Wiis At Bestbuy On June 24

[quote name='aznpersuasion']"all" bestbuys should be getting the systems in anytime but will be held for the sunday ad on june 24

i hope this helps for those who are looking for one[/quote]

How do you know that so soon ? Thanks

[quote name='Chitown021']And this qualifies as a deal because....?[/quote]

you posted because..........?

Are these still hard to find? I haven't been looking recently, but I would've assumed that they would readily available by now.

[quote name='McAck']you posted because..........?[/quote]

Thanks for answering my question with another one. I was just trying to understand because I must have missed something. This site is called CHEAP ASS GAMERS right?

So are these Wii's at Best Buy on June 24th going to be on sale or something?

I'm not looking for one personally, but I still have yet to see one on shelves at any store yet...and I am out and about every couple of days. They are still hard to come by, but that doesn't make it a deal. Still though, some people like to know where they can get some, and its not hurting anyone, so let it go ;)

[quote name='dpatel']Are these still hard to find? I haven't been looking recently, but I would've assumed that they would readily available by now.[/QUOTE]
Theyre still hard to find in my area, I was considering buying one but hadn't seen one at all in the past week anywhere.

[quote name='dpatel']Are these still hard to find? I haven't been looking recently, but I would've assumed that they would readily available by now.[/quote]

I have never seen a Wii in a store here in Fort Lauderdale ever.

[quote name='Chitown021']I was just trying to understand because I must have missed something. This site is called CHEAP ASS GAMERS right?
[/quote]

Nope, it is Cheap Ass Gamer, no plural. And it is somewhat of a deal, considering Wiis can be hard to find, and MSRP is cheaper than what you will find on eBay(usually).

[quote name='Crazydom']I have never seen a Wii in a store here in Fort Lauderdale ever.[/quote]

I live in Los Angeles, and I have never seen a Wii on shelves either. Unless you line up about 30~ mins before the store opens you're probably not gonna get one just waltzing in.

[quote name='dios']thanks for your input asshole[/quote]

No kidding. The content of the original post was made perfectly clear by the thread title, yet people still take the time to click and give their input of "this is a deal why?" and "how is this a deal?"

[quote name='dios']thanks for your input asshole[/quote]

QFT!

*everyone else was doing it*

If the gun I want doesn't come in stock by the afformentioned date then I shall have a Wii!

[quote name='Chitown021']So are these Wii's at Best Buy on June 24th going to be on sale or something?[/quote]

Yes, they'll be on sale at a cool $249.99. :D :/

Don't shoot me... I couldn't resist! :p

I think it's pretty good to know...I know I was looking for one for three weeks and was just able to pick one up a couple days ago. I wasn't just browsing. I was calling and calling every day. So I think people who don't think it's a deal can shut the fuck up.

[quote name='Chitown021']Thanks for answering my question with another one. I was just trying to understand because I must have missed something. This site is called CHEAP ASS GAMERS right?

So are these Wii's at Best Buy on June 24th going to be on sale or something?[/quote]

It is MSRP. The thing is, some people don't understand (especially ones who don't want one) that the real value of the console is currently higher than MSRP. It's not common for a mass produced product, but that's just how it is. Like someone said, ebay sells them for $300 and getting it for standard price is actually a deal. Just ask people who are looking for hot cars like when the Honda Civic Si came out last year. Too many people wanted it and you would be lucky to get the car for MSRP without it being marked up $2,000.

But I would have to agree that a deal doesnt' necessarily have to be by price but by availability.

I've only seen one store with shelves that had Wiis, the guy said they got in 10 that morning. Other than that, NEVER EVER seen a Wii anywhere in stores, so yes, just a store having them for sale is a deal. We do not necessarily have to have deals where the price is real low, sometimes as somebody else already pointed out, just having them in stock is considered a deal. For those that still want a Wii, BB having them IS a deal.

Thanx for all the support you guys...i was about to just delete the thread after reading the first couple replies but b/c of all the understanding people that knew i was just trying to others know about the info i guess it will stay up. this is why i cag is the best.

And for those that wonder it has been about 3 weeks since some of the bestbuys have received any wiis...they are hard to find and a lot of ppl are still looking for them.

I will try to keep everyone up to date if anything new comes up.

[quote name='rcx4']Can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE]

No.. this is the internet silly.

I don't know why you guys are getting on OPs case though. Not every deal posted here will be of use to you. Obviously people are looking for Wiis, so while this may not be a sale, it still is worth of a topic.

[quote name='dpatel']No.. this is the internet silly.

I don't know why you guys are getting on OPs case though. Not every deal posted here will be of use to you. Obviously people are looking for Wiis, so while this may not be a sale, it still is worth of a topic.[/quote]Exactly, and technically this is a deal. It may be just MSRP, but when the only other options are over MSRP (Amazon, eBay), being able to get one for $249.99 is a deal.

Some people are just obnoxious on these boards, causing far mroe to clutter up the forum than people trying to help and posting threads like this one. Grow up.

So 7 months after launch and it's still a "deal" to post threads saying "such-and-such store will have Wii's on XXX date"? I had no problem when these threads would pop up around the holiday season but this is ridiculous IMHO.

If you haven't gotten one for retail by now then you haven't tried very hard. They've been in the Target, TRU, BB, CC, K-mart, Wal-Mart, etc... ads dozens of times since the first of the year.

You can use your reward zone card to earn enough points for a $5 best buy gift certificate. That makes it $245. There, now it is a deal.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You can use your reward zone card to earn enough points for a $5 best buy gift certificate. That makes it $245. There, now it is a deal.[/quote]

You forgot tax. It's a much better deal to wai until Amazon.com has some in stock. $249.99 OTD.

[quote name='Chitown021']So 7 months after launch and it's still a "deal" to post threads saying "such-and-such store will have Wii's on XXX date"? I had no problem when these threads would pop up around the holiday season but this is ridiculous IMHO.

If you haven't gotten one for retail by now then you haven't tried very hard. They've been in the Target, TRU, BB, CC, K-mart, Wal-Mart, etc... ads dozens of times since the first of the year.[/quote]Considering they're still not radily available in store, yes this type of thread is prefectly acceptable. If it was for a 360, DS Lite, PS3, etc., then that would be silly. It makes no difference on how long its been out, just how difficult it is to find now.

Well I will probly be there on the 24th and this is a "deal" to me since I don't want to pay $50 more or I don't want a fucking bundle of games I don't like...SO to me and others like myself, this is a "deal". Thanks OP

[quote name='daroga']Considering they're still not radily available in store, yes this type of thread is prefectly acceptable. If it was for a 360, DS Lite, PS3, etc., then that would be silly. It makes no difference on how long its been out, just how difficult it is to find now.[/quote]

I kinda feel bad people still can't find this sytem. I guess desperate people need to make a nice $20 profit on ebay.

[quote name='Dhuk']I kinda feel bad people still can't find this sytem. I guess desperate people need to make a nice $20 profit on ebay.[/quote]

It's not really difficult: just tedious. Walmart, Target and others don't tell you when they have one unless you call over the phone in the morning. By then, it may already be gone. Some people dont wanna go through the hassle. I'm looking forward to June 24. Unless I get mine for free :D (see below sig)

[quote name='panasonic']its been out for over 7 months at this point if i didn't have one might as well wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect a price drop anytime soon with the way these are selling.

@OP

Good thread. IMO we should have a thread like this that is updated weekly since there is a need for it. Just ignore the assholes.

For example, stuff like that DDR Mario game which used to be selling for over $100. It's what, $50 if you find it in a store? If someone finds one, he's going to think it's a deal, right?

Since Wiis are also selling for around $50 over MSRP...

There's a fantastic deal on assholes in this threads first page. All you have to do is read three replies and you get an asshole FREE.

No rebates, quality of asshole is YMMV.

[quote name='hohez']There's a fantastic deal on assholes in this threads first page. All you have to do is read three replies and you get an asshole FREE.

No rebates, quality of asshole is YMMV.[/quote]
149x182-DonKanonji.gif

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
I hate it how nintendo is making this a big deal. Instead of having promotions like a free game or accessories with purchase of Wii. They want people to worry about having their system in stock. Its total BS.

The way I see it is that if enough non-gamers have run out and purchased a Wii because of all the hype. We should see a ton of used Wii systems around Christmas 07. I figure many non-gamers will unload them for cash realizing they never play it anymore.

I just don't see many non-gamers owning the system. I see them playing it at a friend's house...but not owning it.

bread's done
Back