'd get the Wii mini now (as long as you don't mind the 480i output in the mean time), and recoup the cost by selling the mini later.

on of the largest reasons im getting it for is zelda I want to play all the newer zelda games n64 and newer because I haven't played any of them and I hear very good things. I was going to play the 2 newest ones then go back and play the older ones hoping for a hd remake like wind waker just got

I think the wii is so much more fun than other consoles, but I believe Nintendo is taking a hard beating with low sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
In their last daily sale cowboom was offering the wii u pro systems for $150 which could be an option if wanting one sooner. Just be sure to pick one that includes all the necessary cables and is a grade 5 or better.

bread's done
Back