Wii Zapper + RE 4 Wii Edition?

musics_muse

CAGiversary!
Anyone give this a try yet? i loved RE4 and all but since i already bought the gamecube version i had no desire to buy the wii edition format. however now that they came out with the wii zapper and im currently playing umbrella chronicles im in the mood for more!

so...

1) anyone tried the wii zapper + re4 combo yet? if so, how is it?

2) i read somewhere that the controls for the wii edition cannot be changed for the wii mote...can anyone verify this? i HAVE played the wii edition back when it first came out and i couldve SWORN i was able to change the trigger button from A to B (made sense to me then...more "gunlike" i suppose)

anyone? anyone? anyone? (in ferris bueller style questioning)

1) I couldn't imagine that working very well, as having them separate is pretty damn important at parts.
2) Nope. You hold down B to draw your weapon and hit A to fire. You can, however, use the Classic Controller if you suck prefer.

[quote name='The Crotch']1) I couldn't imagine that working very well, as having them separate is pretty damn important at parts.[/quote]
IIRC, the Zapper instructions show support for an "alternate" configuration where you separate the nunchuk and hold it in your left hand.

--R.J.

This is what you need.

PUWP020_640_3.jpg

http://www.penguinunited.com/proddetail.php?prod=PUWP020

Exactly... no matter what you do, or what gun you buy, you'll NEVER be able to change the fact that you need to hold B in order to press A to fire.

Nunchuk seperate, attached, whatever other problems that there are, it ALL goes back to that one major problem, which is the lack of completely remappable buttons.

I realize that you have to know the game before you can figure out Zapper support, but here's a clue... anything produced before the Zapper is either probably not going to be feasible at all, or will only get about 75% of the way to working (like CoD3).

Goddamn RE4 is a good game. I've had SMG in the Wii for so long (haven't had much time to play) that I'd forgotten any other game. Popped in RE4 late last night and gave it to those undead mofos. Using this thread as an excuse to state how much I love the game.

IMHO much better--more involving, more replayability--than SMG. The "it brings out the kid in you!" arguments for SMG don't even begin to trump RE4's "it brings out the zombie skull fucker in--and scares the everloving shit out of--you." But no one would nominate a GC port for Wii GOTY, otherwise there'd be riots, mayhem, whatnot. Has a game ever won GOTY two years in a row, but for different consoles (that is, the original and a port each won GOTY)? Or is it bad form to nominate a title from yesteryear?

bread's done
Back