Wiimote Charging Stations...

Well i bought the nyko one when it first came out and have not been happier since. I no longer have to buy batteries every other week, lol.

I havent tried the other brands yet, but im sure they work just as well.

same here. i bought the nyko one which works well. however i would love to hear about the other ones. the thing to consider with the newer ones is that they use the usb port on the back of the wii to charge it. great idea if your surge protector is full and you have no nearby outlets.

besides that though i like the nyko since it charges two wiimotes at the same time and come with rubberized battery packs.

Things to consider with these stations (or, what I would think about):

1. Does it alter the look of the Wiimote, and are you ok with that? I.e., is having your battery cover be potentially a slightly different shade of white and/or having a gray rubber cover (such as Nyko) going to bother you? It's something to think about.

2. They won't work if you've got silicon skins on your wiimotes.

3. If they charge via USB only, then they'll only charge with the Wii is turned on. I don't know if this means they'll pull a charge when the Wii is in standby or not, and USB charging doesn't seem as appealing to me as charging straight through an outlet.

4. The battery packs have a potential to wear down over time and ultimately become useless, and right now there's no real way to determine how long that might take. Which means there's a chance you could have a dud in a few years. Course if you paid $30 for it and it lasted that long, that's better than potentially hundreds in batteries.

5. Does it change the weight of the Wiimote substantially?

6. Do you trust a third party with power and charging?

This all said, the Nyko station seems nice. If you can get over the fact that it changes the battery covers, then it seems like a good product. I'm still debating if I want one or not.

The last thing to keep in mind? There was a rumor a while ago where Nintendo was said to be thinking about a Wiimote version 2, which would address a few different issues. Namely, that there was no internal rechargeable battery. Now personally, I like to not have internal rechargeable batteries unless I'm allowed to buy a replacement a few years down the road when the holding time goes to crap, as well as the fact that once it goes dead, you've got to wait for it to recharge. But keep in mind that this is a rumor so there's no way to know anything about it.

I will say that the chance of it happening are somewhat high, however. Nintendo has said releasing different colored Wiimotes is higher on their list that different colored systems.

[quote name='Strell']6. Do you trust a third party with power and charging?[/quote]That's the big issue here. I think it's pretty foolish to ever do that. Unless you want to buy a new remote next year.

Could you guys be more stupid?
If you buy a battery from nyko or if you buy a super special battery from nintendo with awesome stickers all over it, it comes from the same damn chink factory.
Nintendo sells crappy stuff, third parties sell crappy stuff, so why care who you buy it from.

P.S. The stickers dont do anything.

[quote name='mastarecoil']Could you guys be more stupid?
If you buy a battery from nyko or if you buy a super special battery from nintendo with awesome stickers all over it, it comes from the same damn --edit-- factory.
Nintendo sells crappy stuff, third parties sell crappy stuff, so why care who you buy it from.

P.S. The stickers dont do anything.[/quote]First of all, watch the racial slurs, buddy. What is your problem?

Second of all, it may very well be the same battery, but that "sticker" ensures that if something goes wrong, things will still be under warranty. Without it and it takes out your stuff, you're SOL.

[/QUOTE]

Possibly, as I didn't write your train wreck of a post.

If you buy a battery from nyko or if you buy a super special battery from nintendo with awesome stickers all over it, it comes from the same damn chink factory.

P.S. The stickers dont do anything.[/quote]

why care all? why care no have sticker damn chink live time fun! why so stupid? battery like waterfall, same type fall electlicity!

I was about to ask this since it's a pain in the ass to take off the silicone skin to change the battery every few days.

I'm amazed that Nintendo didn't go with some sort of rechargeable format or even give us the option yet.

I reviewed two battery packs already and received two more already. They're in the "testing" phase right now before I give full review.

bread's done
Back