Wiimote Question

CAGiversary!
So I'm holding my wiimote at eye level and the cursor doesn't actually correspond to where I point it on screen regardless of the position of the sensor bar, its about half a foot off from 7-8 feet away from the screen(horizontal positioning is fine); I have to hold it down low in my lap, not really a problem, but is this the norm or am I alone? I've read in several places that this is the case with the main wii menu and some games and is probably software specific, but I just want to make sure it's not my hardware. Thanks.

edit: here is a picture of what I'm talking about:
Zelda TP with a laser pointer attached to the wiimote
WiiDiff2_qjpreviewth.jpg

the article where I got this:
http://wii.qj.net/Adventures-in-Wiimotion-the-Wiimote-differential-/pg/49/aid/72559

[quote name='0192837465']So I'm holding my wiimote at eye level and the cursor doesn't actually correspond to where I point it on screen regardless of the position of the sensor bar, its about half a foot off from 7-8 feet away from the screen(horizontal positioning is fine); I have to hold it down low in my lap, not really a problem, but is this the norm or am I alone? I've read in several places that this is the case with the main wii menu and some games and is probably software specific, but I just want to make sure it's not my hardware. Thanks.
[/quote]

I sort of had this problem when I played originally. Is your sensor bar perfectly straight on top of your tv? Mine was a bit crooked and I straightened it out, which worked much better.

Thats probably not what is wrong in your case, but it worked for me.

I sort of had this problem when I played originally. Is your sensor bar perfectly straight on top of your tv? Mine was a bit crooked and I straightened it out, which worked much better.

Thats probably not what is wrong in your case, but it worked for me.
Thanks for replying; I think my horizontal movement is fine, just the vertical is off. Do you play with the wiimote/nunchuk in your lap, or when you point do you hold it up chest/eye level?

Also I have noticed the in game callibration settings in Zelda TP to account for this, but it still is off on the main menu, not a big deal, but if I'm just one in a million I'll exchange it. Thanks again.

I found this two, especially in Zelda with the fairy. It generally doesn't matter especially cause most things are relative (swinging the sword and such doesn't matter where your pointing, just the shaking). But it does throw me way off with the slingshot.

I know what's wrong... When you choose whether you want the sensor bar above or below your television, pick the one with the least distance between the sensor bar and the active screen (the actual pixels). For example, my TV has buttons on the bottom side, so the distance to where the sensor bar would be from the active screen is around 4 inches. When I put it there, the aiming was pretty off. So, I moved it to the top of the screen, where the distance is only about 1.5 inches. Aiming got much better vertically.
Horizontal aiming is a matter of whether the sensor bar is correctly centered.

[quote name='lilboo']Before this thread dies, I have a question. Can you lower the volume on the Wiimote. How?[/QUOTE]

I had to stumble upon this. Press the home button on your wiimote and there'll be an options page for the controller. I'm pretty sure it's right there at the bottom of the screen. Click that and then the volume option's right there.

bread's done
Back