Wii's in Best Buy Sunday ad for 12/02/07

Went to BB at around 8am, and found out that they had 75 Wiis. They had already given out all the vouchers for them. There was even one guy who there at midnight. I'm not sure though when the last few vouchers were given out.

Though I do agree with the person a few posts back, because people were making a line, yet not a single employee came out and had the courtesy to say anything, or that those people were wasting there time. Also had one lady who got furious, along with some others in line cuz apparently they had been calling BB in the last week trying to get reassured that it would be first come first serve, and that they wouldn't be giving out vouchers or anything. And BB continued to tell them that it was indeed first come first serve, and that there would be no vouchers. I can't say I fault those people for being upset.

I'm upset with myself a lot because I completely underestimated this, and all I can hope for is that another shipment of them comes soon.

Though, I'd like to ask you guys: Does BB do this usually every week? Every 2 weeks? Or once in a while?

If there is indeed another shipment coming up next Sunday or somethin, I'm just gonna go at midnight and not take any chances whatsoever. If I can't even get it doing that, then I just give up. :p

[quote name='Ronin317']
I'm sure that GM at BB is not getting paid enough to listen to 40 people scream about their kids and ruined dreams and blah blah blah because they aren't the early bird. [/QUOTE]

I work part time at BB and you'd be surprised how much a GM makes. I teach and listen to parents yell and scream all the time for about 1/3 of what a BB GM makes. :)
I considered waiting in line this morning, but since the Wii would be for me and not a gift I figured to just wait till after Christmas. I don't want to be the Grinch that stole some kids Christmas Wii.

[quote name='robdees']but since the Wii would be for me and not a gift I figured to just wait till after Christmas. I don't want to be the Grinch that stole some kids Christmas Wii.[/quote]

Eh, fuck 'em. I waited for stuff when I was a kid, why shouldn't these brats? And yes, I'm generalizing, but damn, kids today are just horribly parented.

My buddy and I were the youngest in line. The line consisted of 30-70 year olds looking for the Wii for there kids and grandkids.

this is so godamn pathetic that this overhyped system is at the point where it is now where fags have to buy it just to sell it on ebay instead of letting people buy it for a better cause seriously u got people like some of you in the thread that wants to get it for family but has a hard time getting one just think about how moms are telling their kids theyll get one for christmas and come christmas day kid is disappointed cause mom/dad/etc couldnt find one cause jackasses who already have one to begin with bought another one just to sell for only 100 $ profit seriously all that trouble to make chump change people must really be broke these days.

Also how the hell did that couple get 2 vouchers you know damn well they cheated the system or something cause it said 1 per customer per household so they probably pretended they dont live together or something. blah sad anyway people ar ebending over backwards trying to get a system thats not that godlike like people want you to believe they end up getting it then the gimmick wears off once they finish the 4-5 1st party nintendo titles which are givens but then after those then what.

/rant LOL

[quote name='renique45']this is so godamn pathetic that this overhyped system is at the point where it is now where fags have to buy it just to sell it on ebay instead of letting people buy it for a better cause seriously u got people like some of you in the thread that wants to get it for family but has a hard time getting one just think about how moms are telling their kids theyll get one for christmas and come christmas day kid is disappointed cause mom/dad/etc couldnt find one cause jackasses who already have one to begin with bought another one just to sell for only 100 $ profit seriously all that trouble to make chump change people must really be broke these days.

Also how the hell did that couple get 2 vouchers you know damn well they cheated the system or something cause it said 1 per customer per household so they probably pretended they dont live together or something. blah sad anyway people ar ebending over backwards trying to get a system thats not that godlike like people want you to believe they end up getting it then the gimmick wears off once they finish the 4-5 1st party nintendo titles which are givens but then after those then what.

/rant LOL[/QUOTE]

Im keeping mine. Anyways the way I look at it, I could careless if someone sells it. When push comes to shove money is more important for some people than ethics. If the Moms and Dads really wanted it for their kid they would show up at 4.00am and not stroll up like a bunch of jackasses at 7-9am thinking they can get a Wii. Thats the way I look at it.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']mine is for my nephew, and to keep my Mom from going insane trying to find one in her area (VA)[/quote]

my advice to you is check best buy in springfield around wednesdays/thursdays. dont ask me how i know got it.

When will people start blaming the stupid nintendo japs for not making enough and leave the retail folks alone...

[quote name='robdees']I work part time at BB and you'd be surprised how much a GM makes. I teach and listen to parents yell and scream all the time for about 1/3 of what a BB GM makes. :)
I considered waiting in line this morning, but since the Wii would be for me and not a gift I figured to just wait till after Christmas. I don't want to be the Grinch that stole some kids Christmas Wii.[/QUOTE]

A best buy GM after yearly bonus makes about 120k easily.

[quote name='renique45']this is so godamn pathetic that this overhyped system is at the point where it is now where fags have to buy it just to sell it on ebay instead of letting people buy it for a better cause seriously u got people like some of you in the thread that wants to get it for family but has a hard time getting one just think about how moms are telling their kids theyll get one for christmas and come christmas day kid is disappointed cause mom/dad/etc couldnt find one cause jackasses who already have one to begin with bought another one just to sell for only 100 $ profit seriously all that trouble to make chump change people must really be broke these days.

/rant LOL[/QUOTE]PUNCTUATION, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.[quote name='wirechild']When will people start blaming the stupid nintendo japs for not making enough and leave the retail folks alone...[/QUOTE]not making enough? do we have to have this argument again?

and "japs"? I'll bet you're a riot at parties. :roll:

Got there at 8, was 15th out of 58. They handed out tickets around 8:30, but then told us if we left the line we forfeited our ticket. Kind of defeats the purpose of giving out tickets if we still have to stay in line, doesn't it? Oh well, I got my Wii so I can't complain.

Saw the crazy lines this morning, didn't want to deal with it. I guess I'll just wait till after xmas when this holiday rush dies down.

whoa...gms don't make that much...at least not all. they range between 75-120. no way an A band best buy gm is going to make 120k. just isn't going to happen for that store's revenue.

and the lines were pretty crazy. but cause i work inventory, i'm hoping to get some more this week and just buy one or two for resale. just need to check the manifest for when they come in

[quote name='Bune']PUNCTUATION, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.not making enough? do we have to have this argument again?
dont-worry-im-from-the-internet.jpg

oh noes this pic suits u well
really couldnt give a shit about what you say k thx

[quote name='renique45']
really couldnt give a shit about what you say k thx[/quote]

It's a damn shame stupidity and ignorance isn't a bannable offense, so we could be done with you right now. Fortunately, being excessively obnoxious is, so by all means keep it up.

Mine was all sold out. The crappy thing is I saw 6 sitting there last week, and I didn't know I had to buy one for my niece at that point in time.

Of course I stupidly did not listen to this thread and decided to sleep in today. Turns out, my BB had 78 Wiis and Toys R Us across the street had some as well. All sold out by now. I swear, I am taking any small rumor (about availibilty of Wiis) deadly serious from now on.

I have Blue Laws in the county I live in, so I went to the next county over to get a Wii this morning. I think I am going to go to the BB close to me tomorrow because they were closed today. I am going to try to get a Wii for my nephew.

Bellevue, WA Best Buy had 216 Wiis! I was 15th in line, got my wii, took it out to the car, then got back in line and got another for my niece and nephew.

The BB at the harborplace in downtown Baltimore starting handing out tickets around 6am. They had 36 units, last ticket went at 8:45 (doors opened 10). Didn't get one :(

[quote name='djfp']Bellevue, WA Best Buy had 216 Wiis! I was 15th in line, got my wii, took it out to the car, then got back in line and got another for my niece and nephew.[/QUOTE]

The BB over here had about 50+ Wiis but there were about 100+ people. Some at the end of the line were actually thinking that more would be in-stock if they waited there long enough.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']Hey dumbass, My system can check how many wii's each store has and noone gets past over 50 EVER ,and the ad clearly says 18 per store.

my store has currently 32 but do you honestly think we'll offer them all in one day? buisness doesn't work like that jackass.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it never happens. like, never ever. Wait, what's this?[quote name='djfp']Bellevue, WA Best Buy had 216 Wiis! I was 15th in line, got my wii, took it out to the car, then got back in line and got another for my niece and nephew.[/QUOTE]hmm...[quote name='renique45']
really couldnt give a shit about what you say k thx[/QUOTE]you know, it's people like you who prove the movie Idiocracy right.

I really wonder what the 'linesitter' breakdown is at this point of loathsome eBay hoarders, almost equally deplorable trendy Alpha moms that are buying it out of sheer sociological compulsion, and--we still exist!!--honest-to-goodness gaming types. See, I have to all but completely eliminate the zealots, 'cause they've by now certainly got their launch console, their bedroom 'VC-focused' one, their basement 'surrogate 'cube', and their 'open box in case of emergency' back-up, right? Oh, almost forgot the 'Just to Support The Big N!' act of charity purchase!

I still can't get over two things here:

1.) How a gaming system now over a year old is still next-to-impossible to get, and pretty much has been the entire duration, not just suddenly again during the holiday rush.

2.) How registered users at this site still adamantly insist on getting a Wii 'on their terms', i.e. waiting until the last minute before store opening, then feeling compelled to mention/bitch about how they got shut out here. Were it me, I would get my Thermos of spiked holiday cheer, myTauntaun carcass--whatever it takes--and put in the six hour shift, just to be done with it. Hell, the last three console launches I had preorders secured for, I could hardly think about sleeping anyway!

I have my issues with some aspects of this console, but it's worth the effort, the extra few hours. And at least it doesn't have a 150-page-and-growing thread about failure!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']It's a damn shame stupidity and ignorance isn't a bannable offense, so we could be done with you right now. Fortunately, being excessively obnoxious is, so by all means keep it up.[/quote]

the fact you still wake up every morning is a bannable offense honestly shut up.

On another note, i wonder why the goo (nah cant use that either) japones or nintendo usa didnt see this coming, the wii is a year old and it still feels like it just came out because of its scarcity lets just hope 3rd party supports the system nintendo cant do everything alone with its 1st party titles until then wii is just basically what some people have called it a gamecube with a motion sensor that until now had no good games to play at all

[quote name='jollydwarf']I really wonder what the 'linesitter' breakdown is at this point of loathsome eBay hoarders, almost equally deplorable trendy Alpha moms that are buying it out of sheer sociological compulsion, and--we still exist!!--honest-to-goodness gaming types. See, I have to all but completely eliminate the zealots, 'cause they've by now certainly got their launch console, their bedroom 'VC-focused' one, their basement 'surrogate 'cube', and their 'open box in case of emergency' back-up, right? Oh, almost forgot the 'Just to Support The Big N!' act of charity purchase!

1.) How a gaming system now over a year old is still next-to-impossible to get, and pretty much has been the entire duration, not just suddenly again during the holiday rush.

2.) How registered users at this site still adamantly insist on getting a Wii 'on their terms', i.e. waiting until the last minute before store opening, then feeling compelled to mention/bitch about how they got shut out here. Were it me, I would get my Thermos of spiked holiday cheer, myTauntaun carcass--whatever it takes--and put in the six hour shift, just to be done with it. Hell, the last three console launches I had preorders secured for, I could hardly think about sleeping anyway!

I have my issues with some aspects of this console, but it's worth the effort, the extra few hours. And at least it doesn't have a 150-page-and-growing thread about failure![/QUOTE]

I still can't believe that people like you can't get over it

get over it

absolut%20capitalism.jpg

[quote name='renique45']the fact you still wake up every morning is a bannable offense honestly shut up.

On another note, i wonder why the japs or ninty usa didnt see this coming, the wii is a year old and it still feels like it just came out because of its scarcity lets just hope 3rd party supports the system nintendo cant do everything alone with its 1st party titles until then wii is just basically what some people have called it a gamecube with a motion sensor that until now had no good games to play at all[/quote]

Can we ban this moron please?

i woke up and drove over to bb in my pjs at 530 am and saw a line of at least 50 already so i got some mcgriddles and went home.

[quote name='Plinko']Can we ban this moron please?[/QUOTE]

Report his post, that should do the trick.

The line at Best Buy wrapped around the building. I missed out on one at TRU by a couple of minutes (the people ahead of me bought the last three).

Guess I can't get too upset about it, but damn it would be nice.

Went to stand with a friend this morning. They had 30 wii's in stock, and we (he) was number 30. People attempted to cut us so they could stand with their friends. We played the role as police, and quickly took care of the situation and he got his Wii.

Sherman Oaks, CA had 38 Wiis.

My gf and I were 8/9 in line- sold our tickets for $100 each, which is going towards my Black Friday tab.

[quote name='Coper3000']Went to stand with a friend this morning. They had 30 wii's in stock, and we (he) was number 30. People attempted to cut us so they could stand with their friends. We played the role as police, and quickly took care of the situation and he got his Wii.[/QUOTE]
I hate when people try to pull that crap on any line

Really, please try to take that extra second or two to focus on quoting only what is relevant to your snide potshot response in the future. Thank you.

And if creating totally unnecessary tertiary markets and hoarding is pure capitalism, then I guess I'm not a capitalist after all. Also, it's a bitch when it comes around on you, whether you're in denial about that or not. It really sucks when it's for something that doesn't get another shipment, i.e. a concert or sporting event. And if you're a hoarder, even a little: fuck you.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I really wonder what the 'linesitter' breakdown is at this point of loathsome eBay hoarders, almost equally deplorable trendy Alpha moms that are buying it out of sheer sociological compulsion, and--we still exist!!--honest-to-goodness gaming types. See, I have to all but completely eliminate the zealots, 'cause they've by now certainly got their launch console, their bedroom 'VC-focused' one, their basement 'surrogate 'cube', and their 'open box in case of emergency' back-up, right? Oh, almost forgot the 'Just to Support The Big N!' act of charity purchase!

I have my issues with some aspects of this console, but it's worth the effort, the extra few hours. And at least it doesn't have a 150-page-and-growing thread about failure![/quote]

After not reading most of that, it's just ebay hoarders buying them up. I love how some scalpers bastardize/use their children as a means of their greed. Man with 3 kids, "Can I get one for each of my children, I don't want them fighting over one". :walks out with 4 of them:

Whats the worth on the wii now, $310? with the chance of getting it bought by a scammer?

The profit isnt even big is what i dont get, just chump change nothing compared to the way people were getting 5k for ps3 during that whole fiasco but whatever not consumers fault at all.

Speaking of scammer, this guy is offering 80gb ps3 with 9 games for 300 LOL surrre

[quote name='Dhuk']
Whats the worth on the wii now, $310? with the chance of getting it bought by a scammer?[/QUOTE]

It's enough to make me want to find more. $310 is a nice little profit to some people.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's enough to make me want to find more. $310 is a nice little profit to some people.[/quote]

I think he means the Wii is worth $310 making the profit margin $310 minus $249.99 + tax & eBay fees. Although from what I've see the average selling price for a console only on "the bay" seems to be about $400.

[quote name='djkunai']Sherman Oaks, CA had 38 Wiis.

My gf and I were 8/9 in line- sold our tickets for $100 each, which is going towards my Black Friday tab.[/QUOTE]

I hate that Best Buy gives out tickets. BF was ruined this year because of the 3am tickets. People up front just took tickets for everything and then turned around and sold them for lots of money. BB might as well just start auctioning the items to the highest bidder.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Really, please try to take that extra second or two to focus on quoting only what is relevant to your snide potshot response in the future. Thank you.

.[/QUOTE]
who the eff is this referring to?

[quote name='jollydwarf']Really, please try to take that extra second or two to focus on quoting only what is relevant to your snide potshot response in the future. Thank you.

And if creating totally unnecessary tertiary markets and hoarding is pure capitalism, then I guess I'm not a capitalist after all. Also, it's a bitch when it comes around on you, whether you're in denial about that or not. It really sucks when it's for something that doesn't get another shipment, i.e. a concert or sporting event. And if you're a hoarder, even a little: fuck you.[/QUOTE]

you failed at noticing the part where i ordered you to get over it

i'll quote what i want to quote how and where i feel like quoting it, no matter what you or any other cheeto swilling, mouth breathing keyboard jockey would prefer i do.

get over that too while you're at it and stop taking the shaq-deucing internets so seriously before you bust your cherry firing off angry responses at people you'll never meet face to face, asstard

and i didn't say anything about capitalism, i posted a picture

you made up something in your head to argue against, as i'm sure you normally do

read up on free market economy

a tertiary market is only as 'necessary' as the consumers make it. ebay and the new(er) online grey market are huge parts of the U.S. and global economy now which redistribute wealth in ways that weren't even being considered a decade ago. it's not bad or good... it just is. it must be hard for you to comprehend a position that doesn't require an argument to defend, but those do exist.

lastly i never hoard, ever... and i never will... and i never said i did

i know that doesn't stop you from thinking it though

if i didn't have an nephew who wanted a Wii and Rock Band and a mother who is too fragile to fight the crowds at Best Buy i wouldn't give a fat frack.

so i guess my only response to that would be
cash.jpg

good luck getting over life.. and the sixth grade.

[quote name='Chitown021']I think he means the Wii is worth $310 making the profit margin $310 minus $249.99 + tax & eBay fees. Although from what I've see the average selling price for a console only on "the bay" seems to be about $400.[/QUOTE]

They're going for the mid-$500 range. Same on Amazon.com.

I couldn't sleep this morning since my nephew wants a Wii so bad.

Went to Best Buy in West Covina @ 4am, 4 college kids were front, I was #5.

Lots of people coming in between 5:30-7:30am

West Covina only had 18 Wiis this morning.

I've asked some people in line if they're going to play or sell. The majority is selling.

Good news if you're around my neighborhood: A truck with additional Wiis will be arriving at the same location between 3-7p.

Anyway, a happy nephew on Christmas Morning. Good luck to whom still searching for a Wii.

bread's done
Back