Wii's at Bestbuy 3/9

[quote name='depward']Not a deal.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* And let the same old recyled debate run yet again on these forums. To many (myself included) anytime the Wii is expected to be in stock is indeed a deal since they are still hard to find in most locations. While full retail price is typically not much of a deal; it is when such hard to find items are projected to be in stock.

With all that being said, I do believe that this is already mentioned above in the best buy sticky.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

EDIT: I just realized that the sticky posts only show deals through 3/8. Again, thanks to the OP for the heads up.

I think there has been a conspiracy from Nintendo to keep these out of stock until Super smash brothers brawl appears. I bet this Sunday (3/9) the release date for SSBB that not just BB and TRU who we have already seen leaks for, but I bet Target, Kmart, and Wal-Mart will have it too. Shall wait and see and I agree with the previous poster that getting these at regular retail price is a deal, you can't even buy used Wii's for retail price.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']*sigh* And let the same old recyled debate run yet again on these forums. To many (myself included) anytime the Wii is expected to be in stock is indeed a deal since they are still hard to find in most locations. While full retail price is typically not much of a deal; it is when such hard to find items are projected to be in stock.

With all that being said, I do believe that this is already mentioned above in the best buy sticky.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

EDIT: I just realized that the sticky posts only show deals through 3/8. Again, thanks to the OP for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks OP

It is a deal if you don't mind over 15 months of shortages. I think I deserve a little more respect as a customer, but that's just me.

[quote name='depward']Not a deal.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Are we going to have these kinds of threads for 2 more years?:roll:

Most Best Buys already have them instock. Since its a 15 minimum you might get them to sell one of the extras if you ask, since all they have to hold is 15.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Most Best Buys already have them instock. Since its a 15 minimum you might get them to sell one of the extras if you ask, since all they have to hold is 15.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought too but I've tried and it doesn't work that way.

Agree with everyone thanking the OP, and I add my thanks as well. I posted a question in the other deals board a few days ago asking for help in finding the Walmart exclusive Galactic Heroes Millennium Falcon for my kids (and me too, I admit it). Was not looking for a "deal" per se, just looking for help in locating. A poster helped me out by providing a link telling me they would be released to Walmarts on 3/1. I live near a 24 hour Walmart and went there at midnight. Lo and behold, they were stocking them. Picked 2 up, one for my kids one for my nephew, and all was well. So to me, this was a deal.

I have accidentally posted repeat deals on this site, and some gracious people simply pointed it out without being malicious. I appreciated that as well.

I believe more information is better than less, especially for things in high demand.

So thanks, OP. I'm not in the market for a Wii, but someone might be and knowing where and when to get them has got to make those people feel armed with better info than a non-CAGer.

[quote name='morpheusx']I think there has been a conspiracy from Nintendo to keep these out of stock until Super smash brothers brawl appears. I bet this Sunday (3/9) the release date for SSBB that not just BB and TRU who we have already seen leaks for, but I bet Target, Kmart, and Wal-Mart will have it too. Shall wait and see and I agree with the previous poster that getting these at regular retail price is a deal, you can't even buy used Wii's for retail price.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo just likes keeping the hype up. But they are also really picky about who makes'em. Thats why your 360 breaks and your Wii, DS, GBA, Cube, N64, SNES, NES never red ringed.(Ok, so you had to clean your nes carts with a q-tip sometimes, you got me there:)

[quote name='jedi0077']Nintendo just likes keeping the hype up. But they are also really picky about who makes'em. Thats why your 360 breaks and your Wii, DS, GBA, Cube, N64, SNES, NES never red ringed.(Ok, so you had to clean your nes carts with a q-tip sometimes, you got me there:)[/quote]
My launch system Gamecube's CD drive crapped out on me after 4 and 1/2 years :cry: But you are right mine broke because the 1 year old baby of mine at the time got a hold of the baby powder and sprayed it inside the lid. GRRRR.

[quote name='depward']Not a deal.[/QUOTE]

*sigh...

Okay, Wii bundles at Costco YMMV. There were like 5 left at my local Costco a couple days ago. Includes Wii, Wiimote with Wiiplay, Nunchuk and Super Mario Galaxy and sells for $250. For some, that's like getting a free game, for others it's like getting a free set of controllers. For everyone, it's backed by Costco's awesome return/warranty policy. How's that for a deal?

[quote name='PikaPichu']*sigh...

Okay, Wii bundles at Costco YMMV. There were like 5 left at my local Costco a couple days ago. Includes Wii, Wiimote with Wiiplay, Nunchuk and Super Mario Galaxy and sells for $250. For some, that's like getting a free game, for others it's like getting a free set of controllers. For everyone, it's backed by Costco's awesome return/warranty policy. How's that for a deal?[/quote]
Are you sure that wasn't listed at $330 something like it is at mine.

[quote name='SuperFox']Unless your Best Buy only gets 15...then you are only in for 15.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the sarcasm.

If you want a wii there is no reason you should not get one this sunday if you try. I have word that both Best Buy and Toys R Us will have upwards of 100 units per store (expected in 80-90% of stores).

Toys R Us is getting that large of a number because of their deal with Nintendo and Best Buy has been piling up wii's for 6 weeks now for Sunday's SSBB release.

Nintendo is making sure there are a lot of Wii's out for Brawl. Last Sunday i got my Wii at a CC and they got 45 Wii's. I got there after they opened and got mine and there were still some left after i left. Nintendo wants everyone to have a Wii for Brawl only prolem is there won't be enough Brawl copies for half the people who own a Wii... I think.

[quote name='eliter1']Nintendo is making sure there are a lot of Wii's out for Brawl. Last Sunday i got my Wii at a CC and they got 45 Wii's. I got there after they opened and got mine and there were still some left after i left. Nintendo wants everyone to have a Wii for Brawl only prolem is there won't be enough Brawl copies for half the people who own a Wii... I think.[/quote]

It may sell out at certain stores, but it shouldn't be hard to find. There are very rarely shortages ever on any mass produced game with as much hype as Brawl. It just doesn't happen.

[quote name='drfunk85']It may sell out at certain stores, but it shouldn't be hard to find. There are very rarely shortages ever on any mass produced game with as much hype as Brawl. It just doesn't happen.[/quote]uhhh ok

Time to go camp out in 25 degree snowy weather so i can watch a bunch of no job scalpers buy 3 a piece -end sarcasm-

when will nintendo cut the damn sharade and ship the shipments they know they have instead abusing this marketing tactic to death

[quote name='renique46']Time to go camp out in 25 degree snowy weather so i can watch a bunch of no job scalpers buy 3 a piece -end sarcasm-

when will nintendo cut the damn sharade and ship the shipments they know they have instead abusing this marketing tactic to death[/quote]

Yes I can see how a shortage in supply without increasing prices are really helping Nintendo make money thus cashing in on their ridiculous "marketing tactic." If Nintento's goal was to limit profit then I can see how your arguement makes since.

And before you reply do you really think the majority of people who weren't going to buy the Wii now want the Wii cause it's hard to get? -end rant-

[quote name='renique46']Time to go camp out in 25 degree snowy weather so i can watch a bunch of no job scalpers buy 3 a piece -end sarcasm-

when will nintendo cut the damn sharade and ship the shipments they know they have instead abusing this marketing tactic to death[/quote]

it's not a marketing tactic.

it's called supply and demand.

[quote name='kulsechsky']Yes I can see how a shortage in supply without increasing prices are really helping Nintendo make money thus cashing in on their ridiculous "marketing tactic." If Nintento's goal was to limit profit then I can see how your arguement makes since.

And before you reply do you really think the majority of people who weren't going to buy the Wii now want the Wii cause it's hard to get? -end rant-[/quote]

shortage my ass

both 360 and ps3 had this "shortage" problem at beggining of launch which is understandable but yet both and nintendos own ds can be found easily and yet here we are a godamn year and 3 months into this system and yet noone can find one and around here people have 0 interest in a wii but buy them cause they know they can flip them for chump change cause they have no real jobs

theres actually some people that sell theirs for 150 and one person wanted to sell theirs for 300 with gh3 umbrellas chronicles 2 extra nunchucks cause they got tired of it hell if anyone wants it you could message that person i know who it is

it will just be just a fad

[quote name='banpeikun']uhhh ok[/QUOTE]

You may be skeptical, but keep in mind that a lot of Best Buys still have the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 in stock. Brawl shouldn't be too hard to find - Melee outsold every other Gamecube game and, if anything, there's even more demand for Brawl, so Nintendo's not going to hold back the production run for this. Every copy of the game that they can get out on the shelves will sell, guaranteed.

when will nintendo cut the damn sharade and ship the shipments they know they have instead abusing this marketing tactic to death[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you're shopping, but most of the stores in my neck of the woods limit Wii sales to one a person.

[quote name='pday1']it's not a marketing tactic.

it's called supply and demand.[/QUOTE]

No kidding - when I got my Wii last week at Target, there was a line across the storefront by the time they opened...in below-freezing Michigan weather. The demand is very real.

[quote name='renique46']shortage my ass

both 360 and ps3 had this "shortage" problem at beggining of launch which is understandable but yet both and nintendos own ds can be found easily and yet here we are a godamn year and 3 months into this system and yet noone can find one and around here people have 0 interest in a wii but buy them cause they know they can flip them for chump change cause they have no real jobs

theres actually some people that sell theirs for 150 and one person wanted to sell theirs for 300 with gh3 umbrellas chronicles 2 extra nunchucks cause they got tired of it hell if anyone wants it you could message that person i know who it is

it will just be just a fad[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the nonsensical nature of most of your post, you overlooked the fact that, for most of January, it was incredibly difficult to find the DS or the 360 at most stores.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You may be skeptical, but keep in mind that a lot of Best Buys still have the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 in stock. Brawl shouldn't be too hard to find - Melee outsold every other Gamecube game and, if anything, there's even more demand for Brawl, so Nintendo's not going to hold back the production run for this. Every copy of the game that they can get out on the shelves will sell, guaranteed.

I don't know where you're shopping, but most of the stores in my neck of the woods limit Wii sales to one a person.

No kidding - when I got my Wii last week at Target, there was a line across the storefront by the time they opened...in below-freezing Michigan weather. The demand is very real.

Ignoring the nonsensical nature of most of your post, you overlooked the fact that, for most of January, it was incredibly difficult to find the DS or the 360 at most stores.[/quote]

funny thing is ds and 360 around here are not relatively hard to find i see them all the time including january its the star wars psp out of all things i dont seem to see anywhere

bread's done
Back