Wiimotion in action with Tech Demo

Hot shit. I'll probably pick up Wii Sports Resort but I won't pick up any additional Plus add-ons until there are several good games available for purchase and not just announced.

The cynic in me wants to say, "So by 'no lag' he means 'a small, but noticeable amount of lag'."

But screw it. If developers can actually make this work in their games, it'll could be totally sweet.

that looks really good. i really hope developers take this on. this would vastly improve the motion control in games.

i still want to see the price tag they're putting on the attachment though.

So essentially they can have a realistic lightsaber or sword fighting game now?

Nice, I am psyched for it, assume the devs don't fuck things up.

This is a good thing nintendo did but they really kept it under wraps. The developers had no knowledge of this add-on sadly :/

Hopefully they can take advantage of this asap and not shoot out any more shovelware

http://kotaku.com/5032673/iwata-wii-motion-plus-will-be-cheap

the quote in this article from iwata made me very happy.

"There will be games that will be enhanced by the Wii Motion Plus as well as games that can only be played with it. Users will need four if they have four controllers, but we're going to try to offer it for as little as possible. We haven't announced the price yet, but the cost of making the Wii Motion Plus is not that much, so I think we can make it very affordable."

i'm happy that they know that price is an issue. and that they're making it their goal to make it affordable. cause i really think that this could improve controls. i just don't want it to divide the market.

They really should just package them in with every game that requires it, or send them out to everyone a la the improved straps and Wii condoms. Otherwise the non-hardcore are going to be confused as hell.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So Iwata wants to make these 'affordable.' That's cute.

I'll go ahead and guess 19.99 each.[/QUOTE]
He may shock and surprise us at 9.99. You never know.

[quote name='javeryh']LOL - shouldn't the Wii have this right out of the box at launch? They certainly led us to believe it...[/quote]

no they didn't?

[quote name='javeryh']LOL - shouldn't the Wii have this right out of the box at launch? They certainly led us to believe it...[/quote]

they sure did. Way to nickel and dime people nintendo!

this is just another tech demo (one of many) which will probably never see games incorporate it.

the guy in the vid is a complete wanker and his 'company' is just trying to get rich quick off of the wiis success.

bread's done
Back